• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the Religious Right in America gunning for you?

Is the Religious Right going to try to take away more hard-won freedoms?

• Yes, beating Roe, they'll target other rights they hate.

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • No, they only care about abortion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think abortion violates rights/freedom of baby others.
Seems as if mother and doctor act as judge and executioner in that the unborn is not fit for life.
In Scripture I find the parents are to be responsible for minors - 1 Corinthians 7:14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Only when it's 'underground'. Having it Licenced and regulated makes it safer. Again you can't be pro-freedom if you want to control what consenting adults do with their own money or what goes on within the privacy of their own bedroom..........

In Scripture there is No consenting for fornicators and adulterers.
Under the Mosaic Law they were to be executed.
Often today people use tax-payer money to fund getting rid of an unwanted child or to keep an out-of-wedlock child.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You post a lot of hogwash.

You are a master of irony, albeit unintentionally. :D

Go eat some meat and get your strength back.

I have always eaten meat, so well done on your 100% record of being wrong.

And no it doesn't cause global warming...

Is English your first language? methane is a greenhouse gas, that contributes towards climate change. The more beef we eat, the more cows are needed, the more methane they emit. Too complex for you? I'm not sure I can dumb it down much more.

good grief that's another thing about the left, they buy the most ridiculous propositions.
:rolleyes::D I can't be too harsh, as that was pretty hialrious.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You are a master of irony, albeit unintentionally. :D

I have always eaten meat, so well done on your 100% record of being wrong.

Is English your first language? methane is a greenhouse gas, that contributes towards climate change. The more beef we eat, the more cows are needed, the more methane they emit. Too complex for you? I'm not sure I can dumb it down much more.

:rolleyes::D I can't be too harsh, as that was pretty hialrious.
You obviously read the wrong garbage.
Approximately the same amount of carbon dioxide that is produced by livestock is actually used by plants during photosynthesis.

The people who are selling plant-based alternatives are using hype to try and destroy a necessary industry.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Correct, but you never had the right to any job where you can legally be fired, with or without a vaccine. Nor to enter restaurants that require vaccination, nor airplanes, nor entertainment venues.

One's rights in this matter end with the right to refuse vaccination, a right nobody is denied except perhaps children whose parents hold them down as somebody is inoculating them. For everybody else, no means no.

If you want a gun to defend yourself, it still need to be registered. You have no right to own unregistered guns. You have the freedom to do so if the law permits, a law that can be rescinded, but no right. If the law says so, your gun needs to be registered.
Obviously you don't understand that if self defense is a basic right there's no justification for having to jump through hoops to have a gun.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So why not the same for cannabis, which is significantly less harmful and dangerous than alcohol? Your judgment is inconsistent and arbitrary. Think critically and objectively rather than swallow spoon-fed propaganda.
I never said anything about pot. I have seen no benefit to legalized hallucinations. Medical pot with no getting high potential is a different discussion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
For one thing who are you or any of us to rightly determine when an unborn infant is sentient?
Who are you or any of us to determine when a post-life patient is clinically brain dead? That is a job for scientists using objective methods, not arbitrary scriptural texts.

If the developing infant is left to continue in the womb; what happens? It stays alive and continues growing, obviously. Just as obvious is that abortion kills life. There is no getting around that fact.
Again it kills non-sentient life - except for where there is danger to the sentient life of the mother - then the baby's life has to be weighed against the mother.

Studies have shown pre- born infants can sense light, heat sounds, voices and music. They feel pain between 5-6 months.

Unborn babies recoil from pain at 5 - 6 months - ClinicQuotes

How many abortions take place at that stage or after?
I think a more interesting question is why do abortions happen at that stage or after?

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRCroccSjXWR9HVr_ooA3ErEAR0SifdwY

As said previously, I don’t think the brutality of abortion at any stage or that it is murder can be rationalized away when one is aware of what takes place...

...Suction Abortion

After dilation of the cervix, a suction curette (a tube with a serrated tip) is inserted into the uterus. The strong suction (29 times the power of a household vacuum cleaner) tears the baby’s body apart and sucks it through the hose into a container. This is the most common method of surgical abortion in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Dilation & Curettage (D&C)

Used through the 12th week. After dilation of the cervix, a curette (a sharp, looped knife) is inserted into the uterus. The baby’s body is cut into pieces and extracted, often by suction. The uterine wall is then scraped to remove the placenta and confirm that the uterus is empty.

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)

Committed up to 18 weeks. Forceps are inserted into the uterus, grabbing and twisting the baby’s body to dismember him/her. If the head is too large, it must be crushed in order to remove it. It is arguably the most barbaric of today's commonly used abortion procedures.

https://studentsforlife.org/learn/abortion-procedures/
All of those happen before 20 weeks (ie before 5-6 months when the foetus is capable of feeling pain, so you are simply hand-waving away my refutation of the cruelty aspect and clinging to your concept of the murder of non-sentient life even though it makes you a murderer too without addressing my logic. Mere handwaving does not cut it.

Have you ever had a wart removed? Who are you or I to say that a wart is non-sentient life?! ROFL That is your so called "logic" which simply hand waves away any attempt at reasoned thought process to justify your religious interpretation of arbitrary scripture.

In my opinion.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Obviously you don't understand that if self defense is a basic right there's no justification for having to jump through hoops to have a gun.
Only if someone is too stupid to realise that a proliferation of guns, mean an increased likelihood that they will face someone with criminal intent and a gun.

This is a tired, and well refuted canard you have used.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member
For one thing who are you or any of us to rightly determine when an unborn infant is sentient?

There is no such thing as a pre-born infant.

If the developing infant is left to continue in the womb; what happens?

It's not an infant, this is duplicitous emotive rhetoric.

abortion kills life. There is no getting around that fact.

So does religion, that is also a fact, are you screaming to ban religion?

Studies have shown pre- born infants

No such thing a s a pre-born infant.

Studies have shown pre- born infants can sense light, heat sounds, voices and music. They feel pain between 5-6 months.

That's a lie, please offer a credible citation for this. Not some anti choicer religious website making up BS.

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Only if you are too stupid to realise that a proliferation of guns, mean an increased likelihood that you will face someone with criminal intent and a gun.

This is a tired, and well refuted canard you have used.
Funny how it doesn't work that way in real life. The places where you can carry a gun without a permit actually have less crime.
Four years after allowing the universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine was rated the safest state in the nation for crime.

Suave

Simulated character
Well, if abortion involves killing and removing little legs, arms, and all the human body parts, then it’s a baby in my perspective.
. Babies lack self awareness They could never realize their limbs were amputated. They fail in utero as immature fetal matter to biological function detached from their maternal parent's uterus.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Wrong...in many cases you don't have the right to refuse the jab and continue to work.
Of course, if someone wants to make the moronic decision to risk their lives then that is one thing, but if they want to also take away the freedom of others by risking their lives with their ignorant stupidity, that is quite another.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
. Babies lack self awareness They could never realize their limbs were amputated. They fail in utero to biological function detached from their maternal parent's uterus.
Nonsense. Before a baby can smell, taste, see or hear, he’s already developed his sense of touch. And you want to claim he can't feel?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Of course, if someone wants to make the moronic decision to risk their lives then that is one thing, but if they want to also take away the freedom of others by risking their lives with their ignorant stupidity, that is quite another.
You take higher risks every day and never think twice about them.