• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam in the Tanakh and the Bible

Fatihah

well it was the 7th century Judaism and Christianity were very well established, and i would not use the word Plagarism ,more like assimilation.Its much easier to convert people with a religion they already have a grasp of ,than something completely alien.Then when anyone does start to make enquiries, you can say the older scripture is corrupted.

Response: But how would that make it much easier? If it's a clear forgery or assimilation then that would make a person not believe. How do you see it as the other way around? If someone today claimed prophethood and tried to convert me or other muslims with verses identical or similar to the qur'an, that would not make someone believe in them. Naturally, one would accuse them of forgery and call them a false prophet.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Until you demonstrate the truthfulness of your claims then it IS propaganda.

I don’t like the sound of that…
londonprotests.jpg

is this the best you can come up with?

i thought you said you were out of here last time, remember?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: But how would that make it much easier? If it's a clear forgery or assimilation then that would make a person not believe. How do you see it as the other way around? If someone today claimed prophethood and tried to convert me or other muslims with verses identical or similar to the qur'an, that would not make someone believe in them. Naturally, one would accuse them of forgery and call them a false prophet.
But, Fatihah, for the early part of his career, Muhammad was viewed as a nutcase and no one really took him seriously.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Do you see me debating? Interestingly making claims with no substantiating isn't debating so that makes at least two of is.

so you just trhow the bait, and then let the fish to kill eachother over it?

and when someone turns to you, you are out of here, why is that?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
he was El Emin, "the trustworthy one", your statement is so, so wrong.
I seem to recall Wild Mo' had to leave Mecca because things were getting a little hot for him there. That would make your claim somewhat irrelevant, my friend.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I seem to recall Wild Mo' had to leave Mecca because things were getting a little hot for him there. That would make your claim somewhat irrelevant, my friend.

who's WILD MO' and was this during the time of Muhammed (saws) or are you just trying to change the subject?
it seems you are, what does someone have to do with what Muhammed (saws) was called before he was a prophet?

themadhair

so you just trhow the bait, and then let the fish to kill eachother over it?
The only contribution I had was Zoroastrianism but I know little about it.
and when someone turns to you, you are out of here, why is that?
Probably because when someone makes a claim without sufficient evidence, and appears unaware of that insufficiency of evidence, a debate is clearly not possible. I am interested in the topic and hope, probably rather naively, that if I mock the lack of actual debate on one side it may help inspire some.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
sure i do, i never said i don't. some histories are actually written by people who witness the actual history making moments.
Ok. Show me a peer-reviewed, non-religious historical document that proves Islam is the oldest religion even though it was founded AFTER Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The only contribution I had was Zoroastrianism but I know little about it.

Probably because when someone makes a claim without sufficient evidence, and appears unaware of that insufficiency of evidence, a debate is clearly not possible. I am interested in the topic and hope, probably rather naively, that if I mock the lack of actual debate on one side it may help inspire some.

alright, what would you like to debate?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Ok. Show me a peer-reviewed, non-religious historical document that proves Islam is the oldest religion even though it was founded AFTER Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism.

hey, nice question, give me some spacce to think about it ok, probably 5-10 min will be good.