• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' Second Coming

InChrist

Free4ever
Another name for Satan is Death.
Hebrews 2:14. Revelation 6:8.
Satan does certainly have a close connection to death, although I don't know if the scriptures are quite clear in stating his name is Death. Nevertheless he has a lot of names and negative attributes, such as: serpent, dragon, roaring lion, etc. You thoughts are interesting and definitely both death and Satan are defeated by the victory of Jesus so it doesn't seem like much of a point to debate or disagree about.

Faithofchristian

Satan does certainly have a close connection to death, although I don't know if the scriptures are quite clear in stating his name is Death. Nevertheless he has a lot of names and negative attributes, such as: serpent, dragon, roaring lion, etc. You thoughts are interesting and definitely both death and Satan are defeated by the victory of Jesus so it doesn't seem like much of a point to debate or disagree about.

Satan has many names such as
The son of perdition
Death
The Wicked one
Dragon
Serpent
Lawless one
False Prophet
The beast
Antichrist
Devil
Man of sin
The Adversary
The rebellious one
son of the morning
The evil one

Furchizedek

As Jesus said unto Mary touch me not in
John 20:17
Now what is the spirit of the word that Jesus spoke unto Mary ?

Notice that in John 6:63--"It is the spirit that quickens, the flesh profiteth nothing,
The words that I speak unto you , They are spirit, and they are life"

Ok, so what is the spirit of the word that Jesus spoke unto Mary, saying touch me not?

John 6:63 is a light year or more from John 20:17. Different situation, different audience, different context. John 6:63 is the verse that Catholics ignore so that they can practice their imaginary ritual cannibalism and eat human flesh and drink human blood that they say John 6:53-57 tells them to do. Someone put words in Jesus' mouth, and it would seem, someone else tried to correct it or at least mitigate it with John 6:63. John 6:63 has nothing to do with John 20:17, it is a rebuke of the idea of eating human flesh and drinking human blood. John 6:63 contradicts John 6:53-57. (IMO) And John 20:27 was changed to make it fit someone's agenda. Jesus never told Thomas to touch him and never allowed it. It was probably impossible with the type of body Jesus then had and that's why Jesus would not let Mary do it either. Flesh and blood bodies do not appear and disappear instantly, as Jesus did after the resurrection. (IMO)

All these things were written down decades after Jesus lived, from hearsay and stories passed around, by unknown, anonymous authors and there are no original manuscripts. There are no original manuscripts, just thousands of hand written copies of copies. There was plenty of time for erroneous memories, errors, and agendas to be incorporated into these scriptures. (IMO) (IMO) (IMO)

Faithofchristian

Satan and death, are one and the same.
Death is just another name for Satan.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
If Jesus comes again in the flesh, is that not reincarnation?
I doubt that religions believing in reincarnation would consider this an example of reincarnation. I suppose it depends on how you define the term. Probably the term has various meanings in various traditions.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
if he was before abraham, was he not the personality melchizedek then?
This is a question of interest to Christians. I think they would interpret such verses figuratively or allegorically to avoid thinking of Jesus as anything other than the second person of the Trinity.