• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the World out of Control or Not?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is the earth out of control? No, it is in the complete control - of Satan. Anything to do with religion is under constant attack.

I find at 2 Corinthians 4:4 that 'Satan is the ' god ' of this world' of badness proves true.
Seems as if Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ) will be the first to go.
Christendom first to go because judgement will start with the religious ' house ' of God as per 1 Peter 4:17.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My expression for what you refer to as "demonic" is "Kali Yuga" which to me is ending second by second with the new world being born as warm harbingers of spring are felt while winter appears to hold sway. I see signs of spring every day.

...and I find warm harbingers of spring in that I find the coming dawn of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth as a breath of refreshing spring air coming to us with advancing speed to refresh earth's nations as promised at Revelation 22:2 there will be food and healing for earth's nations through Christ.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
...and I find warm harbingers of spring in that I find the coming dawn of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth as a breath of refreshing spring air coming to us with advancing speed to refresh earth's nations as promised at Revelation 22:2 there will be food and healing for earth's nations through Christ.
In other words, you're holding off on living that freedom now until after you're dead?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Not to mention its greatest threat. :eek:

Yes, it does seem that humans are the greatest threat to the animal kingdom.
Humans seem to be the reason that animals are put on the endangered species list.
And good-hearted humans only have limited success in helping animals because of other humans.
I have heard hunters can now hunt by cameras and don't have to even be physically present.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In other words, you're holding off on living that freedom now until after you're dead?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.
What freedom am I holding off on living because the dead know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5.
There is No freedom/living in death but only sleep in death according to Psalms 115:17: Psalms 146:4.
Even Christ himself taught at John 11:11-14 there is only sleep in death.
Just as we are Not aware of the passing of time while asleep the dead are Not aware of anything.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when the figurative living humble people on Earth can remain alive, living on Earth, and can stay alive on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins. None of this has anything to with after one is dead, but about staying and being alive on Earth under Christ's governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Each of us on this RF even can put our thoughts and actions towards a better world by starting with Our home, Our community, Our society, and so forth. If we dont see ourselves separate from the world and know this world isnt dependent on us to survive (as if it wants to live forever), yes we can do something but where do each of us start?

Every solution to a problem begins with the will to try and address it. Do we see a whole-hearted collective will on the part of governments to try and rectify the damage we have already done to mother Earth? Every time I throw a piece of non-recyclable plastic in my bin, I wonder why they were allowed to package things in non-degradable materials, knowing what they know. Governments are so slow to act on plastics pollution that is choking our waterways and clogging up landfill at an alarming extent. No one seems to be willing to do their part in solving this problem. Anything we do on an individual basis seems like a small drop in a very large ocean. It is hardly motivating for individuals to act alone. This is a global problem and it needs a global solution with everyone doing their part. Those who created this mess should be the ones to clean it up.....but we see little in the way of real action. It's not like we can't.....but more of a case that we won't change our ways.

Each year in Australia we have a special "Clean Up Australia Day" where citizens are invited to clean up our rivers and creeks and beaches in their local area of the rubbish that lazy individuals throw away. There is literally tons of it. Its a great initiative......but we have to do it every year because the same litterbugs are tossing away just as much as they always have. It's a never ending story. :( If everyone did a little, this would all be solved, but something is preventing that from happening.

I mean eating organics and recycling and prayers are cool, can we go deeper?

Of course we can go deeper, but no one seems willing to try.

We are merely the tenants of this planet, not the Landlord. When tenants treat a Landlord's property with disrespect and cause damage, what is the first thing the Landlord does? He evicts the bad tenants and then he cleans up their mess, ready for new tenants to move in.

This is what I see the Creator of this place we call home, planning to do. He has put the bad tenants on notice and will soon carry out the eviction. Once that is done, this beautiful planet can then flourish as it was meant to. This is how I see it.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.
What freedom am I holding off on living because the dead know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5.
There is No freedom/living in death but only sleep in death according to Psalms 115:17: Psalms 146:4.
Even Christ himself taught at John 11:11-14 there is only sleep in death.
Just as we are Not aware of the passing of time while asleep the dead are Not aware of anything.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when the figurative living humble people on Earth can remain alive, living on Earth, and can stay alive on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins. None of this has anything to with after one is dead, but about staying and being alive on Earth under Christ's governing over Earth for a thousand years.
This is a fearful religion you serve.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The world maybe out of control but what seems more important is that I don't give up.

Just discovered my family motto traced back to Scotland - "While I have breath I hope"

There is no point in giving up.....though many seem to have done just that. It is true that many things are out of our control but there are things we can do even now. It's just that not enough of us are prepared to change what needs changing. Money always seems to get in the way. Financial consideration always seem to go ahead of everything important.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If the world were truly out of control one would not be posting a question on a backwater internet forum asking if it was.

That is not a nice way to describe your fellow forum members. :D You post here.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The greatest threat to the animal kingdom is disease. See the stats link in post 23.

Why disease, what is causing the disease, couldn't it be because of man's neglect of Earth and life on Earth.
Is the African poaching of endangered species due to disease - just saying.......

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
When you ask if the world is out of control, I have to wonder whose control? It has *never* been under the control of the human race more than it is now. But, if we don't have ourselves under control, that just means we produce chaos in all we touch. We have the capability to have a positive impact, if we so choose.

But, of course, that means getting away from apocalyptic mythologies and figuring out how to *fix* things rather than making them worse, or ignoring them because the 'end is near', or thinking God is going to intervene and save some of us. As long as that is the central message in society, we won't have the determination to do anything that takes hard work and sacrifice.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Doomsday will come, just not now.

I find that is man (Not God) who has set the 'doom-and-gloom Doom's Day Clock' with its hands set close to the dark midnight hour. Instead of Doomsday coming, a bright morning for Earth is coming.
Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth in righteousness for a thousand years is coming.
At that time, according to Revelation 22:2, there will be healing for Earth's nations.
That is why we are ALL invited to pray at Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !

idav

Being
Premium Member
Why disease, what is causing the disease, couldn't it be because of man's neglect of Earth and life on Earth.
Is the African poaching of endangered species due to disease - just saying.......
Whatever the reason for disease, humans are the greatest potential healers.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
course we can go deeper, but no one seems willing to try.

This includes you too. We are all stubborn:

This is what I see the Creator of this place we call home, planning to do. He has put the bad tenants on notice and will soon carry out the eviction. Once that is done, this beautiful planet can then flourish as it was meant to. This is how I see it.

In order to work together, we have to put our "fix it" beliefs aside (they cant dictate our solution for the whole) and find ways we can work together by finding a solution without god and individual beliefs.

Takes some work. Where do you start?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But, of course, that means getting away from apocalyptic mythologies and figuring out how to *fix* things rather than making them worse, or ignoring them because the 'end is near', or thinking God is going to intervene and save some of us. As long as that is the central message in society, we won't have the determination to do anything that takes hard work and sacrifice.

I find Jesus' central message of Daniel 2:44; Luke 4:43 is that his God will come to our rescue, but as Not to do hard work and sacrifice that was Not part of Jesus' message. Never did Jesus teach to Not do anything that takes hard word and sacrifice including telling the world about Jesus' instructions found at Matthew 24:14; Acts of the Apostles 1:8.
Jesus' message of John 13:34-35 is that we should have the same 'self-sacrificing love' for others as Jesus has.

Jesus also gave us the illustrative story about a neighborly good Samaritan who helped another in distress.
Thus, showing we should ALL broaden out, or widen out, in showing active love to others in their time of need.

We are all supposed to be good stewards of Earth, that is a purpose of God for us to take good care of Earth.

arthra

Baha'i
Will the Doomsday Clock still signal an impending and unprecedented catastrophe? What do you think? Is the world out of control? You might find the question somewhat difficult to answer. After all, even experts are divided on this subject. Not everyone believes in an inevitable doomsday.

While it seems discouraging at times I think we are better off ... that is we are in a more peaceful mode than we were say at the height of the arms race between the US and the Soviet Union or say during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Thanks be to God we are not in a major World War with millions of casualties. Yes there are many frightening issues in Yemen, Somalia, Thailand, Syria, Korea that need immediate attention.

Our world has better international communication and international cohesion than when our parents and grandparents were alive. So I am optimistic and hopeful that there is hope and a will to reduce strife and disaster.