• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Atheism based on superstition?

Kirran

Premium Member
I would like to say as a general point: paarsurrey, it is not normal use of English to put 'Please' at the end of every sentence, to refer to people as 'one' or to put 'Regards' in every post.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like to say as a general point: paarsurrey, it is not normal use of English to put 'Please' at the end of every sentence, to refer to people as 'one' or to put 'Regards' in every post.
Actually I use 'one', but the other two, no.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't get one exactly. Please illustrate one's point for me.
Regards
In other words: we met in so many threads and I got to know your way of thinking to my satisfaction.

And yet, you keep surprising me with your viewpoints.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Is philosophy 100% accurate? I don't think so. Please
Regards
Accurate in what way? If I expose that knowledge is greater than true belief, wherein does accuracy lie? If you believe the arguments as I do, then you may be convinced, but if you have good counter-arguments you may be convinced of something else. Analysis makes no claims of accuracy, except where it may analyse accuracy.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Accurate in what way? If I expose that knowledge is greater than true belief, wherein does accuracy lie? If you believe the arguments as I do, then you may be convinced, but if you have good counter-arguments you may be convinced of something else. Analysis makes no claims of accuracy, except where it may analyse accuracy.
Philosophy is working of the human mind. To err is human, hence philosophy is not 100% accurate.Right? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
ThIse basis is in finding religious claims regarding gods to be incredible. We might be wrong, but that isn't superstition in itself.
One sense of superstition is "unreasonable notion", just to critique religions while not to critique Atheism on the same basis is unreasonable and inequitable.It makes Atheism an irrational belief/unbelief.
Is it not superstition or the like?
Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
One sense of superstition is "unreasonable notion", just to critique religions while not to critique Atheism on the same basis is unreasonable and inequitable.It makes Atheism an irrational belief/unbelief.
Is it not superstition or the like?
Regards

Atheism is just a lack of theism. It's not an explicit belief.

SkepticX

Suggesting atheism is based upon superstition is like claiming the rules and standards of not collecting stamps are too convoluted.