• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just saying the obvious to you. LOL, scientific cooperation exists, which is why populations kill other populations. Right? :) No need to wind me up, since I'm telling the truth, lol.

It is a matter of attitude, if you want a discussion then be polite, if you want argument feel free

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Dont attempt to fill the place with straw men, evolution eas not mentioned. You want to argue evolution go for it, such a sin
So is it you don't believe in evolution? Or do you believe that emotions concerning what you,for instance, think is awful (such as torture of animals for medical purposes) is just an outgrowth of evolution for some,while others have emotions evolved to say it's not wrong, or upsetting?
It is a matter of attitude, if you want a discussion then be polite, if you want argument feel free
You might want to look at your attitude for a change. If you can't discuss what I ask or say without rancor, so be it. And hope you have a nice day. :)

YoursTrue

Yet the profit motive beats the prophet motive every day.

I really dont know why you keep firing verse numbers at me, they are meaningless. Could you not use your own thoights and words instead?.
May I ask what makes your thoughts better than someone else's thoughts? :)

YoursTrue

Dont talk bs, do you want a list of wars throughout history in which almost a billion people have been killed where one side or both were fighting to impose there religious faith on the other?

Now show me any war that has been fought for scientific cooperation.

I am not trying to wind you up but you are showing your anxiety in your posts.
I never said there were no religiously motivated wars, it just so happens that I agree with you, there were and there are, although some would deny that. OK, so tell me if religion evolved in the human mind. And then please, without being rude if possible (like telling me not to talk bs as you said above), can you tell if you think emotions evolved in the human being also along with their existence, or is that separate and apart from the evolution of the human race? (Thanks...and I say this with a smile, naturally with hope that you will respond logically and reasonably and politely to the questions.)

ChristineM

Premium Member
So is it you don't believe in evolution? Or do you believe that emotions concerning what you,for instance, think is awful (such as torture of animals for medical purposes) is just an outgrowth of evolution for some,while others have emotions evolved to say it's not wrong, or upsetting?

You might want to look at your attitude for a change. If you can't discuss what I ask or say without rancor, so be it. And hope you have a nice day. :)

Evolution is proven without doubt in several different ways. Emotions are a result of evolution in some animals but not evolution

I can discuss, can provide proof and evidence and research but i will not be dictated how to think

ChristineM

Premium Member
May I ask what makes your thoughts better than someone else's thoughts? :)

Well mostly they are my thoughts, not the thoughts of some anonymous authors 2000 years ago.
Am quite capable of reading the bible, in fact ive read 3, how about you?

Firing verse numbers instead of rational discussion is quite meaningless unless it relates directly to the discussion

ChristineM

Premium Member
I never said there were no religiously motivated wars, it just so happens that I agree with you, there were and there are, although some would deny that. OK, so tell me if religion evolved in the human mind. And then please, without being rude if possible (like telling me not to talk bs as you said above), can you tell if you think emotions evolved in the human being also along with their existence, or is that separate and apart from the evolution of the human race? (Thanks...and I say this with a smile, naturally with hope that you will respond logically and reasonably and politely to the questions.)

Not responding at all, already done 2 posts ago

YoursTrue

Doesn't work like that, sin is a religious concept, angernis an emotion.

Interesting, us prison inmates comprise more christians than the population average and less atheist. So is it that the problem is christianity and not drugs/bad parenting?

Adam and eve lived around 100,000 years apart so biblical genetics have little to do with the situation.

I have a relative with a severe mental illness and despite that i find experiments on animals to be immoral, obnoxious and revolting.
So did you ever answer how you know that Adam and Eve lived about 100,000 years apart? I doubt you spoke to either one of them, so please do say how you got that figure of their living 100,000 years apart? (Thanks.)

YoursTrue

Well mostly they are my thoughts, not the thoughts of some anonymous authors 2000 years ago.
Am quite capable of reading the bible, in fact ive read 3, how about you?

Firing verse numbers instead of rational discussion is quite meaningless unless it relates directly to the discussion
Well, I've read the Bible several times, and sometimes before I became a believer. When I was not a believer, I spoke to a pastor who told me that only God could give me the gift of faith (in God). And I can tell you from my experience that is true. Nobody but God can give you the gift of faith. So it's kind of a losing proposition for those who do not want faith, or refuse to pray.

YoursTrue

Not responding at all, already done 2 posts ago
That's fine, yet you called me rude,and refuse to look at yourself. Meanwhile, I'm responding in saying that yes, many wars are based on religious belief or motivation. (There's a difference, though.) Anyway, have a nice day.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So did you ever answer how you know that Adam and Eve lived about 100,000 years apart? I doubt you spoke to either one of them, so please do say how you got that figure of their living 100,000 years apart? (Thanks.)

I provided links for your perusal. Seems you have a problem with research

YoursTrue

Hi ChristineM again -- just asking if you can say in your own words about Adam and Eve living 100,000 years apart as you claim. Otherwise, I'm beginning to think something isn't quite right about your opinions because you can't really say why and what you believe in a logical, reasonable, and rational way. But -- you know -- I hope you do have a nice day.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well, I've read the Bible several times, and sometimes before I became a believer. When I was not a believer, I spoke to a pastor who told me that only God could give me the gift of faith (in God). And I can tell you from my experience that is true. Nobody but God can give you the gift of faith. So it's kind of a losing proposition for those who do not want faith, or refuse to pray.

You gave yourself the faith but feel free to blame a 4000 year old myth. Assuming of course you mean the abrahamic god and not one of the 4200 others (excluding the 33 million hindu gods,)

YoursTrue

I provided links for your perusal. Seems you have a problem with research
If you can put it in your own words, as you suggest others do, I'd appreciate it. You can extrapolate the particular details from those links so I can glean from them the proof you are using. Otherwise, it's your opinion vs. someone else's opinion. I might give credence to it if you can just take out a few sentences, I don't have that much time to examine every link someone puts forth. Please, can you say why, in your own words, why Adam & Eve lived 100,000 years apart? :) Thanks.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If you can put it in your own words, as you suggest others do, I'd appreciate it. You can extrapolate the particular details from those links so I can glean from them the proof you are using. Otherwise, it's your opinion vs. someone else's opinion. I might give credence to it if you can just take out a few sentences, I don't have that much time to examine every link someone puts forth. Please, can you say why, in your own words, why Adam & Eve lived 100,000 years apart? :) Thanks.

Ser above, i dont have that much time to feed you with several years of education but you seem to think i can

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's fine, yet you called me rude,and refuse to look at yourself. Meanwhile, I'm responding in saying that yes, many wars are based on religious belief or motivation. (There's a difference, though.) Anyway, have a nice day.

You were rude and still are.

YoursTrue

You gave yourself the faith but feel free to blame a 4000 year old myth. Assuming of course you mean the abrahamic god and not one of the 4200 others (excluding the 33 million hindu gods,)
There ya go again. (I didn't give myself the faith, but I understand what you are saying.) Yet you have faith that Adam & Eve lived 100,000 years apart? Who gave you that faith to believe that? By the way, I agree that there are those in many religions with beliefs I do not agree with. Just so you know. Including those who say they believe in the "abrahamic god(s)." Are you sure there are 33 million Hindu gods? (Not that it's important to me, but just wondering how you got that figure. Please -- in your own words.) Sorry that I don't have too much time to chat today right now -- lots of things to do.