• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Pagan_Patriot

Well no matter... Let's say for argument's sake that women had 10x higher murder and auocide rates than men. Would it still mean we should ignore the thousands of dead
Men a year?(could be in the tens of thousands by now. But I know it's a few thousand at least). Let's just have one big anti-violence capmpaigne and hit 2 birds with one stone so that no one is left out. Violence against men, women, gays, lesbians, etc. It's all still violence.

And @ what Me Myself said, agreed. We have a nlack president... Ok, we proved we're not a racist country. Is voting for a woman preaidwnt reallt what we need to prove we're not mysoginistic?

And about Julia Gillard, idk her policies but I find her attractive :p. If a small minority of the population wants to poke fun, so what? I've heard some of the worst stuff about Bush #2, and he's a white male(not very young either. Ull always have people who criticise. No one is free from criticism.

It's like Adam Carolla says about racism. "Of course there's racism. There's everything. There's tuberculosis and smallpox, but it doesn't men it's a plague and everyone aroundyou is infected".

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Well no matter... Let's say for argument's sake that women had 10x higher murder and auocide rates than men. Would it still mean we should ignore the thousands of dead
Men a year?(could be in the tens of thousands by now. But I know it's a few thousand at least). Let's just have one big anti-violence capmpaigne and hit 2 birds with one stone so that no one is left out. Violence against men, women, gays, lesbians, etc. It's all still violence.

And @ what Me Myself said, agreed. We have a nlack president... Ok, we proved we're not a racist country. Is voting for a woman preaidwnt reallt what we need to prove we're not mysoginistic?

And about Julia Gillard, idk her policies but I find her attractive :p. If a small minority of the population wants to poke fun, so what? I've heard some of the worst stuff about Bush #2, and he's a white male(not very young either. Ull always have people who criticise. No one is free from criticism.

It's like Adam Carolla says about racism. "Of course there's racism. There's everything. There's tuberculosis and smallpox, but it doesn't men it's a plague and everyone aroundyou is infected".

Who is saying men should be ignored? Its great having generic campaigns but sometimes you just gotta side step and tackle specific issues.

The comments coming about julia has nothing to do with her job and all about her being a woman, sexual comments, gender insults, etc. No necesary. I dont recall people making comments about Kevin Rudd and his male attributes.

Me Myself

Back to my username

I am sure you have racism and sexism. Sexism towards both genders BTW.

Pagan_Patriot

Who is saying men should be ignored? Its great having generic campaigns but sometimes you just gotta side step and tackle specific issues.

The comments coming about julia has nothing to do with her job and all about her being a woman, sexual comments, gender insults, etc. No necesary. I dont recall people making comments about Kevin Rudd and his male attributes.

Lol. Well she's an attractive lady. I'm sure some sickos did say some comments to her that have to do with her physixal features. But what can you really say about a guy? I guess some girls can say, "he's so hot. Id do him". Idk lol. But personally, I see men being more vocal about that stuff. What have people said her about her!? Just wondering.

Pagan_Patriot

Hahaha :p.

Pretty sure it's just for women. Us men can still get the daylights knocked out of us, but that's why God invented bara fpr ;p. So we can beat each other senseless.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Anyone who sees how gamer culture treats women will understand quickly why feminism is still needed.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Hahaha :p.

Pretty sure it's just for women. Us men can still get the daylights knocked out of us, but that's why God invented bara fpr ;p. So we can beat each other senseless.

I think I read somewhere that it also protects lgbt people some?

But I assume somehow it still protects heterosexual men right?

They werent excluded from it or were they?

I am honestly asking.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Ya but what can we do? I agree that games like that are bad, but what can I do? Try to get those companies shut down?

The reasonable thing to do is to make different games? :shrug:

You cant do much if you are not a game designer :D

I do wonder how many game designers are women.

Pagan_Patriot

Eh... I used to listen to a lpt of rap, but I just did my own personal boycott for the very reason that it degrades women(and other things). I also don't buy games that are like that. Though I did wanna get Lolipop Chainsaw haha. But I didn't...

I just don't get involved. I disagree with what they do, but I love liberty too, so I don't try to stop them from selling.

Me Myself

Back to my username
What on Earth is wrong with lolypop? o_O

Its a cheerleader killing zombies, its perfect, whats your problem with lolypop?! D:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Ya but what can we do? I agree that games like that are bad, but what can I do? Try to get those companies shut down?

Get them to knock it off, for one thing. Trust me: we're working on it.

But I'm not just talking about their depiction of women. I'm also talking about the way girls are treated by other male gamers. Sexual hostility and harassment is a major problem in this subculture.