• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Atheism based on superstition?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
They are both claims that require support.
If both have the exact same evidence in support....

I am an atheist simply because I do not believe a god exists.
Problem is that everyone wants to take my lack of belief and make it into the belief that god does not exist.
I do not believe that god does not exist either.

But then, I am ok with not knowing.
"I am an atheist simply because I do not believe a god exists."
"I do not believe that god does not exist either."

One is simply confused!?
Regards

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Atheism has neither basis in Revelation nor in science.
Right? Please
Regards
Can't even think why this question is interesting. The notion that the steak and potatoes on your plate can't get together, make a little nookie, and turn out a shepherd's pie for Granny isn't based in Revelation or science either? So is the belief that it ain't gonna happen based on superstition? Which superstition do you think that might be, exactly?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My apologies.
I do not understand this as written.
My intention is not to convince anybody, unnecessarily. I give reasons and arguments of which I am myself convinced to be truth. Others could give positive reasons and arguments if they are convinced otherwise. This way journey to Truth or on the highway of Truth continues.
Regards

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
My intention is not to convince anybody, unnecessarily. I give reasons and arguments of which I am myself convinced to be truth. Others could give positive reasons and arguments if they are convinced otherwise. This way journey to Truth or on the highway of Truth continues.
Regards
Then why the broken record session of questions?

You repeatedly ask the same few questions even after being given answers.
Are you waiting for a specific answer?

Yerda

Veteran Member
"Atheism is a position on a single question."
And they never justify positively their position or non-position, as it is mere guesswork or superstition. Please
Regards
I see all sorts of justification being offered.

Here is mine; the evidence that I have seen is not good enough. I don't need to guess or rely on superstition. I only have to state that I find the evidence insufficient. I merely reporting my mental state.

I don't believe that religion is based on superstition either, btw. ;)