• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is being gay a sin according to your religion?

mahmoud mrt

I don't have a religion and being gay is fine by me. What about you guys??

In Islam Being a gay man or women without actually practicing homosexual intercourse is considered weakness in faith and mental disease, the Muslim should consider this as a test and by which be patient and fight this sick desires till God relief him from them.

But actually practicing homosexual intercourse is considered a major sin in Islam, and if the person does not repent before he normally dies he will be probably be punished in the hereafter in hell for a period of time varying according to God Judgment.

The earthly punishment is only to the ones who openly commit this sin, the intercourse must be seen by 4 just witnesses at least. Islamic courts in a Muslim country have different opinions and tracts; it varies from in some extreme opinions from death to only imprisonment in homes or prison.

Regarding to the holy Quran alone the earthly punishment is around imprisonment in homes, to other similar punishment.

Actually this reply will probably be the reply of any Muslim, because simply the holy Quran is clear in this issue (that homosexuality sex intercourse is a major sin), and since the holy Qur’an in considered the words of God to any Muslim, preserved letter by letter, you can review how this preservation was one in this paragraph:

Hi all,

In Islam we have two sources of information:

A- The holy Qur’an, which we Muslims believe it’s the actual words of God, we recite it in our prayers every day (We do minimum 5 prayers a day), in addition to normal reading which is considered worship. In the month of Ramadan millions of Muslims recite the whole holy Quran in the payers, in addition to millions who read it as a whole. It’s persevered, memorized, and written exactly by every letter as the Prophet (pbuh) recited it to the Muslims, at the Prophet’s time tens of thousands had memorized the Holy Quran in addition to the written copy, these thousands have passed it to millions of Muslims throughout the ages. This perfect preservation is called in Arabic (Twator), which means that there can be no single atom of doubt that every letter in the Written and memorized Qur’an is exactly as the Prophet recited it, because millions through ages were practically reciting it every day more than five times, and they all agree till now on every letter. The Holy Quran has around 600 pages.
The Question is why Islam forbids this kind of sexual intercourse.

Well, one of Islam’s main priorities is providing a healthy Family and a healthy society. Homosexual intercourse comes against this concept.

In Islam, humanity has an instruction book to produce a healthy society, this instruction book is the holy Quran, and freedom stops at clear orders from God, the range of freedom cannot breach this border.

Human being is considered God’s most precious creation, thus he must follow the straight normal path as he was created by.

You can argue that some human beings are created with the wrong bodies, yes there are some deformations that a human being can have the opposite mind of his body creation, but this has a solution, be patient, he can live without sex, he will not die if he have no homosexual intercourse. He or she must wait till God solves this problem, and must consider himself scarifying for the society healthiness, he will be greatly rewarded by God in the hereafter, and there God will solve this situation for him or her, actually by giving him the body he wants (male or female).

Regards,
Mahmoud

ScuzManiac

I
Well, one of Islam’s main priorities is providing a healthy Family and a healthy society. Homosexual intercourse comes against this concept.

So, how does being gay "come against this concept" anymore than straight men/women that don't have kids or families? I'm not saying it's wrong or anything...

Just trying to understand the logic behind that.

AlphaAlex115

I want to reply to this thread, but have nothing to say. I spend most of my life searching for the right words, ya know. No time to even worry about who's gay and whether I care or not.

mahmoud mrt

So, how does being gay "come against this concept" anymore than straight men/women that don't have kids or families? I'm not saying it's wrong or anything...

Just trying to understand the logic behind that.

Because Being Gay is opposite to the normal God will and creation,

If Gays are openly defining themselves they encourage others to the same path, thus destroying the Family system, and by this destroying the society system.

The point is that it’s against the what we call in Arabic (Fetra), which is the straightway that God Created human with.

So if you practice homosexuality you are destroying your inner “Fetra”, thus destroying your relation and love with God.

Regards
Mahmoud

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

If Gays are openly defining themselves they encourage others to the same path, thus destroying the Family system, and by this destroying the society system.

The point is that it’s against the what we call in Arabic (Fetra), which is the straightway that God Created human with.

So if you practice homosexuality you are destroying your inner “Fetra”, thus destroying your relation and love with God.

Regards
Mahmoud

Baloney! Homosexuality has been around as long as humans have, - and obviously the heterosexual family system hasn't been destroyed!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

My question generated by this post is; - why do Christians whom claim they are not under Tanakh Law, - and prove such by eating bacon, and not observing menstruation laws, etc., - become hypocrites condemning homosexuals under that same law, - when Jesus said nothing about homosexuals, and there is nothing in the New Testament condemning them?

Parsimony

Regards
Mahmoud
I'm curious. In Islam, is there a commandment that everyone must get married and have children? Is it a sin to remain single for the whole of one's life?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Regards
Mahmoud
How little you all seem to know about homosexuality.
1) The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders has, since its 4th version in, I believe 1992, not included homosexuality as a mental disorder or a sexual dysfunction. In other words, our best mental health professionals think it's normal. Therefore, not against "normal creation."
2) One's sexual orientation, whether heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual, is an orientation -- not a choice. No one's encouraging people of another orientation to "join the team.'
3) There's no statistic to show that increased publicity of those who identify as homosexual is "destroying" either the family system, or the societal system. However, there are statistics to show that discrimination against minorities constitutes violence and thus harms society.
4) It's been determined that "praying the gay away" Does. Not. Work. and only serves to drive the one seeking to "get better" into serious depression, self-doubt, poor self-image, and desperation. In other words, standing in judgment of someone based upon their sexual preferences can destroy their inner person and jeopardize one's healthy relationship with God.

I don't care what the Koran says. In this matter, it's wrong.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

It is too easy for straight people to make statements such as these.

John Martin

Sin is acting against our human dignity. The vocation of human beings is to manifest the divine attributes of love, compassion and sharing, in human relationships. It does not matter what our sexual identity is. The question is whether we are using it for the purpose for which it is meant. If we use other persons as objects to fulfill our desires and ambitions then we are acting against our human dignity.

mahmoud mrt

I'm curious. In Islam, is there a commandment that everyone must get married and have children? Is it a sin to remain single for the whole of one's life?

Yes, the holy Qur’an and the prophet’s traditions encourage the person to get married and have children. How many children is debatable, but the holy Quran implies that it’s related to how much you earn.

It’s considered a sin (Not a major Sin, but still a sin) if you have the funding and the place to get married and have children and you don’t.

Regards
Mahmoud

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe it becomes quite convenient to write off the texts and commandments as intractable and immutable when one wishes to stand in judgment of another.

I believe I am glad I don't do that. I do not judge, it is God in me who judges and He always knows what is good and what is not.