• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Lewis Died Today

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
RIP, Nutty Professor....
Nutty+Professor+08.jpg

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I cannot recall having seen anything in which he starred, but ninety one years is a good long time to have lived.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Not one of my favorite comedians, by far, but I also recognize the man was an icon. His work on the Telethon for Muscular Dystrophy was wonderful stuff.

The Holy Bottom Burp

As a kid I thought he was hilarious, I avidly watched his films. Some say (probably with some truth) that Jim Carey ripped off his act, but generally speaking I like Jim Carey as well. Zany and slapstick? Yes? Sophisticated? No. Still, I've a lot of affection for the zany and the slapstick, it makes us laugh, and Jerry Lewis was a brilliant talent in that respect. I remember him with a lot of warmth.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As a kid I thought he was hilarious, I avidly watched his films. Some say (probably with some truth) that Jim Carey ripped off his act, but generally speaking I like Jim Carey as well. Zany and slapstick? Yes? Sophisticated? No. Still, I've a lot of affection for the zany and the slapstick, it makes us laugh, and Jerry Lewis was a brilliant talent in that respect. I remember him with a lot of warmth.
Not to mention his passion and commitment to charity. Particularly the MD Foundation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"Laaaddyy..." This man was a ray of comic sunshine in my many times dismal youth. Rest in peace, sir.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Laaaddyy..." This man was a ray of comic sunshine in my many times dismal youth. Rest in peace, sir.
I never connected with his style of humor, never worked out what the fuss was about, was always more inclined to grimace than to laugh.

But he was indeed iconic, and the French loved him too.