• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is feminism still needed in the U.S.

Alceste

Vagabond
Nobody, male or female, dresses like this either.

superhero_1.jpg

Difference being that this dude isn't almost completely naked, regardless of how tight his gear is.

Alceste

Vagabond
that's not the point. The point is the focus when it comes to those costumes. When it comes to men the focus is on strength, which makes sense for a hero or fighter. When it comes to women the focus is on sex appeal, which does NOT make sense for a hero or fighter. I'm not asking for realistic, I'm asking for equal treatment. If we get to have muscular male heroes why can't we have muscular female heroes? or at the very least female heroes whose designs are not based on sex appeal first.

You honestly don't see anything wrong or at least questionable with this disparity?

And besides you can have costumes that are cool and still practical, green lantern and the flash are perfect examples.

Tremble before the enormous fighting power of my giant tit muscles!

Alceste

Vagabond
Comic books are a fantasy outlet. Women want to see women they wish they could look like, and the same goes for men. And they each want a sexy version of the opposite sex they can fantasize about. I don't think many men fantasize about women that look like the Hulk

Women are dressed silly because most of the artists are men, IMO.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Women are dressed silly because most of the artists are men, IMO.

I think if women were the majority of comic book artists the costumes wouldn't be any different. Women know what makes money just as well as men do. I don't think a woman that runs a business will put her feminist principles over a boatload of profit.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think if women were the majority of comic book artists the costumes wouldn't be any different. Women know what makes money just as well as men do. I don't think a woman that runs a business will put her feminist principles over a boatload of profit.

I still would honestly love a comic to be having the mock characters and covers you displayed there with the men and to ALSO be selling.

In all honesty I would love to see that.

Extremely surprised IF I saw that by the way :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
To be fair, the majority of players of that game (along with the posters in that thread) are most likely G.I.R.L.S. :yes:

That is an assumption :p

Edit: actually a friend of mine wanted to play that game and lold about the thread when I talked about it to her. She said if she played, no one should ***** about her fishnets.

It is how it is :D

Post from the thread:

"Ransom you have some awesome sigs! I wish I was as skilled to make one for my toons!

All sexual BS aside. I just want to be able to make cute outfits for my toon. I love this game. I have played CoH/CoV and CO and this game blows both of them out of the water in terms of story, gameplay, and everything else except that dang female costume options. I dont even want to limit it to females. If there are guys out there that want to put pantyhose on their toons more power to them. Tjis is just a simple option that us girls want...and more shoes "

Me Myself

Back to my username
actually one of the awesome ings about that game, is that you can "wear" an armor but have your char look as if s/he was wearing something else.

That way, your superhero looks the way you want hir to look, but you still get to use whatever cool stuff you found.

They understood how important are looks for the superhero gimmick.

They understood.

Aquitaine

That is an assumption :p

Edit: actually a friend of mine wanted to play that game and lold about the thread when I talked about it to her. She said if she played, no one should ***** about her fishnets.

It is how it is :D

Post from the thread:

"Ransom you have some awesome sigs! I wish I was as skilled to make one for my toons!

All sexual BS aside. I just want to be able to make cute outfits for my toon. I love this game. I have played CoH/CoV and CO and this game blows both of them out of the water in terms of story, gameplay, and everything else except that dang female costume options. I dont even want to limit it to females. If there are guys out there that want to put pantyhose on their toons more power to them. Tjis is just a simple option that us girls want...and more shoes "

Well it's an MMO, and we know what that stands for! :p

If there were women in that thread, I can almost guarantee you they were the minority.

ZooGirl02

Personally I think that feminism is needed now more than ever before especially with the vicious attacks on reproductive rights.