• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam in the Tanakh and the Bible

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
both living and dead.
Why do you believe the dead ones? Maybe they were lying? Maybe they weren't really there? How do you know?

This is why we leave historical study to scholars who study a place, time, people, religion, etc., and tell us what happened from a non-biased viewpoint. I will believe them over your biased religious beliefs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Response: But how would that make it much easier? If it's a clear forgery or assimilation then that would make a person not believe. How do you see it as the other way around? If someone today claimed prophethood and tried to convert me or other muslims with verses identical or similar to the qur'an, that would not make someone believe in them. Naturally, one would accuse them of forgery and call them a false prophet.
I think it depends. Anyone who believes in the basic tenets of Judaism believes that prophets are appointed from time to time. Look at it this way: Moses claimed prophethood and told people who thought they were following Abraham's example to change their ways, using Abraham as support. Was Moses unsuccessful? Did they call him a false prophet because he knew the teachings of the prior prophets?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
who's WILD MO' and was this during the time of Muhammed (saws) or are you just trying to change the subject?
it seems you are, what does someone have to do with what Muhammed (saws) was called before he was a prophet?
Oy vey. :rolleyes:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Why do you believe the dead ones? Maybe they were lying? Maybe they weren't really there? How do you know?

This is why we leave historical study to scholars who study a place, time, people, religion, etc., and tell us what happened from a non-biased viewpoint. I will believe them over your biased religious beliefs.

exactly my view, islam has been studied by many scholars who have studied every aspect of it, and have come to a conclussion that it is the only true religion.

and further more, many non muslim scholars and doctors have studied Muhammed (saws) and have come to a very clear conclussion that he was a real prophet from god.

so what do you have to say about this?

NOTE; this is not my answer to your other question.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
exactly my view, islam has been studied by many scholars who have studied every aspect of it, and have come to a conclussion that it is the only true religion.

and further more, many non muslim scholars and doctors have studied Muhammed (saws) and have come to a very clear conclussion that he was a real prophet from god.

I say, 'show me proof' because I believe none of it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Ok. Show me a peer-reviewed, non-religious historical document that proves Islam is the oldest religion even though it was founded AFTER Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism.

OK. I'll be waiting. And I don't want to see any verses from your holy book. They are meaningless to me.

first i need to ask some questions to clarify things, so that i don't mees it up.

i cannot use anything from islam as proof right? but i can everything else?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

NOTE; this is not my answer to your other question.
Um, Eselam, don't you think there is a tiny possibility that those Muslim "scholars" are perhaps a teeny weeny bit biased?
It's not like they are going to conclude that Islam is false and that Muhammad was a fraud. Come on, be honest.
It is almost inconceivable that they would arrive at any othe conclusion, so their opinions are actually of little value.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Um, Eselam, don't you think there is a tiny possibility that those Muslim "scholars" are perhaps a teeny weeny bit biased? It's not like they are going to conclude that Islam is false and that Muhammad was a charletan. Come on, be honest.

what about non muslim scholars, what do you say to that?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
first i need to ask some questions to clarify things, so that i don't mees it up.

i cannot use anything from islam as proof right? but i can everything else?
Right. I want to see respected, scholarly historical documents, i.e. history books, peer-reviewed articles, etc.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I say you still haven't shown this to be true, you just keep saying it is true, which is not proof.

nice try. i will show them to you, but what happens after i do. and it may actually take 2 days, so i will post them, i won;t let it go, if i'm not speaking the truth, then please do call me a LIAR ok

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Depends. I'm more interested in the actual evidence than the messenger.

no actually they verify that the quran cannot be the word of a man, but a god creator. and by that they do verify that a man could not possibly have authored the quran.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
nice try. i will show them to you, but what happens after i do. and it may actually take 2 days, so i will post them, i won;t let it go, if i'm not speaking the truth, then please do call me a LIAR ok
I am not calling you a liar. I believe you believe every word you say. That still does not make it truth. You are not looking at things logically and factually. There was no religion called Islam until Muhammad founded it in the 7th century AD/CE. There were many religions already founded and being practiced before that time. Therefore, Islam CANNOT be the oldest religion on Earth. Period, end of story.