• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cannabis the Answer?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
People need to know the truth. This is a disgrace! Drug companies don't want to cure you....they just want to charge you a fortune and keep you as a customer for life.

There is so much corruption in this world and no wonder....(1 John 5:19)

Its not the plant that is dangerous but the greedy drug barons who are making dangerous medicine....fully "approved".

QuestioningMind

Look, I know that, but what I shared is the way it is, these addicts are mostly the reason we don't have this herb available, please wake up.

People using recreational pot is why medical studies of pot have been repressed for decades? That's an absurd claim. Those with a vested interest in keeping it illegal (alcohol, big pharma, and law enforcement) have suppressed any such studies because they know they will reveal that all of the negative hype about pot has been vastly exaggerated if not plain fabricated.

QuestioningMind

With all respect, it is, I have seen most of my friends over many years smoking that crap, and most of them are just not right, they don't like being around friends anymore, they seem to be very secluded, and my sister is one also.

That doesn't change the reality that pot is not physically additive.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
People using recreational pot is why medical studies of pot have been repressed for decades? That's an absurd claim. Those with a vested interest in keeping it illegal (alcohol, big pharma, and law enforcement) have suppressed any such studies because they know they will reveal that all of the negative hype about pot has been vastly exaggerated if not plain fabricated.
I agree it should be used in medical situation, but to say that pot doesn't have any serious affects on the body is plain ignorance.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
pot is addictive, even sugar is addictive, anything can be addictive.

There is a difference between physical addiction and psychological addiction. Cannabis is not physically addictive, but the effect can become a dependence. Like alcohol addiction, it can be the difference between coping and not coping with life.
Too much of anything is not good for you....but a little can be very beneficial.

QuestioningMind

I agree it should be used in medical situation, but to say that pot doesn't have any serious affects on the body is plain ignorance.

I don't recall anyone claiming that excessive use of pot doesn't have any negative physical effects. That's not at all the same as saying that pot is physically addictive.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There is a difference between physical addiction and psychological addiction. Cannabis is not physically addictive, but the effect can become a dependence. Like alcohol addiction, it can be the difference between coping and not coping with life.
Too much of anything is not good for you....but a little can be very beneficial.
Yes I can agree with that.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't recall anyone claiming that excessive use of pot doesn't have any negative physical effects. That's not at all the same as saying that pot is physically addictive.
As I already said, it is addictive, I have seen so many people I once knew who cannot do without it.

QuestioningMind

pot is addictive, even sugar is addictive, anything can be addictive.

Yes, people can be develop a psychological dependence to virtually anything. But a psychological dependence is not the same as a physical addiction. Heroin is physically addictive. Meth is physically addictive. That bag of Doritos that you think you have to have each night is NOT physically addictive... nor is that pot that your sister has become psychologically dependent on physically addictive.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes, people can be develop a psychological dependence to virtually anything. But a psychological dependence is not the same as a physical addiction. Heroin is physically addictive. Meth is physically addictive. That bag of Doritos that you think you have to have each night is NOT physically addictive... nor is that pot that your sister has become psychologically dependent on physically addictive.
The reason why many become addictive is that they are always trying to get the same hit they once felt, Frequent and heavy use of marijuana can lead to physical dependence.

QuestioningMind

As I already said, it is addictive, I have seen so many people I once knew who cannot do without it.

I know you keep saying that it's addictive, but you keep confusing a psychological dependency with a physical addiction. They are not the same thing. Someone who is psychologically dependent on pot will go through psychological hell when they stop using. Someone who's an alcoholic will not only go through the psychological hell of psychological dependence, they will ALSO experience physical withdrawal symptoms because alcohol is PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE, not just something that you can develop a psychological dependence for.

QuestioningMind

The reason why many become addictive is that they are always trying to get the same hit they once felt, Frequent and heavy use of marijuana can lead to physical dependence.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no evidence to back up that claim. Pot can lead to psychological dependence, but NOT to physical addiction.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I know you keep saying that it's addictive, but you keep confusing a psychological dependency with a physical addiction. They are not the same thing. Someone who is psychologically dependent on pot will go through psychological hell when they stop using. Someone who's an alcoholic will not only go through the psychological hell of psychological dependence, they will ALSO experience physical withdrawal symptoms because alcohol is PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE, not just something that you can develop a psychological dependence for.
There is evidence to say you are wrong, yes psychological dependency is true, but in long term use it can also become psychologically dependence.

So much of this thread is drivel and misinformation.

I may as well throw in, 18 rotting pages in:

- Cannabis should not be criminalized

- Cannabis should be used for medicinal use

- Cannabis should be used for agricultural use (hemp)

- Cannabis should be used for recreational use

- Any pleasurable/psychologically gratifying experience should be considered "addictive" by definition; we are creatures of addiction (extending to behavior, geography, etc.)

- Of all the psychoactive substances available for recreational use, cannabis would easily qualify as the least harmful in my opinion

idav

Being
Premium Member
The difference is, physically addictive drugs like alcohol, meth, can kill a person from withdrawal, haven't heard of that for cannabis. Comparing it to addiction to certain foods doesn't really say much, yes people can get mentally addicted to ice cream or whatever. Cannabis is not a narcotic, so law should not treat it like it is. I'm sorry if youve seen it ruin lives, sex addiction and gambling addiction can ruin lives too.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The difference is, physically addictive drugs like alcohol, meth, can kill a person from withdrawal, haven't heard of that for cannabis. Comparing it to addiction to certain foods doesn't really say much, yes people can get mentally addicted to ice cream or whatever. Cannabis is not a narcotic, so law should not treat it like it is. I'm sorry if youve seen it ruin lives, sex addiction and gambling addiction can ruin lives too.
Yes and so cannabis is a drug, and it can harm people, that's all I am saying.