• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Religious Right in America gunning for you?

Is the Religious Right going to try to take away more hard-won freedoms?

• Yes, beating Roe, they'll target other rights they hate.

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • No, they only care about abortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

InChrist

Free4ever
Well, He's had oodles more than ample time to do so -- and so far seems to have chosen not to bother. Kind of hard to explain, really.

It's like, if you have kids, will you only let them know directly that you are their father once they're dead -- but they'd better have done everything correctly, according to the people who tell those kids what it is you want (because you didn't want to tell them yourself)?"

I dunno, but I really find this sort of odd...o_O
But how many people choose to ignore God and never actually seek to ask Him directly for directions, wisdom, answers, etc.? Because they don’t want to hear from God. It appears that most people (and I include myself) often, if not all the time do not want to know what God thinks because we want to do our own thing. How often is God blamed or accused of letting all the bad things happen and yet never even acknowledged or thanked for the good things?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
But how many people choose to ignore God and never actually seek to ask Him directly for directions, wisdom, answers, etc.? Because they don’t want to hear from God. It appears that most people (and I include myself) often, if not all the time do not want to know what God thinks because we want to do our own thing. How often is God blamed or accused of letting all the bad things happen and yet never even acknowledged or thanked for the good things?

That is your faith. Not mine. And some Christians do it differently than you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Again you attempt to shoehorn things within the context of your religion, which is nonsensical to those outside it.

InChrist

Free4ever
Again you attempt to shoehorn things within the context of your religion, which is nonsensical to those outside it.
I was responding to another poster who referenced God. How else should I respond but from my own faith perspective?
I do realize it’s nonsensical and non- understandable to non-believers, but I can only share my perspective.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think abortion violates rights/freedom of baby others.
I'd love to see you cuddling up to a 12 week old fetus. It's about 2.5 inches from crown to rump, and weighs about half an ounce.

12 weeks.jpg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that in late June the decision of SCOTUS on abortion is delivered, and it is substantially the same as the leaked document penned by Justice Alito. (Presumably including the arguments based on 400 year old jurists who just happened to believe in witches empowering evil spirits in the world). What will they aim for next?
I believe that the religious right thinks itself "on a roll," and that if you are not a heterosexual, cis-gender God-fearer, they are coming for you. So far as I can tell, they have never been shy about making this intention perfectly clear, even though many weren't paying attention.
Thinks like same-sex marriage, the right to make love to the consenting individual of your choice, the right not to have to "join us in prayer," and many more, I believe, will all soon be under threat, because the Religious Right is now smelling blood, and it is hugely energizing for them.

Whatever ' energizes ' them will soon become their downfall.
Surprisingly the political powers in charge will turn on troublesome religion.
With a bad economy they could even choose to go after the wealth many religions have amassed.
Could even prove to be easy taking through the international banking system.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......Just be honest; you prefer theocracy over freedom.
I wonder what form of theocracy you have in mind.
The modern-day definition of theocracy is: clergy rule or rule by clergy class.
That is Not the Bible's definition of theocracy.
Jesus is King of God's Kingdom and head of the Christian congregation. (the genuine 'wheat' Christians)
Absolute freedom does Not bring Peace but 'relative freedom' within the teachings of Christ brings freedom from fear, freedom from war, freedom from sin and death - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26