• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis the Answer?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Except when it is both...

Perhaps it is more correct to say that it is a herb with great medicinal properties. There are many such herbs, but this one addresses so many illnesses, readily accepted by the body with no damaging side-effects....it can be termed a wonder medicine. It should never have been made illegal when so many other "legal" drugs (alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs) are freely available and known to kill people every day. Cannabis has never killed anyone.

In the videos (1-3) with Larry Smith,
....his wife says that he was on 20 different medications costing about $3,000 to fill at the pharmacy. Medicinal cannabis could replace all those drugs and be grown for free in her own garden.....
now do we see the reason why we can't all legally access cannabis?
money1.gif

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Cannabis resin is "processed" by extracting the medicinal components by soaking the flower buds in alcohol. The alcohol is then evaporated over low heat, leaving no residue, but only the concentrated form of the medicine. Cannabis oil can be made by infusion in olive oil. The leaves can be made into juice or put in salads. We are talking about medicine here....why do you want it to sound sinister, when it is anything but? It is the ban on cannabis and the reason for it, that is sinister.

The world is waking up to the corruption that has taken place for years, keeping people in ignorance and feeding them false information about the efficacy of this plant. Hemp could have saved our planet from choking on plastic and carbon pollution. Human greed and the misuse of science has led us to our current situation... do you see humans in a hurry to switch to bio-fuels? Or do you see the big oil companies perpetuating the present situation until the last drop of oil has been extracted from the earth?

Do you see power companies in a hurry to stop polluting the earth? What about nuclear power? How many Chernobyl or Fukushima type disasters have to happen before we ask why these power plants exist in the first place......and why so many of them are placed on earthquake faults lines? Humans produce monsters that they cannot destroy. They create monstrous lies to feed their own greed. God said he would lift the lid to expose the rot...and he is. Who is taking notice?
Somebody in this thread seemed to be under the impression that CBD oil is not processed.

CBD oil is processed. As are prescription medications that are also derived from plant materials. That was my entire point.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Somebody in this thread seemed to be under the impression that CBD oil is not processed.

CBD oil is processed. As are prescription medications that are also derived from plant materials. That was my entire point.

Ah, but there is "processed" and there is "processed". Pharmaceutical companies alter the plant material genetically so that they can patent something that they themselves created. You can't patent a natural plant or seed unless you alter it into something new. (Google Monsanto)

What is the purpose of synthesizing or genetically altering a plant based medicine? The patent allows them to own it, and then manufacture it, charging as much money as they like for the end product, which is now altered in its efficacy as well. It also prevents anyone else from copying their patented product. But because it is altered, it loses its beneficial health effects and now creates horrible side effects.....all carefully planned to sell more drugs to address those issues. That = customers for life.
money1.gif

CBD oil is not altered in any way. The full benefit of the medicinal properties is enhanced by putting it in an oil base. The leaves can be juiced raw or used in salads or cooking for their health benefits. Its all fully documented.

I take it you like to argue for the sake of it?
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hemp products could have filled the world with biodegradable materials from rope to plastic to fabric to paper to packaging to fuel.....and just about anything else you can think of, but big corporations forced it to be banned so that they could peddle their own products, none of which were compatible with life on this planet. Today, we are drowning in pollution, chocking the earth and everyone on it. Do you see
This is why people need to get over the recreational aspect and, first foremost realize hemp has zero recreational use, and also that hemp would be a "miracle crop" for the economy because it's so easy to grow and can be used for so many different things. Really, I feel confident in saying that you can't rightfully say you care about the well being of the Earth if you do not give full support to industrial hemp. If the world allowed it, not a single more tree need be cut down for paper, we'd have clothing material that can be grown in nearly any climate on both hemispheres that can aslo double as a food source (killing two birds with one stone for many nations), and it would deal a firm hard football punt kick to the nuts of "big oil" with biofuels and biodegradable plastics that aren't derived from petroleum.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Cannabis resin is produced by extracting all the medicinal properties of the plant and concentrating it so that very little is required to promote healing and well being.
That's another wonderful thing about cannabis and that is for medical use you don't even have to smoke it. You can extract the THC and CBD into a number of common household things without chemicals, from butter, to milk, teas, or olive oil - basically anything with suitable fats for the cannabonoids to bond to. It's really to the point that I do believe once pot use is more normalized the idea of "smoking pot" may not be around too much longer. There are so many viable alternatives for cannabis consumption that convenience and tradition are probably the only reasons we even still smoke it today.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
To me, anything that gets you high as a kite is a potentially horrendous side effect, I'd much rather take a chemical drug that treats my condition AND DOESN'T GET ME HIGH, Getting you high is a MAJOR side effect, so don't try BSing me with nonsense about pot not having any side effects.
When I was in the hospital last, I was high as a kite on morphine, given to me by the doctors. I suppose we should ban that too right?
News flash, every single medication in history has side effects. That's just biology and chemistry. I mean geez, I'm not even allowed to sell people a certain amount of panadol in one hit. Because people get high from it and kill themselves. Everything we have medication wise can get you high. (For Americans, panadol is merely common over the counter asprin.)
If we can regularly use opiates, steroids and even cocaine in medication, I fail to see why we can't at least try messing around with marijuana for medicinal purposes. If only for scientific curiosity. If it works then great, if not, then try something else. But if getting high and even horrible side effects was the reason for not using a certain plant/drug for medicinal use, we'd have no medication to begin with. Geez, the potential side effects of a new American medical drug alone is staggering.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
A young girl with Juvenile Huntington's Disease tries medicinal Cannabis oil....JHD is one of the worst diseases to affect young people. It robs them of all their abilities until they are completely bed-ridden, with only suffering and death in front of them. This medicine can give them back some quality of life....can the authorities tell us why we still can't have access to it? o_O

Op-Ed: Cannabis oil and Huntington’s Disease: Yes, it works (Includes interview)

VioletVortex

Better question. Who's promoting it to us? The government bans drugs so that the rebellious waste their time poisoning themselves, instead of actually taking any kind of action. They push drugs into the realm of "counterculture" so that people will rebel and use them instead of channeling their feelings into anything productive.

Weed may be an entirely different situation, given that it is virtually harmless. Sure, it's a slight irritant, and it's a distraction, but it does have proven medical benefits. I'm not inclined to trust people, but I do believe that it possesses certain medical benifits. If marijuana helps sufferers of Alzheimer's Disease, there's nothing wrong with them using it. Also, recreationally speaking, though it's a waste of time, I don't have a problem with someone using it responsibly and occasionally.

My concern with the whole medical marijuana thing is that people will continue to push the boundaries of what is and is not medicine. Eventually, we will be medicalizing actual poisonous drugs. I think the limit should be drawn at derivatives. Processed derivatives like opiates should be prescription only, and straight plants like marijuana should be completely legal for all of the adult population. The exception being tobacco, in which case tobacco companies should be required to use pictures of cancerous lungs to "promote" their products.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My concern with the whole medical marijuana thing is that people will continue to push the boundaries of what is and is not medicine. Eventually, we will be medicalizing actual poisonous drugs.

We see that already. The very fact that drugs have side effects that can sometimes be worse that the condition they are designed to treat, helps us to understand that the body is rebelling over a substance that has been introduced that was never designed to be ingested. Drugs are by their very nature "poisonous" if taken in the wrong quantity. They are not designed to kill you outright, but they are not designed to make you well either. Ill health is a huge industry and anything that will upset that apple cart is going to be contested vigorously.

I think the limit should be drawn at derivatives. Processed derivatives like opiates should be prescription only, and straight plants like marijuana should be completely legal for all of the adult population.

My biggest concern is that big pharma will "pharmaceuticalize" cannabis by making a synthetic that can mimic the real thing in a small way but nothing like the whole plant. They want control and all the profits.
I agree that that the plant should be free for all. As freely available as alcohol, seeing as how alcohol causes more problems than cannabis ever could.....and it is legal.

The exception being tobacco, in which case tobacco companies should be required to use pictures of cancerous lungs to "promote" their products.

Australia already has this 'aversion' therapy on their packaging......I can only say how pathetic it is to see adults handing over copious amounts of money for a product that the medical profession knows is killing so many people in horrible ways every year, yet medicinal cannabis, despite all the video evidence of its benefits, continues to be illegal and out of reach for the majority. We know its good for kids with epilepsy, autism and ADHD.....Parkinson's Disease, Huntington's Disease and other neurological disorders, fibromyalgia and other chronic pain disorders....even the final stages of cancer.
Governments get dictated to by those with large wallets. They should be ashamed for allowing this suffering to go on.
gaah.gif

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This is another cause of shame....

If hemp was allowed to replace all the artificial rubbish that is choking the world, then the heartbreaking scenes in this video could be avoided.

Instead of plantation forests for paper, hemp plantations could provide paper shopping bags which would replace all the plastic ones. Hemp ropes and fabrics naturally break down in the environment with no pollution.

Instead of plastic made from non-biodegradable materials, we could have plastic made from hemp that would actually feed the creatures in the oceans rather than killing them. This is a travesty and a very preventable one.

It demonstrates how much greed has cause humanity to lose sight of the more important things.....like life and a world fit for all living things to enjoy.
putertired.gif

Ekleipsis

It's the easiest way to obtain phyto-cannabinoids, currently

It's not like there aren't other plants that produce the same cannabinoids that are found in cannabis though

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I found the first three pages very informative, but I could not read all responses. It was an interesting read. Good arguments against marijuana legalization. Some arguments for legalization. Still do not think complete illegalization is practical, just like complete illegalization of alcohol is impractical. Its because anybody can grow it, just like anybody can produce alcohol. There are benefits, and there are also serious consequences for the weak-minded or those who are vulnerable.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I found the first three pages very informative, but I could not read all responses. It was an interesting read. Good arguments against marijuana legalization. Some arguments for legalization. Still do not think complete illegalization is practical, just like complete illegalization of alcohol is impractical. Its because anybody can grow it, just like anybody can produce alcohol. There are benefits, and there are also serious consequences for the weak-minded or those who are vulnerable.

The misinformation and outright lies being circulated about medicinal cannabis have to be exposed. It is helping so many people who are suffering needlessly...especially children with intractable epilepsy. But big pharma drugs bring in big money and they don't want anything to limit their profit margin. That is the disgusting truth.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2004/07/15/the-truth-about-the-drug-companies/

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The misinformation and outright lies being circulated about medicinal cannabis have to be exposed. It is helping so many people who are suffering needlessly...especially children with intractable epilepsy. But big pharma drugs bring in big money and they don't want anything to limit their profit margin. That is the disgusting truth.
We recently witnessed a huge thing on TV where the executives of Epipen starting doubling prices and were called in to a hearing before congress over the matter. Obviously greed is causing all kinds of issues with at least one drug company. Obviously there is conflict within companies between those who want to be reasonable and those who want to maximize profit.

I think our legal approach is not good enough, and our constitution has detected this (allegorically) and is searching for an improved way to go forward. Its how the legal system is hoped to work, slowly improving, sometimes getting worse but gradually getting better overall. As usual progress comes through the 'Blood of the martyrs', those who fight against inequities and problems in the system. As long as society continues to produce such people things can keep improving.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
We recently witnessed a huge thing on TV where the executives of Epipen starting doubling prices and were called in to a hearing before congress over the matter. Obviously greed is causing all kinds of issues with at least one drug company. Obviously there is conflict within companies between those who want to be reasonable and those who want to maximize profit.

I think our legal approach is not good enough, and our constitution has detected this (allegorically) and is searching for an improved way to go forward. Its how the legal system is hoped to work, slowly improving, sometimes getting worse but gradually getting better overall. As usual progress comes through the 'Blood of the martyrs', those who fight against inequities and problems in the system. As long as society continues to produce such people things can keep improving.

Most people have no idea how corrupt the system really is....and always has been.