• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is jesus his own father?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
And here i thought I'd heard every metaphor there was for why theists can't answer the big questions. OJ......wow. I'm marking this day in my calendar.
It's not our "job" to answer questions. Why do you keep trying to stuff us into that mold?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The reality is that the Doctrine of the Trinity is not provable from the Biblical text and is not supported by the Holy Spirit.
I disagree. That being said, Tradition is as authoritative as the Bible for Christians.

sky cake

Where on earth are you getting this nonsense from?

is it imposible for god to do it? no

the christians teach that jesus is god, or 1/3 god? yes

god created sin? made jesus? made jesus before sin? made jesus to redeem? yes

god made mary pregnate? jesus came out of mary? yes

then jesus through god impregnated his own mother. yes

the real point is that it does not matter, that it does not make sense, its all makebelive. and stupid.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
jesus did however father himself

'Only-begotten' Son does not suggest the Son is the Father.

Revelation 3:14 B Jesus says he is the beginning of the creation by God.
Colossians 1:15,16 mentions all things come through Jesus.

God could easily transfer Jesus heavenly existence as His 'first born' in the heavens- Col 1:15- and send Jesus to earth. With Jesus having a sinless Father then Jesus could be born on earth sinless and thus prove to be a worthy ransom sacrifice for mankind.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I disagree. That being said, Tradition is as authoritative as the Bible for Christians.

Speak for yourself. If the church followed the tradition of burning heretics at the stake I would be toast.

Jesus didn't agree that traditions should replace the word of God so why should you?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Mark wrote (7:7) that Jesus said that one's worship would be in vain teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:9. That is one reason Jesus condemned the religious leaders of his day and pronounced many 'woes' against them with his reasons why in the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

sky cake

it is also written to the jews that if any one comes and offers them other gods, gods that there fathers knew not they were to kill them, even if is was from there own house hold, jesus is a god that Moses did not know. the christian religion is everything opposite of the jewish belife system, even jesus was qoted as saying the law would not pass away, so if you bleive jesus then you have to belive the part were it says no new gods, and christians belive jesus is god.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
it is also written to the jews that if any one comes and offers them other gods, gods that there fathers knew not they were to kill them, even if is was from there own house hold, jesus is a god that Moses did not know. the christian religion is everything opposite of the jewish belife system, even jesus was qoted as saying the law would not pass away, so if you bleive jesus then you have to belive the part were it says no new gods, and christians belive jesus is god.

Jesus is the Son of God, (God to us in the flesh) but if you want to be confused further Jesus said "the Father and I are one, for if you have seen me you have seen the Father".........

I agree Moses did not know Jesus since He had not yet been born.....;)

Beaudreaux

Speak for yourself. If the church followed the tradition of burning heretics at the stake I would be toast.

Jesus didn't agree that traditions should replace the word of God so why should you?
The "Word of God" gets its authority from the Church, not the other way around. The Catholic Church looked over many books and writings and selected the ones that would be in the Bible. They basically said "we deem that these writings are the Word of God these writings are not." Church tradition was the basis for their authority.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus is the Son of God, (God to us in the flesh) but if you want to be confused further Jesus said "the Father and I are one, for if you have seen me you have seen the Father".........

I agree Moses did not know Jesus since He had not yet been born.....;)

Jesus was born on earth after Moses was born, but according to Colossians 1:15,16 Jesus was 'firstborn' in the heavens. All spirit creation and all physical creation came through God's firstborn in the heavens. The beginning of the creation by God- Rev 3:14 B. So Jesus had a pre-human existence in the heavens before Moses existed.

When Jesus prayed (John 17:11,21-23) that his followers be one as he and his Father are one Jesus was not praying they all be God. Rather Jesus and his Father are one in purpose, unity, goal, belief, etc, and by asking that his followers be one as they are one he was then asking the same for them.

John 14:28 the Father is greater than Jesus

Doesn't Exodus 33:20 say that No man can see God and live ?
Yet, people did see Jesus.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Matthew 5:18 pass from the law until all be fulfilled.

Where does the Bible say Jesus is God, or Jesus believed himself to be God?
At John 20:17 while on earth Jesus believed he had a God over him.
At Rev. 3:12 while in heaven Jesus still believes he has a God over him.

sky cake

You miss the point, the church, or at least the trinitarieans belive that god = jesus, and it that is so then jesus fathered himself,

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Isn't the point that the churches of Christendom or so-called Christianity developed after the first century ended, or first century Christianity ended?

Mankind religious family tree can be traced back to Mesopotamia and among the pagans there were trinities of gods. Even with Nimrod there was a triune god.

Does church tradition outside of Scripture prove that Scripture is wrong?
Surely Jesus would have known, by his words to John, that he [Jesus} was the beginning of the creation by God- Rev 3:14 B.