• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is critiquing the gay community the new antisemitic behavior?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The reason I titled this is because there appears to be. a rushed to judgment in categorizing someone as "homophobic" or "anti-semitic." I use the concept of anti-semitism because due to what I read from blogs from Jewish websites, articles, and plain ole' conversation, there appears to be a rush to judgment on an individual(s) critique on Israel and that being labeled as anti-semitic. Similarly, if someone does not believe in homosexuality somehow they are labeled as having an irrational fear thus bring called "homophobic." For example back in 2008-2009 in west hollywood an owner of a popular resturant which gay patrons attended frequently apparently supported the initiative of not allowing gays to marry. Some how gay patrons caught wind of it and protested outside. Some threw objects at the building hitting patrons inside (I assume people were on an outside patio). This resulted in a loss of business from gay customers. Now, whatever this owner did was his/her personal business but I sense that if one does not agree with accepting homosexuality they are labeled homophobic. Similarly if someone criticize Israel they are somehow anti-semitic.

Now from personal beliefs do I agree with homosexual lifestyle? Not entirely. The reason why is because of personal experiences. I used to be hit on by gay men and transsexuals and apparently there is this idea that all straight men are inhetently gay and its not gay if 1) You don't tell anyone and 2) If the transsexual considers himself a female its not being gay or having gay tendencies. Now does me criticizing this as a problem in the gay community label me as a homophobe? Personally I don't think so but many straight guys go through this so my thing is there should be a dialogue and some form of understanding between the communities as to what is considered hateful or constructive criticism.

There's nothing constructive about making irrational, unsubstantiated assertions about any group of people, nor about attempting to deny them freedoms, rights and equality when there exists no logical justification to do so.

Last edited:

otokage007

Sure, I would expect many places to deny us because they either can't accommodate our needs - kosher meals, separating women from men, etc... or because they don't agree with out practices.

So you are ok with someone discriminating you. Weird, but interesting.

What does marijuana do to you that is so dangerous?

Marijuana can cause hallucinations in susceptible individuals. An overdose of marijuana causes nausea, severe decreases in blood pressure and could even be a cause of cardiac arrest.

The recreational component of marijuana called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a potent neuronal apoptotic (to put it simple, it kills neurons).

Marijuana can endanger citizens because slows nerve impulse transmission causing a small decrease in the speed of reaction, which can be determinant of a traffic accident.

Some effects consumers have reported, are:

Headache, Tremor, Decreased coordination, Increased heart rate, Altered pulmonary status, Fever, Reduced muscle strength, Decreased cerebral blood flow, Increased food consumption, Anxiety and panic, Paranoia, Confusion, Aggressiveness, Hallucinations, Sedation, Altered libido, Possible suicidal ideation, Depersonalization, Derealization, Poor sense of time, Worsened short-term memory, Addictive behaviors, Amotivational syndrome.

HowStuffWorks "Introduction to How Marijuana Works"
Cannabis smoking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Effects of cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cannabis and psychiatric disorders: it is not only addiction - Leweke - 2008 - Addiction Biology - Wiley Online Library

Ok, your turn I guess. Please look for the health issues of being gay.

I don't like wearing my seat belt, I don't like being denied my marijuana, i don't like living...etc... The list goes on and on. What is harmful about those actions?

1) Not wearing your seabelt is dangerous and harmful to yourself. Plus if you don’t wear seabelt you endanger the life of those that are in the car with you. I don’t want to make a macabre example of why.

2) I already explained why marihuana is also harmful.

3) You don’t like living? Well, do you know that if u commit suicide, someone has to take care of your body and clean the mess u have made? Those will be A) your family members, or B) State, and the state's money is the money of all citizens, so you are harming millions of people by commiting suicide.

jasonwill2

If the criticism is done in a constructive manner for constructive results, I'm for it. If it's done out of mere hate, I think it's wrong.
Rather or not it's the new antisemitic behavior...? I suppose it could be considered that to some.

But the "gay community" isn't a coherent group of people practicing a "lifestyle", most homosexuals are just like everyone else. You can't "pray the gay away" anymore than you can "pray the straight away", its an insanely heavy genetic component to it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
this happens with a lot of things, not only "homophobic" and "antisemitic" but also "sexist" and "racist"

Nothing new or special about it, same ol same ol simplistic enthusiastic sensationalistic superficial human judgement to stuff they are to lazy to think about.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I get really upset when I see, hear, or think about some of the things fellow humans do to each other.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
The reason I titled this is because there appears to be. a rushed to judgment in categorizing someone as "homophobic" or "anti-semitic." I use the concept of anti-semitism because due to what I read from blogs from Jewish websites, articles, and plain ole' conversation, there appears to be a rush to judgment on an individual(s) critique on Israel and that being labeled as anti-semitic. Similarly, if someone does not believe in homosexuality somehow they are labeled as having an irrational fear thus bring called "homophobic." For example back in 2008-2009 in west hollywood an owner of a popular resturant which gay patrons attended frequently apparently supported the initiative of not allowing gays to marry. Some how gay patrons caught wind of it and protested outside. Some threw objects at the building hitting patrons inside (I assume people were on an outside patio). This resulted in a loss of business from gay customers. Now, whatever this owner did was his/her personal business but I sense that if one does not agree with accepting homosexuality they are labeled homophobic. Similarly if someone criticize Israel they are somehow anti-semitic.

Now from personal beliefs do I agree with homosexual lifestyle? Not entirely. The reason why is because of personal experiences. I used to be hit on by gay men and transsexuals and apparently there is this idea that all straight men are inhetently gay and its not gay if 1) You don't tell anyone and 2) If the transsexual considers himself a female its not being gay or having gay tendencies. Now does me criticizing this as a problem in the gay community label me as a homophobe? Personally I don't think so but many straight guys go through this so my thing is there should be a dialogue and some form of understanding between the communities as to what is considered hateful or constructive criticism.

Im answer to your premised question, the answer is "Mo".

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
MOD POST

Comparisons of legal human behavior to illegal acts will not be tolerated.
Keep all posts civil and on topic or this thread will be closed and infractions will be issued.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If someone's dogma morally ranks homosexuality with crimes, then they should express this.
It becomes an opportunity to advocate that public policy be pro gay (& other) rights.
Opinions can change, & this is how it happens. It can be done with civility.

Alceste

Vagabond
If someone's dogma morally ranks homosexuality with crimes, then they should express this.
It becomes an opportunity to advocate that public policy be pro gay (& other) rights.
. I think it's good to have consistent moderation. If you want to accept the "gay people = scum " comments, then you would have to allow all the " black people = scum " comments. Then you might as well be Stormfront.

I also think talking to actual gay people is more likely to change minds than letting homophobes freely spew hate speech that is likely to make gay people feel unwelcome.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

You mean allowing the expression to be a testimony to the greater public of what is the definition of intolerance?

I guess it's like letting KKK rallies and parades have government protection, all the while outsiders being reminded of what hate and intolerance looks like up close.

Or maybe I'm not following you. There's already a lot of that going on with the likes of Fred Phelps and the responses they get from the public-at-large.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You mean allowing the expression to be a testimony to the greater public of what is the definition of intolerance?
I guess it's like letting KKK rallies and parades have government protection, all the while outsiders being reminded of what hate and intolerance looks like up close.
Or maybe I'm not following you. There's already a lot of that going on with the likes of Fred Phelps and the responses they get from the public-at-large.
I'm thinking more of discussions in forums, rather than public displays which are more adversarial.
Allowing discussion & the proffering of bad ideas is a chance to convert the wicked.....so to speak.

Alceste

Vagabond
I'm thinking more of discussions in forums, rather than public displays which are more adversarial.
Allowing discussion & the proffering of bad ideas is a chance to convert the wicked.....so to speak.

Meh. I honestly don't think anybody who argues that homosexuals are in the same category as murderers and pedophiles is open to being converted by reason. What they need is to come to terms with their own repressed homosexuality, and they're not going to do it here. They should be out in anonymous airport restrooms venting their frustrations about homosexuality in a more psychologically healthy way.

Whereas, people who are undecided on the subject of gay marriage, but who have perhaps been excessively influenced by repressed, self-hating homosexuals, are more likely to come to a reasonable and fair conclusion on the subject if they are given the opportunity to talk to actual gay people. If we let the self-hating repressed homosexuals scare off all the normal homosexuals with their hate speech, there won't be any real gay people here for the "undecided" crowd to talk to. And that would be a terrible tragedy! :yes:

Food for thought.