• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any possibility of God's existence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can't even see any initial starting point in any context that would even support a definition of possibility.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If you don't know what it is, exactly what are you believing in?

I don't have to see God by my eyes in order to believe that he exists, he isn't a product
of our nature as to define it.

The definition of life is controversial, but as a quick definition, I would say that living things:

- maintain homeostasis,
- undergo metabolism,
- grow,
- adapt to their environment, and
- respond to stimuli.

That doesn't explain what life itself, otherwise we can made life from scratch.

This question is irrelevant to the question of how life is defined, no?

Life is a mystery, we don't know what it's, this is the problem, the arrogance.

whirlingmerc

Of course... and in Romans the issue isn't possibility but people have to exert themselves to deny God
The beginning of wisdom is the fear of God

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Is there any possibility of God's existence

I am more and more thinking that question is old fashioned and outdated. I think the 'Does God Exist?' debate comes from a time when it was pretty much Abrahamic God versus Materialistic Universe. Today, due to more education and exposure many like myself would choose 'neither of the above'. I think today the question is better worded as 'What are your thoughts on the nature of existence'.

Anyway, I will answer 'Yes' to your question as I think the Abrahamic God concept is closer to the truth than the atheistic concept.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you have a specific verse which makes you sure that the quran is a man made product?

Try 29:49, since you want specific verses.

Not that I mind man made products, mind you. It is claims of divine favor that I won't support.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What the problem with verse 29:49? would you please explain.
The later part of it is translated, among other wordings, as:

" And none reject Our verses except the wrongdoers."
"Only the wicked will disregard our revelations."
"none deny Our Revelations except the wicked".

A true revelation from God would know better.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The later part of it is translated, among other wordings, as:

" And none reject Our verses except the wrongdoers."
"Only the wicked will disregard our revelations."
"none deny Our Revelations except the wicked".

A true revelation from God would know better.

Would know better about what?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Would know better about what?
A true religion ought to know that there is such a thing as honest disagreement.

Particularly when the subject matter is the supposed Word of God.

There are other, less direct or less clear yet comparable statements through the Qur'an. It says outright that only the wicked would disbelieve... and therefore it is objectively wrong.

As an atheist, I know that. Ironically, because the Qur'an entitles me to that authority.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A true religion ought to know that there is such a thing as honest disagreement.

Particularly when the subject matter is the supposed Word of God.

There are other, less direct or less clear yet comparable statements through the Qur'an. It says outright that only the wicked would disbelieve... and therefore it is objectively wrong.

As an atheist, I know that. Ironically, because the Qur'an entitles me to that authority.

I think the problem lies in the language, the word ظالمون translated as wicked or wrong doers .etc,
but actually الظلم means making unfair judgement, such as accusing one of being guilty while
he isn't, IOW being injustice, it has nothing to do about person's ethics.

The quran isn't saying you're a bad person, a disbeliever or an unfair judgement isn't an insult.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't have to see God by my eyes in order to believe that he exists, he isn't a product
of our nature as to define it.
If you don't know what "God" means, how do you know that you haven't seen God with your own eyes? How do you know that God isn't a product of our nature?

Until you put some sort of definition on the word "God", I can dismiss whatever you say about God as completely made up.

That doesn't explain what life itself, otherwise we can made life from scratch.
You think that we can make anything we can define? Bizarre.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If you don't know what "God" means, how do you know that you haven't seen God with your own eyes? How do you know that God isn't a product of our nature?

Until you put some sort of definition on the word "God", I can dismiss whatever you say about God as completely made up.

Why we need to describe what God is and how he looks like ..etc

You think that we can make anything we can define? Bizarre.

We don't know what life is as to produce it, how to put life in a non living thing,
so what is life, can you tell us what life is?

12jtartar

Premium Member
What do you say ?

Chinu,
I read one time about mathematicians putting the odds that the universe could have, just happened. The odds were, all the atoms in the known universe, to one. They also found that anything of more odds than 40,000 to one was impossible.
So that means that some mind of ultimate power and knowledge had to have created all that there is. I can think of no better mind than The Almighty God, whose Personal name, in English, is Jehovah.
This God says that there is no other than Him, and that He was the one who created all things, and that He holds in His hand all our lives and breath. He even says that He will put out of existence all who worship false gods, and all who do not know Him, 2Thessalonians, 1:6-10, Jeremiah 10:11,15, Acts 17:24-28, Psalms 115:1-8, Isaiah 45:12, 18, 20,21.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
And how could we define God, do you think God can be described as describing
a human being or the stone?

Your name suggests that the god you believe in inspires fear, FearGod.

You're telling me that you are afraid of something you have absolutely no definitions for? This god has no characteristics? No expectations for you?

You can't be afraid of something so vague, can you?