• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the World out of Control or Not?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This is a fearful religion you serve.

Man's history has shown over and over again that man can't establish Peace on Earth.

What is fearful about Jesus governing over Earth for a thousand years.
As described at Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14
Jesus will have subjects or citizens from sea to sea, from the rivers to the ends of the Earth.
Jesus will rescue the poor one who cries for help, and the lowly one who has no helper.
Jesus will have pity on the lowly and the poor, and the lives of the poor he will save .
From oppression and from violence Jesus will rescue them.
Why? because their blood is precious in his eyes.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Our world has better international communication and international cohesion than when our parents and grandparents were alive. So I am optimistic and hopeful that there is hope and a will to reduce strife and disaster.

We all need ' hope ' because without hope even purpose won't last.
The time is coming when man will be saying, " Peace and Security " according to 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
But those words are only a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in lasting Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus will have subjects or citizens from sea to sea, from the rivers to the ends of the Earth.
Jesus will rescue the poor one who cries for help, and the lowly one who has no helper.
Jesus will have pity on the lowly and the poor, and the lives of the poor he will save .
So, no Armageddon then? No war to end all wars? No death, disease, heartache, and pain?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This includes you too. We are all stubborn:..................
Takes some work. Where do you start?

I started by reading the words of Genesis that we should be good stewards of our God given Earth.
Good stewards of Earth to me includes taking clean care of house and home and health and plant and animal life.
That to me even includes No littering at all. Loving and helping one's neighbors takes work too because I have to stop and think and observe how I can be beneficial to them in both a practical way and maybe in a spiritual way.

Being stubborn it does Not come easily for us to cultivate the good fruit of God's spirit as listed at Galatians 5:22-23 so we must put forth effort for those beneficial ' spiritual ' qualities to grow within us. For me a life-long working project.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So, no Armageddon then? No war to end all wars? No death, disease, heartache, and pain?

Armageddon is the war to end all wars, and as Psalms 46:9 says God will make wars to cease world wide.
The great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 will climax in the war to end all wars: aka Armageddon.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of wickedness as per Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
And yes, through Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth, according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26, even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8, and there will be 'healing' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
Notice that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' beneficial for food and healing for earth's nations.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I started by reading the words of Genesis that we should be good stewards of our God given Earth.
Good stewards of Earth to me includes taking clean care of house and home and health and plant and animal life.
That to me even includes No littering at all. Loving and helping one's neighbors takes work too because I have to stop and think and observe how I can be beneficial to them in both a practical way and maybe in a spiritual way.

Being stubborn it does Not come easily for us to cultivate the good fruit of God's spirit as listed at Galatians 5:22-23 so we must put forth effort for those beneficial ' spiritual ' qualities to grow within us. For me a life-long working project.

Yes. Im only pointing the difference in having a belief to motivate you to work together as opposed to saying we cant succeed together without everyone else needing to follow our core foundation to do so.

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The world has been on the cusp of destruction for thousands of years now. At different times from different cultures/religions/whatevs.

I think the fear is more reflective of the fear of an individuals own mortality, more than it is a fear that the world is ending.

Laika

Premium Member
THE year 2017 began with a dismal proclamation by the scientific community. In January a group of scientists declared that the world just got closer to the worst catastrophe ever. Using the symbolic Doomsday Clock to illustrate mankind’s proximity to a global disaster, scientists moved the clock’s minute hand forward by 30 seconds. The Doomsday Clock is now set at merely two and a half minutes to midnight—nearer to a global catastrophe than at any time in over 60 years!

In 2018, scientists plan to evaluate again how close we are to the end of the world as we know it. Will the Doomsday Clock still signal an impending and unprecedented catastrophe? What do you think? Is the world out of control? You might find the question somewhat difficult to answer. After all, even experts are divided on this subject. Not everyone believes in an inevitable doomsday.

Is the World out of Control or Not?

What do you believe?

The world is out of control and we are at a tipping point that will define the conditions of future generations to come. I am expecting the worst, but I will do what I can to make sure it goes in the opposite direction. Each of us can make the future to some extent and together it is possible to make a good one. I'm still exploring the options at this point and double-checking my thinking to make sure I'm not completely out of my mind.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Man's history has shown over and over again that man can't establish Peace on Earth.

Actually this is already happening.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

One would hope we would have learnt from what we have subjected ourselves to already!

Still we have put the climate so out of balance, that we have a lot to face before we restore our earth to a better balance.

Regards Tony

idav

Being
Premium Member
Yes. Im only pointing the difference in having a belief to motivate you to work together as opposed to saying we cant succeed together without everyone else needing to follow our core foundation to do so.
Well you know how God always needs a wrath.

Repeatung from the Bible will not help until you address some of he facts I posted that refute the doom and gloom stuff. The thousand year stuff is mythology, science suggests it won't be a very fun life one thousand more years after a calamity. Many apocalyptic writings have the same self fulfillment prophecies, really who in the NT said anything original?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When you ask if the world is out of control, I have to wonder whose control? It has *never* been under the control of the human race more than it is now. But, if we don't have ourselves under control, that just means we produce chaos in all we touch. We have the capability to have a positive impact, if we so choose.

Those who are causing the main threats to the human race are the human race. Those who are causing the continuing extinction of many species of wildlife are also humans. We do indeed have the wherewithal's to make a difference.....so why haven't we do you think? Why do we keep blundering along as if the whole world system doesn't needs fixing? Who does the buck stop with?

But, of course, that means getting away from apocalyptic mythologies and figuring out how to *fix* things rather than making them worse, or ignoring them because the 'end is near', or thinking God is going to intervene and save some of us. As long as that is the central message in society, we won't have the determination to do anything that takes hard work and sacrifice.

Thank you....this really made me laugh. How many 'apocalyptic' thinkers are responsible for the mess the world is in? The last time I looked, science was the largest contributor to the choking pollution, and the weapons of mass destruction, and almost all of the things that threaten our health and well being on this planet.

Genetically modified foods are poisoning us as well as those sciences that develop industries that pollute the air, the water and the soil. Nuclear power stations are another source of man's shortsightedness. When man creates monsters he can't control, you have to wonder about how intelligent he really is, don't you?

We have so much to thank the sciences for......but I can't think of any that outweigh the damage they have done.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Is the earth out of control? No, it is in the complete control - of Satan. Anything to do with religion is under constant attack.
24993446_1501456736576921_6830730955318322525_n.jpg

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Hi Deeje,

You know my thoughts about this.

The world has made great progress in the last 150 years but of course there is much to be done.

Although there are is significant areas of conflict in the world, the scale of international conflict has diminished in no small measure due to increased international cooperation and the establishment of the United Nations and associated international agencies in the aftermath of WWII.

Democracy is well established as main model of governing human affairs.

Women's rights have improved and women in most democracies can participate in elections whereas in the nineteenth century they could not.

Increasingly we see ourselves as one people, on one common homeland, the earth.

I could go on and on. Of course there is much work to do and that depends on the contribution each of us can make to our communities.

It is a great mistake to imagine that the problems are so big and insurmountable to render ourselves powerless. If each of us plays our part, we can turn this world into paradise on earth. :)

God bless and thanks for posting.
But...but... scary Muslims! Obama!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Armageddon is the war to end all wars, and as Psalms 46:9 says God will make wars to cease world wide.
The great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 will climax in the war to end all wars: aka Armageddon.
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of wickedness as per Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
And yes, through Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth, according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26, even 'enemy death' will be No more on Earth - Isaiah 25:8, and there will be 'healing' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
Notice that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' beneficial for food and healing for earth's nations.
This does not tell me this is not a religion that makes itself out of fear. Quoting verses like these confirms that.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One would hope we would have learnt from what we have subjected ourselves to already!

Still we have put the climate so out of balance, that we have a lot to face before we restore our earth to a better balance.

Regards Tony
Well yes, that we have a sickness in our societies called unregulated greed that rapes and pillages the world, its resources, and its people, is a problem. One hopes we will find it in ourselves to change our ways before we kill ourselves, like an obese person eating themselves to death. But this image of God coming to destroy us is fear mongering.

What I said to the Jehovah's Witnesses who were at my door a couple Saturday's ago was that I see God as always inviting, never imposing. The notion that he will "intervene", ride in on a white horse and slay people to establish his over government on earth does not fit in with the knowledge of God as Love.