• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's becoming the norm to accuse males running for political office of inappropriate touching

sealchan

Why is this becoming the normal thing? Is our politics full of pervs?

I don't mind Trump but he's the only one on record saying if you're popular you can do whatever you want with women, even grab them by the pu$$y.

It's the mysogeny underlying the act that is the problem. It's the woman who is intruded on as if she were a child who didn't need to be asked or who was assumed that any sort of physical affection would be welcomed. Women are expected to give and receive intimate physical expressions without question and this is not an acceptable boundary any more. Failure to recognize this is an issue.

sealchan

Reporting it at precise times to soil their reputation. If it happened 5 or 10 years ago, why wait?

She didn't wait for his official declaration, she didn't wait for him to win the party, she didn't wait for him to become president.

She spoke out when it mattered. If he wasn't looking like he was going to run, why expose herself and him to this?

sealchan

Our culture is changing at an astonishing pace. A while back, a man that I know pretty well hit me on the rear. Being who I am, that was a great surprise, and I was very conflicted. I went to an older woman and told her about it. She just laughed at me and said that he did not mean anything. I let it pass.

These days, women are demanding to be treated as equals, and I think it will take a while to work that out.

Trump is repulsive in the extreme. I can't imagine how he gets away with what he does.

Money. Gold diggers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's the mysogeny underlying the act that is the problem. It's the woman who is intruded on as if she were a child who didn't need to be asked or who was assumed that any sort of physical affection would be welcomed. Women are expected to give and receive intimate physical expressions without question and this is not an acceptable boundary any more. Failure to recognize this is an issue.
Ya know....it isn't just women who endure unwanted physical contact.
I notice that women (usually from the east coast) are into hugging as
a greeting. And in the NYC area, even pecks on the cheek are common.
I find that occasionally, I must explain to an approaching female that I
avoid contact other than handshaking. This works for me, & some even
adopt the ritual of humorous "air hugs".
Anyone who wants limits honored must enforce them. We can't expect
others to have the same level comfort with all this touchy feely stuff.

sealchan

Ya know....it isn't just women who endure unwanted physical contact.
I notice that women (usually from the east coast) are into hugging as
a greeting. And in the NYC area, even pecks on the cheek are common.
I find that occasionally, I must explain to an approaching female that I
avoid contact other than handshaking. This works for me, & some even
adopt the ritual of humorous "air hugs".
Anyone who wants limits honored must enforce them. We can't expect
others to have the same level comfort with all this touchy feely stuff.

Listening to others, allowing cracks in the norm so that individuals can find their own comfort...that is the goal I seek.

I find that so many societal norms are so much superficial fluff...from clothing choices to hair styles...sheesh! Why do we have to pretend that our humanity has to put on a uniform to best be shown?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Listening to others, allowing cracks in the norm so that individuals can find their own comfort...that is the goal I seek.

I find that so many societal norms are so much superficial fluff...from clothing choices to hair styles...sheesh! Why do we have to pretend that our humanity has to put on a uniform to best be shown?
Ugh...uniform dress....yet another pain in the arsch.
My idea of formal wear is a Hawaiian shirt.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I don't mind Trump but he's the only one on record saying if you're popular you can do whatever you want with women, even grab them by the pu$$y.
Until recently it's been the norm for men to inappropriately touch women with impunity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even the female candidates?
I doubt it's true for either as women obviously don't have as much testosterone (and she would show physiological signs if she did), and in men extra testosterone is converted into estrogen.
So, it would seem to me an A type personality (it actually has to do with how people manage/cope with stress) under this model would would stand for A-cup ***** tits.(A type embraces the challenge because it's there, B is more laid back about it and "meh." - or unless it's the "big five," which is all rubbish)

sealchan

Joe Biden said that times are changing and he will respect women's boundaries. That should be all that is needed.

I watched his video...it was as sincere and open an apology as I have seen a politician deliver. Given that the press will be holding him accountable...I agree.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Creepy Uncle Joe likes this.

"VICE PRESIDENT JOE Biden enjoys swimming without a bathing suit, a new book claims.

Biden, who’s flirting with a run for president in 2016, gives Secret Service agents an eyeful both at his Delaware home and at the vice president’s official residence in Washington, D.C., according to “The First Family Detail” by Ronald Kessler."

Not only has "creepy" Joe Biden infringed upon many women's/female teenagers' personal space, he liked to swim without his "junk" in a swimming "trunk" while he was being watched by female secret service agents. ..:eek:

Hope the pool was warm enough for you Joe; otherwise, you'd probably just be a self embarrassing ole' man with shrinkage.

Ellen Brown

"VICE PRESIDENT JOE Biden enjoys swimming without a bathing suit, a new book claims.

Biden, who’s flirting with a run for president in 2016, gives Secret Service agents an eyeful both at his Delaware home and at the vice president’s official residence in Washington, D.C., according to “The First Family Detail” by Ronald Kessler."

Not only has "creepy" Joe Biden infringed upon many women's/female teenagers' personal space, he liked to swim without his "junk" in a swimming "trunk" while he was being watched by female secret service agents. ..:eek:

Hope the pool was warm enough for you Joe; otherwise, you'd probably just be a self embarrassing ole' man with shrinkage.

It was unwise, if this story is true. Still, I've seen so many "nekid" people that I pay no attention. It is just another aspect of being human that religion has screwed up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was unwise, if this story is true. Still, I've seen so many "nekid" people that I pay no attention. It is just another aspect of being human that religion has screwed up.
Still, exposing one's genitals in the workplace has been treated as a severe offense
by those in the #metoo movement. If Biden has done so in the workplace of Secret
Service workers, why is this acceptable, but not in other cases of exposure?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

If such kinds of "sexual behavior" really bothers you, then why do you continue to support Trump at seemingly every turn?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Hey .just a thought, maybe its a feminist ploy to discredit male domination and take over the world.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If such kinds of "sexual behavior" really bothers you, then why do you continue to support Trump at seemingly every turn?
If you so vehemently oppose Trump's sexual impropriety,
why are you OK with Biden exposing himself in the workplace
to Secret Service agents?
Unlike his excessive touching, this is a real violation.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Women take over the world?
Hah!
Their regime would collapse into a tickle fight.
(That's why Thatcher lost power.)

Women make the best leaders, problem is alpha males just dont have the honesty to admit it

Thatcher lost because she was a ________. (Think of any nasty, evil, insulting, revolting word you want). Even her own team didnt want her in the end. Many of britains troubles can be traced directly to her policies.

But in her favour she invented soft scoop ice cream.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Women make the best leaders, problem is alpha males just dont have the honesty to admit it

Thatcher lost because she was a ________. (Think of any nasty, evil, insulting, revolting word you want). Even her own team didnt want her in the end. Many of britains troubles can be traced directly to her policies.

But in her favour she invented soft scoop ice cream.
Deny it all you want, the feminist's dirty secret is
woman's irresistible love for a good tickle fight.
I studied civics at a large public school !!!