• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
We used to read the Bible in schools. The statue of liberty is holding the 10 commandments, we have a picture of Moses on our Supreme Court building.

Whether they agree or not doesn't matter because it's the truth.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God indivisible, for liberty and justice for all".

Children also used to get the cane in school, domestic violence was acceptable and inequality between the sexes was standard.

Sometimes looking to the way things used to be done isnt always the best option.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
We used to read the Bible in schools.

And don't anymore because doing so violates the first amendment, at least in a religious context (as a literature context, I say it should be okay). Besides, school as we know it didn't exist during America's formative years.

The statue of liberty is holding the 10 commandments,
We didn't build or commission it; it was a gift from the French.

we have a picture of Moses on our Supreme Court building.
And it should be removed... unless there's also pictures and statues of other mythological characters; then it'd be okay.

Whether they agree or not doesn't matter because it's the truth.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God indivisible, for liberty and justice for all".
The "under God" part was added during the Cold War.

Pagan_Patriot

So? Getting the cane isn't bad. I've gotten it growing up. I've never done drugs or joined a gang or anything like that. There's a difference between diacipline and abuse.

Domestic violence was no acceptable.

During these so called times of inequality, the country was doing better. Look at all the crime in our country, and we are getting more equal. Explain?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So? Getting the cane isn't bad. I've gotten it growing up. I've never done drugs or joined a gang or anything like that. There's a difference between diacipline and abuse.

Yes, and the cane is abuse. I never got it, and I've never done drugs or joined gangs.

But it was more prevalent.

During these so called times of inequality, the country was doing better. Look at all the crime in our country, and we are getting more equal. Explain?

Actually, overall crime has gone down.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

I classify it as abuse, given the psychological implications.

You need to look into history a bit I think.

Just because things may have been going better at a time when inequality was around does not mean that the two are directly related.

Pagan_Patriot

No. It should stay, because it's a Christian country. Just look at all the crime in the country. That's what happena whwn you take out God. And no ammount of equal rights movements, or politics, or money can ever stop that. Only beleif in God can.

If the above list did work, then we wouldn't be in this mess.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
No. It should stay, because it's a Christian country. Just look at all the crime in the country. That's what happena whwn you take out God. And no ammount of equal rights movements, or politics, or money can ever stop that. Only beleif in God can.

If the above list did work, then we wouldn't be in this mess.

There was a strictly christian community in some country I cant remember. It was built on christian law, the entire community was christian, yet crime still happened. So your logic flawed I am afraid.

Pagan_Patriot

Yes, and the cane is abuse. I never got it, and I've never done drugs or joined gangs.

But it was more prevalent.

Actually, overall crime has gone down.

The reason it's gone down is because of abortion, but ganga have gotten bigger in LA. And more of them. It's still unsafe to go out in some places.

Pagan_Patriot

There was a strictly christian community in some country I cant remember. It was built on christian law, the entire community was christian, yet crime still happened. So your logic flawed I am afraid.

That's where you're wrong. Someonw calling themself a Christian doean't mean they follow God and the commandments.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think that some of feminism's achievements should never have been brought about such as the legalization of abortion. However, I do think that one more thing they could achieve which would be good would be wage equality for women and men. Its a well known fact that a woman just as skilled as a man often makes less than a man. I think that is unjust.

Hi.......
You don't have 'employment equality' in Indiana? Iowa does! Maybe Indiana is a bit 'behind' with this legislation?

Do you mean, for instance, that female dentists earn less than males? Or did you have some specific skilled-jobs in mind which pay men more than women?

Pagan_Patriot

I classify it as abuse, given the psychological implications.

You need to look into history a bit I think.

Just because things may have been going better at a time when inequality was around does not mean that the two are directly related.

Well then explain to me why our society has degenerated so much.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
................. no ammount of equal rights movements, or politics, or money can ever stop that. Only beleif in God can...................

Hi........
Could you name a country that has approached 'goodness' through belief in God? An example would help immensely.....

It seems, that women used to trust men, more than each other. When a woman speaks of feminism, women are equally rivals to each other, as is obvious, and equally rivals to men. It appears, people have misunderstandings between family members, because of this social phenomenon, which might be apparent, or not. Can any man trust a woman, in public places, where he doesn't expect any favors, or the need for pleasant conversation? It seems, a man only trusts a woman, if she can do him a favor, or can exchange pleasant greetings or behavior. I don't like saying that I might find the situation lamentable, but I don't usually care for unnecessary interaction with other human/humans, where I need to find that human very important to me, because I am very disturbed, for any reason. It seems, we are obliged towards such an interaction with each other, intra-sex, and inter-sex.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
That's where you're wrong. Someonw calling themself a Christian doean't mean they follow God and the commandments.

Not talking about 1 person, a whole community. But you kinda just proved why a nation based on Christianity wouldn't work. Thanks

Alceste

Vagabond
I think I read somewhere that it also protects lgbt people some?

But I assume somehow it still protects heterosexual men right?

They werent excluded from it or were they?

I am honestly asking.

I'm sure I already told you many discussions ago.

The language of the act (the content, not the title) is completely gender neutral.

Will you remember this time? ;)

Pagan_Patriot

Oh I dunno, maybe our lifestyles? Our expectations? Technology? Government? I never claimed to have the answers

Well, I will rpovide the answer for you. It's God. What lifestyles? People suddenly wake up one day and decide to commit crimes? What expectations? We now just want to drop out of school and smoke weed all our lives? What technology? Technology makes someone lazy? It was made to improve our lives. And what government? The government tells kids to be illiterate and to join gangs?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Hi.......
You don't have 'employment equality' in Indiana? Iowa does! Maybe Indiana is a bit 'behind' with this legislation?

Do you mean, for instance, that female dentists earn less than males? Or did you have some specific skilled-jobs in mind which pay men more than women?

No, I beloved she is referring to the fact that women with the same same or higher qualifications tend to earn less than men for the same job duties. There are certainly other factors at play such as that men are more likely to negotiate salary than women, but that signifies a problem to me also, I have to ask why? And what can we do to change that so the wage gap decreases further. And the wage gap is throughout the u.s. Despite both state and federal employment laws.