• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is jesus his own father?

sky cake

IS JESUS GOD?

IS THE GODHEAD INSEPERTABLE?

SO WHEN A PART OT THE GODHEAD DOES SOMETHING, DO THEY ALL TAKE 1/3 PART IN IT?

DID THE HOLY SPERIT OVERSHADOW "CONGIGATE" "IMPART SEED" WITH MARY, JESUS'S MOTHER.:sarcastic

THEN THEREFORE DID JESUS NOT IMPRAGNATE HIS MOTHER?:yes: :facepalm:

Cordoba

Jesus, peace be upon him, according to the Muslim faith, was a human being, born by a miracle by God, from a mother without a father

He was God's Prophet to guide the lost sheep of Israel

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
IS JESUS GOD?
According to today's Christian, yes.

There is no such thing as the "godhead" /trinity. It was an idea created by the Catholics to make Christianity not conform to Paganistic ideas. Nowhere in the Bible do one read that God the Father is Jesus
If you want me to believe Him to be both the Father and the Son, show me some other passage where it is declared,
'The Lord said unto Himself, I am my own Son, to-day have I begotten myself;'

- Tertullian
They will do these things to you because they haven't known the Father or me.
(Joh 16:3 GW)

Or that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
However, I am telling you the truth: It's good for you that I'm going away. If I don't go away, the helper won't come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
(Joh 16:7 GW)

The doctrine of the Trinity did not form part of the apostles' preaching, as this is reported in the New Testament[FONT=CG Times (W1),Times New Roman]."[/FONT][FONT=CG Times (W1),Times New Roman] (Encyclopedia International, Ian Henderson, University of Glasgow, 1969, page 226)[/FONT][FONT=CG Times (W1),Times New Roman] [/FONT]

The word Trinity is not found in the Bible, and, though used by Tertullian in the last decade of the 2nd century, it did not find a place formally in the theology of the Church till the 4th century[FONT=CG Times (W1),Times New Roman]. [/FONT][FONT=CG Times (W1),Times New Roman](New Bible Dictionary, J. D. Douglas & F. F. Bruce, Trinity, p 1298) [/FONT]

DID THE HOLY SPERIT OVERSHADOW "CONGIGATE" "IMPART SEED" WITH MARY, JESUS'S MOTHER.:sarcastic

THEN THEREFORE DID JESUS NOT IMPRAGNATE HIS MOTHER?
:yes: :facepalm:
See above answer, as the questions become of non relevance, as there is no Godhead.

Muffled

Jesus in me
IS JESUS GOD?

I could point you to the "Is Jesus God" thread but warn you just to read the OP because it is over 100 pages long.

My ecclesiastical dictionary define Godhead as the essentail nature of God. Of course God can't be separated from Himself but maybe you are asking if an omnipresent God is somehow separate just because He is in separate places and my answer would be no that He is still, one, in each and every place.

There is no all. God works in Jesus, the Father and The Paraclete according to His will.

Impart is a poor choice of wrods since it suggests that it proceeded from a Fatherly body but the Father does not have a body. The seed was created and joined with Mary's egg to form a new life and the Spirit of God entered into that new life.

This is a misconception on your part. Jesus is God in the flesh. As the conception was being created there was only The Father until the conception took place. Anytime you try to perceive spiritual things with materialistic eyes you will have a misconception. Spiritual things must be spiritually discerned.
So if that rather uncalled for yes at the end is a shout of victory, it is a pyrric victory at best.

sky cake

IS JESUS GOD?

I could point you to the "Is Jesus God" thread but warn you just to read the OP because it is over 100 pages long.

THANKS!

My ecclesiastical dictionary define Godhead as the essentail nature of God. Of course God can't be separated from Himself but maybe you are asking if an omnipresent God is somehow separate just because He is in separate places and my answer would be no that He is still, one, in each and every place.

THIS IS A COP OUT, THIS IS NOT ATTACK AIMED AT THE TRINITY I WILL CONCEADE THAT FOR THIS ARGUMENT THAT 3=1 BUT IF JESUS IS GOD, EVEN THE FLRSHLY PART OF GOD THEN SHE CONCIVED HIMSELF, HE WAS HIS OWN FATHER, AND HE SLEPT WITH HIS OWN MOTHER. BECAUSE IF GOD MADE THE SEED, GOT THE SEED FORM KING DAVID, OR JUST MADE THE EGG DEVIDE WITH OUT SEED, GOD CAUSED THIS TO HAPPEN. IT WAS AN ACT OF REPRODUCTION.

There is no all. God works in Jesus, the Father and The Paraclete according to His will.

YES AND NO RULES APPLY TO GOD, HE CAN DO WHAT EVER AND TO WHO EVER HE WANTS.

Impart is a poor choice of wORDS since it suggests that it proceeded from a Fatherly body but the Father does not have a body. The seed was created and joined with Mary's egg to form a new life and the Spirit of God entered into that new life.
IT DOS NOT MATTER IF GOD HAS A BODY, FISH DONT HABE PENIS THEY JUST RELEASE SPERM IN TO THE WATER TO REACH THE EGG, IT IS STILL SEXUAL REPRODUCTION, AND SO WAS JESUS'S IMPREGINATION.

This is a misconception on your part. Jesus is God in the flesh. As the conception was being created there was only The Father until the conception took place. Anytime you try to perceive spiritual things with materialistic eyes you will have a misconception. Spiritual things must be spiritually discerned.
So if that rather uncalled for yes at the end is a shout of victory, it is a pyrric victory at best.
LOOK THE TRINITY WAS A MADE UP LIE BY THE CHURCH I AGREE, BUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF CHRISTIAN BELIVE IN IT, CHRISTIANS BELIVE THAT GOD DOES NOT LIE AND WILL DIRECT THEM TO TRUTH. AND THE FACT THAT THE TRINITY IS SO WIDELY ACCEPTED IS A REPUKE TO ALL CHRISTIANS THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PRECEIVE SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH MATERIALISTIC EYES, BECAUSE SPIRITUAL THINGS MUST BE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED, AND ENTERTAINING THE IDEAL OF THE TRINITY, WHEN THE INFORMATION IS THERE FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND IT TO BE FALSE, SHOWS EATHER CHRISTIANS DONT KNOW GOD, DONT FOLLOW GOD, OR THAT THERE IS NO GOD, OR GOD IS INDIFFRENT TO MAN. BUT I FIND NO VICTORY IN FOOLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HELL JUST TO GET THERE MONEY, AND HOPE THAT THE FEAR OF HELL MAKES THEM ACT BETTER. LOOK THE REAL ANSWER HERE IS THAT GOD DOES NOT NEED A "JESUS" TO FORGIVE, RELIGION DOES. IF YOU GOD WAS NOT REAL HE WOULD NEED FOLKS TO FIGHT FOR HIS BEHALF, SPEAK FOR HIM, DEFEND HIM. LIKE THE CHRISTIANS DID IN THE MIDDLE AGES AND THE MUSLEMS ARE DOING NOW KILL FOR HIM.

rrosskopf

LDS High Priest
Personally, I find the LDS version more reasonable, three individuals who are on the same team, two of which have physical bodies similar to our own. Unlike the concept of the Trinity, this is supported by scripture. Jesus didn't go to his father until after his resurrection. His father wasn't one of the spirits in Paradise that Jesus visited with the theif on the cross. The Jewish people have long considered their God to be a living God. I know this seems to conflict with other scriptures, but the idea that God had a son can be found in the Old Testament. There is no evidence that this was meant in any other way than the way that gives actual meaning to the word.

sky cake

Personally, I find the LDS version more reasonable, three individuals who are on the same team, two of which have physical bodies similar to our own. Unlike the concept of the Trinity, this is supported by scripture. Jesus didn't go to his father until after his resurrection. His father wasn't one of the spirits in Paradise that Jesus visited with the theif on the cross. The Jewish people have long considered their God to be a living God. I know this seems to conflict with other scriptures, but the idea that God had a son can be found in the Old Testament. There is no evidence that this was meant in any other way than the way that gives actual meaning to the word.

is it not gods responciblity to clearly define his role in mans religious systems?
does he haze the line of truthfullness, when on one hand he states to not have any gods before him, and then allow the trinity dogma to stand? even your concept of god the father and son as a team, allowes for jesus worship, a god of truthfullness and clearty should not need all the smoke and mirros. religion on the other hand would have to have them because god is not real.

why cant god love us as he saw fit to make us? adam if he were real, fell because god allowed it to happen, satan if he were real fell because god allowed it to happen, by god/religion proffessing that god has to kill jesus to forgive sin, proffesses god to be week,implys god cant just forgive. if god is real then he is the maker and allower of sin.

if jesus's team cant somehow unitify the christians, if the christians denomations work agenst each other, and there dogma conflicts with each other group, and each group seeks to gather up the lost souls of man, is not this a failure by god, because he allowes such dis-union? are the lost not savied because god will not ,or can not save them? you can not cry that god is allpowerfull and to week to stop this, or that man has free will, and that god saves whom god saves. if man is powerless in his path to god, and we have no way to really say that god has made any real effort to save us as an personaly, we are lost to the fear of religion, and are forced to conform to image of an image of a vain attempt to find peace in the absence of god. blind stummbling in the dark because god has put out our eyes, speacks of the sinister foundations of god. one that would allow lies,and halftruths, one who hides, one that harms the wounded, and starves the hungery, that sets round about his little ones wolfs, and snakes.

Cordoba

<< by god/religion proffessing that god has to kill jesus to forgive sin, proffesses god to be week,implys god cant just forgive >>

This simply is not the case.

God saved Jesus from that horrible death according to Islam, as mentioned in the Qur'an (God's last Divine Revelation to guide humanity)

He is a Forgiving God, and He forgives when a believer repents

rrosskopf

LDS High Priest
The idea that God is this all powerful being that controls us is not an LDS doctrine. He has power far beyond our own, but he gives men their agency and forces no one to follow him. He is not in the business of creating slaves, or worshippers for the sake of having worshippers, but seeks to exalt mankind through patient gentle persuasion. We are his children, and he loves us. He speaks to those who will seek him out, and occasionally sends prophets when no one is listening. People will always have their agency to accept what they will accept and reject what they will reject.

When he commanded us not to have any Gods before him, he was clearly refering to the idols of the pagans, although I agree it is inapropriate to pray to Jesus. Jesus himself taught us to pray to the father.

God is not the author of confusion, but he allows mankind to wallow in as much confusion as they desire. When people reject truth, the truth is taken from them. Part of the reason that we have come to earth, is to learn the consequences of our actions. We are free agents unto ourselves. Adam chose for himself, as did Eve before him. We too would have been taken in by Lucifer's artifice. It is better that we go through sorrow, that we might know the difference between right and wrong, virtue and sin. God allows us to be tempted, so that we might learn to choose the good. Lucifer also is a son of God, who rebeled against God and thus became the devil. Free agency allows men to become devils if they prefer.
God didn't kill his son, but he allowed his son to die; he allowed mankind to learn the consequences of their actions.

Like the chick that must work to escape the egg, it is our own responsibility to work out our own salvation. Seeking the truth makes us stronger. God sends missionaries both to this world and to the next, but he forces no one to follow him.

Man is not powerless - that is the whole point of God granting us our agency; that is, to empower us. We are corrupt, but we can be saved from corruption, through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is available to all of Adam's children. They have but to accept the gospel and repent of their sins, when it is presented to them.

There is light within each of us that we can choose to follow or ignore. Those that ignore the light within them, will become better at ignoring light, until they are completely blind. Those that are true to the light within them will grow in light and knowledge. Earth-life is the perfect trial wherein we can learn the difference between truth and error, light and darkness, virtue and sin. We have an opportunity to learn to associate our actions with our sorrows. This life is temporary for a reason - it allows us to practice and prepare for a more eternal existence. All men will be resurrected. All men will be judged. All men will be assigned their place in the eternal worlds according to their willingness to follow God's laws. The righteous will receive a greater reward than the wicked. They can be trusted with greater freedom.

Last edited:

sky cake

is not the most richteous of men, dung before god? what good could the good of man do for god?
to allow man to wallow in the foolishness of religion, that teaches hate, and septiration, shows gods lack of responceiblity. was jesus his own father? yes, does he as a man under the rules of men set by the jews declair his birth to be unholy? yes. does god say he adhors human sacrofice? yes but did not god offer his only son as a sacrofice? yes, so god does not have to play by the rules? no god does not have to go by any rules. then how do you know what he says is real or him just pulling your leg? you cant. religion is a lie.

Bloomdido

God sent himself down to Earth as his son Jesus to show us how to repent for our original sin committed by Eve after talking to the snake. Of course God knew everything that was going to happen but he still decided to go with the flow. Jesus got nailed to the cross and then went up to heaven on a big fluffy pillow. Since then things have been prety quiet but Jesus will be coming back soon as the 'god interface' for the modern world so that christians can say, "I told you so".

Of course this will mean that muslims are stuffed and there will be a big fall-out resulting in the explosion of a few nuclear warheads. Jesus will then be heading back up to heaven to see himself as his father again and the rest of the human race will be *edit*.

Last edited by a moderator:

sky cake

so you cant understand those misspelled word? maybe you should not reply! if you issues is only the spelling i am so sorry, but i will not let my spelling keep you from the truth, jesus is a lie. and a poorly told one at that. my misspelling never has taken poor peoples money to build big ol churches to worship a god that suposedly has all the money in the world, nor does it ex-comuinacates people in your own denomanation because they happen to question your churches dogma. you disreguard my arguments because of my spelling, ok you win. sniff, sniff, your jesus would not condem my spelling, if he were real he might offer up an counter argument, i guess you need to add to you sig line then they misspell, then you wright off there arguement, then you win"in your own mind" ~gandhi~ and you.

next time bring a argument, i can always look the words up, lets see if you can rebuttle, i wont count off for the spelling. * yawn , maby it you really want to rub it in you could just correct the spelling and pont each one out. lol cause thats what jesus would do.

thanks for playing. next!

rrosskopf

LDS High Priest
Making an accusation that you can't back up is hardly a useful reply. The Nephites reported seeing a man descend from heaven and hearing a voice proclaiming him to be the resurrected messiah, even Jesus of Nazareth. They were a continent away from Jerusalem. He taught them many of the same things he taught to the Jews in Jerusalem. The Book of Mormon is strong evidence that Jesus was in fact the messiah, and the son of God.

sky cake

@SkyCake,

What do you think of Jesus Nature? is he was the God or The Son of God?
i dont think that there is or ever was a "jesus" if god is real thats one thing but if god is real like you think he is real, jesus would not be needed to forgive sin. your god could just forgive sin. in your bible jesus never claimed to be god, as a jew (me, yes its true) the messiah was never to be a godling, or hybrid man/god person. paul is the father of modern christanty, not jesus. most people think that jesus started the catolic church, when the "church" was not untill 400 years latter.

sky cake

Making an accusation that you can't back up is hardly a useful reply. The Nephites reported seeing a man descend from heaven and hearing a voice proclaiming him to be the resurrected messiah, even Jesus of Nazareth. They were a continent away from Jerusalem. He taught them many of the same things he taught to the Jews in Jerusalem. The Book of Mormon is strong evidence that Jesus was in fact the messiah, and the son of God.

the ages are filled full of people that have seen holy men descending from heaven, do you belive them all? half of them? more than one? why? how are they wrong and you right?

look i know i cant change your mind;), we all hold on to the myths that we hold on to, for many reasons. but it does not make you right and all the other faiths wrong, in the end you are not any more wrong than them:yes:.

the book of morman is strong evidence, that the book of morman was written, and nothing elce. ok look, do you need the book of morman to be savied? if there was no book of morman could you come to the same conclusions you do about your god? eather you belive god, YHVH, jesus,the godhead. is a personal god, or that he is a public god. eather you belive you are savied through faith, or your savied through reason, but you cant be savied through both because faith is the absence of reason. :thud:

if your own actions cant get you into heaven, then your own actions cant keep you in hell. this is really not that hard people. and i dont need any mystical make belive golden tablets to translate that from. god loves you or he does not, and no amount of worship could change that, no holy book, no holy vestments, no thining your the chosen people, or that your the pople of the book, even if you have to make up an new book to call yoursefs the Nephites, or the jews to do it. to belive that you can take a step closer to god, is to really take a step back. god is not some geni in a golden tablet hoping to rub yourself to heaven. he is not some cross around your neck godly rabbit foot, and cutting off the end of your penis, and wearing a hat at all times, and following all the laws that the jews do, dont make you any better to god than the most offience person that ever lived.

i have said this before and i will say it again to belive that a god/religion/holy book is only understood through faith, and then offer proof is to invalidate eather the faith or the proof or both. if a god /religion/holy book needs you to fight its battles then it is a false book/religon/god. man is not go great that god should love us, nor were we made so great that god should take credit in making man.

if a man can be savied without a bible or the book of morman, than we do not need eather, in fact they do more harm than good.

ps. a strong rebuttle always starts with pointing out the misspelling in my post:yes: its best when you just point out the misspellings and dont respond the the infered meanings the words represent. :clap