• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamaphobia

firedragon

Veteran Member
The religion that they follow that promotes such actions is also vile.

I am not even suggesting that all Muslims would take their religion that seriously.

Not all Muslim women wear the hijab, niqab & burka.

Great. So all Muslim men are not wife beaters right? Fine. Some are.

Are they worse than ever other religious group in the world?

Wasp

It's not bigotry it's history,muhammed ran from mecca to yathrib/Medina,lacked money,did some raiding and killed the Jews there.

If there was a Jesus the story is completely different.
Yes. The muslims would be tortoruted to death and Islam would be gone. That is, had there been the Christian version of Jesus.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Great. So all Muslim men are not wife beaters right? Fine. Some are.

Are they worse than ever other religious group in the world?

Great. So you concede that some Muslim men are wife beaters right? Fine.

Do you also concede that their religion promotes wife beating?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

You will find that kind of man in ANY religion you look in to But also in none religious family, you find some men who beat their wife. it is NOT only in Islam you find Men doing horrible things. It is not ONLY in Islam you find people doing what they should not do. It is called not knowing what life teach you, and yes you find those in every religious community too. but 99% of religious or none religious men do behave the way they should and become very good moral people.

firedragon

Veteran Member

I dont know about "promotes".

But most traditional exegesis of Islamic jurisprudence do have the wife beating aspect of it although there is a lot of debate one it. The mainstream or predominant idea is that its a symbolic beating. Some linguistic scholars say very different things for e.g. Jamaal Badhwi. And some scholars who go to the most classical linguistic analysis say that it doesn't say beat at all. Have you done any analysis on this matter?

Of course some Muslims are wife beaters. So are all other kinds of people. There were over a million women who reported wife beating in the United States. India has one of the worst cases of wife beating. So it goes on like that.

Anyway, do you believe that statistically Muslims are the worst in wife beating?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Al qarada raid for one,look it up I'm off to work

Right. Whose caravan did Muhammed as you say raided and why? Who told this story and when?

Let me give you the direct reference to one historian who wrote about this. Atthabari, foundation of the community, episode of alkaradah.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I dont know about "promotes".

But most traditional exegesis of Islamic jurisprudence do have the wife beating aspect of it although there is a lot of debate one it. The mainstream or predominant idea is that its a symbolic beating. Some linguistic scholars say very different things for e.g. Jamaal Badhwi. And some scholars who go to the most classical linguistic analysis say that it doesn't say beat at all. Have you done any analysis on this matter?

Of course some Muslims are wife beaters. So are all other kinds of people. There were over a million women who reported wife beating in the United States. India has one of the worst cases of wife beating. So it goes on like that.

Anyway, do you believe that statistically Muslims are the worst in wife beating?
"Some linguistic scholars say very different things for e.g. Jamaal Badhwi. And some scholars who go to the most classical linguistic analysis say that it doesn't say beat at all."

Kindly quote from them for me and provide the link, please.

Regards

firedragon

Veteran Member
"Some linguistic scholars say very different things for e.g. Jamaal Badhwi. And some scholars who go to the most classical linguistic analysis say that it doesn't say beat at all."

Kindly quote from them for me and provide the link, please.

Regards

Sorry brother. I cant provide links. I can give you direct sources if you are interested.

About scholarly sources, you have to go to the books, they are not online.

1. About beating symbolically, try any Tafsir. Its called darban gayra mubarrih. Try Gender Equity in Islam by Jamal Badawi.
2. To understand why some scholars dont believe this reference in the Quran doesn't mean beat at all, try reading the Quran translation of Laleh Bakthiar. Or Edip Yuksel. Or Shohorab. Or Layth.

Go to the direct source and analyse what they say.

Hope you have a great day.

Peace.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Islamic women have been conditioned to accept servitude as being normal.

Muslim women demonstrate how husbands should beat them | Daily Mail Online

The worst aspect of this is that they are teaching children to accept the same in a modern society.

The cycle continues.
The content of the Daily Mail Online article is based on a video of two women discussing this matter. The video is provided and I thought it was informative.

However it doesn't support your claim: "Islamic women have been conditioned to accept servitude as being normal."

That's not what I see in the video.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
"So I'm genuinely interested in a dialogue about Islam."

Then one should read Quran from cover to cover to enrich one's experience with Quran*. It is not a voluminous book, the one I read from in Arabic fits just in the pocket of a normal shirt easily, and it belongs to an important world Religion. Then one could know as to what the Quran is.
Is one seriously interested, please?

Regards
* as envisaged in my posts Post #116 and Post #1219

I have read the Quran cover to cover. I find it to be a horrible book, filled with hate and lies.