• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis the Answer?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
There has been much debate in recent times concerning the use of medicinal cannabis.

The following videos show what happens when a woman with Alzheimers Disease takes this medicine....

A Parkinson's Disease patient....

A child with Epilepsy

A Little boy with a Brain tumor......Cancer

The professionals tell us what they think.

Is the evidence telling the story? How can this plant still be illegal?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It can be helpful in some ways, but not in all ways, abusing it is not helpful at all, and most who abuse it are the very ones who seem to support it, only because it serves their needs.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
It can be helpful in some ways, but not in all ways, abusing it is not helpful at all, and most who abuse it are the very ones who seem to support it, only because it serves their needs.

We aren't talking about recreational use of high THC cannabis, but high CBD, low THC medical marijuana.
No high's with this one if you watch the videos you will see why.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Sacred Herb healed my friend's Stage 4 Bowel Cancer ! It is indeed a wonderful healing herb, and if some folk choose to smoke it that is their choice.
Yes some herbs can be useful, but because its a herb doesn't mean it is always useful, there are many herbs that will kill you, such as foxglove.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Still it needed to be said.

No one is disputing that habitual recreational pot smokers have done themselves some damage with too much of a good thing, but this is a completely different topic. Its the medical use of different strains of the plant that are sweeping the world.

Ignorance is what is keeping this medicine away from those who can benefit from it. Lumping the recreational plant in with the medicinal variety is how they can stop people from gaining the benefits for so many illnesses. The stalling tactics are just ridiculous. Those with a vested interest in continuing to profit from ill health have a strong voice. Let's just hope that the voice of reason and compassion is stronger.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No one is disputing that habitual recreational pot smokers have done themselves some damage with too much of a good thing, but this is a completely different topic. Its the medical use of different strains of the plant that are sweeping the world.

Ignorance is what is keeping this medicine away from those who can benefit from it. Lumping the recreational plant in with the medicinal variety is how they can stop people from gaining the benefits for so many illnesses. The stalling tactics are just ridiculous. Those with a vested interest in continuing to profit from ill health have a strong voice. Let's just hope that the voice of reason and compassion is stronger.
You have no idea do you ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Watch the videos mate....this has nothing to do with smoking weed....and yes as a child of the sixties I do know what I'm talking about.
Look, I know that, but what I shared is the way it is, these addicts are mostly the reason we don't have this herb available, please wake up.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
With all respect, it is, I have seen most of my friends over many years smoking that crap, and most of them are just not right, they don't like being around friends anymore, they seem to be very secluded, and my sister is one also.
It's not physically addictive, but some people can form a psychological dependence on it. But that can happen with anything. It happens with the Internet and video games, too.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There has been much debate in recent times concerning the use of medicinal cannabis.

The following videos show what happens when a woman with Alzheimers Disease takes this medicine....

A Parkinson's Disease patient....

A child with Epilepsy

A Little boy with a Brain tumor......Cancer

The professionals tell us what they think.

Is the evidence telling the story? How can this plant still be illegal?

Thoughts?

Like any other medicine, it depends. I'm on a controlled substance for my Epilepsy. However, stimulants like Cannibus and even Mediflu for colds, would lessen the affects of my seizure meds. So, if it's used as a controlled substance and it helps, all for it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not physically addictive, but some people can form a psychological dependence on it. But that can happen with anything. It happens with the Internet and video games, too.
I know that, I myself use to smoke it, and I believe that it brought on latent schizophrenia, which has been proven by medical science.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Yes some herbs can be useful, but because its a herb doesn't mean it is always useful, there are many herbs that will kill you, such as foxglove.

In all of my years on this planet I have yet to find one person who had a bad experience with cannabis, either medically or recreationally. Yet I see the damage alcohol causes.

People who are novices with regards to cannabis or any other herb should perform due diligence.

The Sacred Herb has many other uses, Henry Ford made a car from hemp ! It was a hardy vehicle too. Homes can be made from hemp, rope, clothing etc etc.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Marijuana made my Manic depression psychosis episodes worse and more frequent, when I was smoking pot I was being hospitalized 5150 2-3 times a year, since I quit smoking pot years ago I don't even get hospitallized in fact my manic depression is in remission and I no longer get manic or depressed episodes. People that think mental illness and marijuana are a good mix are certifiable crazy IMHO.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
We aren't talking about recreational use of high THC cannabis, but high CBD, low THC medical marijuana.
No high's with this one if you watch the videos you will see why.

It takes a very low amount of CBD to be effective, so most strains have adequate CBD for most uses. I think you probably would want a high CBD strain for something like cancer though. Even the "high THC" strains help with pain (especially the indica hybrids) and any other number of issues. I always laugh about the THC panic, I mean it is far less of an effect on me personally than drinking. Drinking I could black out, never had that happen on MJ. I could drive my car safely after 2-3 hours "sobering up" (and, I'd be right back to normal), and I certainly wouldn't fall down a flight of stairs from a little weed. If you ask me, the alcohol is by far the chemical with the most possible liabilities for causing personal injury or harming others.

Anyway, I think we need to move away from a prohibition culture and stay the **** out of other people's lives. Stop enabling the ******** that get their rocks off on dominating other people. There is absolutely zero scientific proof that MJ is harmful to anyone, other than people who already have brain damage and do stupid things already.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What utter BS. Marijuana present a clear and present danger to people with mental illnesses or tendencies to develop such, and this has been demonstrated scientifically through reputable studies over and over. Pot heads are living in the dark, just waiting for their next fix.