• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is jesus his own father?

Beaudreaux

Seriously though, if Jesus was fully man as well as fully God, then he had DNA. Half his chromasomes came from Mary and, if Christianity is right, half came from God. Do Christians believe there is any significance to this Holy genetic material? How did God go about selecting his physical traits?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Doesn't that mean that God put sperm into her womb without breaking her hymen. Kind of like the coin through the table trick, but with holy semen?
That's crude and tasteless. All I said was that God was the literal Father of Jesus Christ, just as Mary was the literal mother of Jesus Christ. She was a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her son, according to the Bible. If she did not conceive by having sexual intercourse, that's your answer.

Beaudreaux

That's crude and tasteless. All I said was that God was the literal Father of Jesus Christ, just as Mary was the literal mother of Jesus Christ. She was a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her son, according to the Bible. If she did not conceive by having sexual intercourse, that's your answer.
Crude and tasteless??? YOU'RE the one claiming that Mary got pregnant from God. The physicality of that is how you define it. If Jesus was fully human, then Mary's eggs had to be fertilized. That means God had to connect it with a sperm. And if she was still a virgin, then God didn't break her hymen in the process. Am I wrong here?

Beaudreaux

Seriously though, if Jesus was fully man as well as fully God, then he had DNA. Half his chromasomes came from Mary and, if Christianity is right, half came from God. Do Christians believe there is any significance to this Holy genetic material? How did God go about selecting his physical traits?

No significance then?

Beaudreaux

Crude and tasteless??? YOU'RE the one claiming that Mary got pregnant from God. The physicality of that is how you define it. If Jesus was fully human, then Mary's eggs had to be fertilized. That means God had to connect it with a sperm. And if she was still a virgin, then God didn't break her hymen in the process. Am I wrong here?
Hellooo, McFlyyyyy? Have I said something incorrect here?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Hellooo, McFlyyyyy? Have I said something incorrect here?

There would have been no eggs, so sperm but sort of an artificial insemination with the embryo already formed.
Christians believe that God created all, so if that is true then He would have created and formed the embryo within the Uterus without the use of any external interference.....
After all we're talking supernatural here......;)

sky cake

but why go thur all the confusion of having mary? why not be born with out eather parent? see the problem is jesus was not the first to come along and say that he was gods son born of a virgin. why not have jesus desend form heaven?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
but why go thur all the confusion of having mary? why not be born with out eather parent? see the problem is jesus was not the first to come along and say that he was gods son born of a virgin. why not have jesus desend form heaven?
Because He had to be born human with flesh and blood. It would have been nothing for a supernatural being to die and be raised from the dead. The mother had to be a virgin proving that she was his mother and that another man could not have been the father.....Who else said they were born of a virgin? The descending comes later, but he did ascend which still proves nothing to the unbeliever....They conclude that Superman can also fly.....

sky cake

there are no less than 13 sun gods that were born of virgins, rose from the dead, were the exepected messiah, were the true son of god, were kill by hanging on a tree, were peirced, and on and on. all came before jesus. no were in the bible does jesus have to be born. if god want jesus to be, he could have just spoke it into existance. the problem is youi have all the calholic that worship mary, now they claim she was with out sin, but that make the new adam and eve mother and son.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
so the surrogate was with out sin?

No. Romans 3:23 says all have sinned. If Mary was sinless she would have never died. Adam died because he sinned. If we could stop sinning we would not die. Because we can not stop unintentionally sinning we die.

We do not know what human perfection and human imperfection would produce. In other words, If Adam remained obedient but Eve had not, and imperfect Eve would have gotten pregnant from humanly perfect Adam, they possibly could have had a perfect child with no leanings toward imperfection as imperfect children do. Since Adam and Eve both became imperfect they could only produce imperfect offspring.

So Mary could not have produced a perfect child with an imperfect husband.
That is why God had to transfer his perfect Son's life to Mary so her son would be born with human perfection as Adam originally had.

This way perfect Jesus could balance the scales of Justice for perfect Adam.
Life for life as the Mosaic law states, or perfect life for perfect life would be equal or correspond for Adam's sin. Since we were born into imperfection through no fault of our own Jesus perfect life's blood could be shed for our sins.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Mary was not the mother? More of a surrogate?

That is speculation on my part, but if God wanted to create an embryo He may have done so with one of her eggs, maybe He didn't require her egg....That answer
will probably never be known...Yes I guess we could look at it as Mary being a surrogate mother....

God the Heavenly Father, Mary the Virgin were the parents of Jesus. Joseph would have been the earthly Father.....
Jesus is not his own Father