• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis the Answer?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This video actually talks about Portugal, about Colombia and about the US state Colorado. Apparently decriminalization helped Portugal.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What difference does it make if marijuana is psychologically addictive or physically addictive, the point is it is highly addictive, whether you like it or not, and if you disagree with me, chances are you may be addicted to it, I suggest you try two weeks without pot, and then get back to me about how you felt no withdrawal symptoms when you quit for two weeks, sorry but that's not going to happen.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Now it all makes sense.....what really was behind the prohibition of the world's most useful plant?

Image_The_Devil_s_Weed.jpg

William Randolph Hearst to the Devastating Marijuana Prohibition

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What difference does it make if marijuana is psychologically addictive or physically addictive, the point is it is highly addictive, whether you like it or not, and if you disagree with me, chances are you may be addicted to it, I suggest you try two weeks without pot, and then get back to me about how you felt no withdrawal symptoms when you quit for two weeks, sorry but that's not going to happen.

If marijuana is categorized as psychologically addictive, why the hell would it give a person withdrawals, which are usually only found in something that is physically addictive?

If cold hard scientific data shows the potential for a substance (or part of the substance) to be beneficial in treating medical ailments, then something being "addictive" is usually only relevant when specifically treating a specific person. Otherwise we wouldn't routinely use opiate based pain medications. Or really any medication you could possibly think of.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you agree that marijuana is addictive??
Addiction is somewhat rare, but of course it can be addictive, given the right combination of environmental stimuli, genetic predispositions, mental illness, etc. Anything can be addictive.

Heroin and cocaine have much, much more potential for addiction than marijuana does.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I have gone over forty years without partaking with absolutely no ill effects. To put it in perspective I was 19 when Woodstock happened, so there are a couple of years from that time period that are still a little hazy in my mind.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

And still it goes on. When are people going to wake up to what the orthodox medical system is up to with patients in Australia and other places where cannabis is still virtually illegal? Cannabis is supposed to be legal here now...but doctors are hesitant to prescribe it or to go through the difficult process of current red tape.

Why should a parent be arrested and charged for making a harmless medicine that is shown to be effective for his two daughters with Crohn's Disease? The orthodox medical route had been exhausted with no results.....he knew from his own research that cannabis could help...and it did. He was just juicing the leaves. There was no one getting 'high'. :facepalm:

Pain meds are the number 1 best seller for drug companies and treatments for all manner of illnesses require doctors to use their multiple drug therapy approach as a first response......side effects can be worse than the treatment...but so many ailments can be treated successfully with various forms of medicinal cannabis. There are no reported side effects. It should be the first port of call, not the last resort after jumping through so many ridiculous hoops....waiting months to even get approval.

When are doctors, who are educated in institutions funded by drug companies going to wake up? :shrug:
This is the 21st century and 20th century medicine is still being practiced. Many doctors are not keeping up with the kinds of illnesses that people are presenting with today....such as auto-immune diseases, now so prevalent.

Cancer still robs people of their lives when cannabis has been shown to cure some cancers? And without the horrendous effects of chemo drugs. Why can't patients at least have the right to try these alternative therapies when everything else has failed, without waiting for governments and doctors to get their act together?
It is ridiculous!
gaah.gif

David1967

Premium Member

And still it goes on. When are people going to wake up to what the orthodox medical system is up to with patients in Australia and other places where cannabis is still virtually illegal? Cannabis is supposed to be legal here now...but doctors are hesitant to prescribe it or to go through the difficult process of current red tape.

Why should a parent be arrested and charged for making a harmless medicine that is shown to be effective for his two daughters with Crohn's Disease? The orthodox medical route had been exhausted with no results.....he knew from his own research that cannabis could help...and it did. He was just juicing the leaves. There was no one getting 'high'. :facepalm:

Pain meds are the number 1 best seller for drug companies and treatments for all manner of illnesses require doctors to use their multiple drug therapy approach as a first response......side effects can be worse than the treatment...but so many ailments can be treated successfully with various forms of medicinal cannabis. There are no reported side effects. It should be the first port of call, not the last resort after jumping through so many ridiculous hoops....waiting months to even get approval.

When are doctors, who are educated in institutions funded by drug companies going to wake up? :shrug:
This is the 21st century and 20th century medicine is still being practiced. Many doctors are not keeping up with the kinds of illnesses that people are presenting with today....such as auto-immune diseases, now so prevalent.

Cancer still robs people of their lives when cannabis has been shown to cure some cancers? And without the horrendous effects of chemo drugs. Why can't patients at least have the right to try these alternative therapies when everything else has failed, without waiting for governments and doctors to get their act together?
It is ridiculous!
gaah.gif

This June medical marijuana goes to a vote of the people in Oklahoma. I hope we can pass it. I have friends that have to take their young daughter all the way to Colorado to be treated for her seizures with cannabis. It's the only thing that works.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This June medical marijuana goes to a vote of the people in Oklahoma. I hope we can pass it. I have friends that have to take their young daughter all the way to Colorado to be treated for her seizures with cannabis. It's the only thing that works.

It is unconscionable that this medicine has been proven time and again to help so many people (especially kids with intractable epilepsy) and no one has suffered any ill effects from it....yet they will peddle their poison like its candy and keep the real medicine that is harmless, out of reach.
gaah.gif
We all know that pressure is put on politicians by big pharma, but what is the deal with states of the same union having different laws? Its like you have 52 separate countries...some more beholding to the drug companies than others. Australia has the same problem except we don't have that many states.

If people were dropping like flies and the medicine didn't work for so many different illnesses, I could understand their reticence...but these people are living proof...they are the drug trial results...what more do they need? :shrug:

The Bible says that the devil rules this world...not hard to see is it? (1 John 5:19)
sigh.gif
Such wickedness!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
been without for thirty years
no problem