• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Dna does not lie

And how have you helped me?, all you have done is displayed willing and deliberate ignorance
All right, I guess you can't see how I am helping you. But that's ok, its happened to greater people than you and me.

YoursTrue

Not spam at all since it involves changing of dna and could involve evolution.

YoursTrue

Not spam at all. While there are advancements in some areas, still governments cannot cooperate about such elementary things as child abuse, much less cooperate scientifically for the good of mankind, the governments do not cooperate within themselves to stop polluting the earth. Much less among each other and between governments.

YoursTrue

You have a very strange notion of evolution. I said, and i repeat for the hard of understanding. DNA shows they lived around 100,000 years apart. Nothing more, nothing less so do not try manipulating what i say just because it upsets your sensibilities
Who lived 100,000 years apart? Adam first and then Eve? Dna proves that? You are funny, almost. Depending on one's sense of humor.

YoursTrue

Well mostly they are my thoughts, not the thoughts of some anonymous authors 2000 years ago.
Am quite capable of reading the bible, in fact ive read 3, how about you?

Firing verse numbers instead of rational discussion is quite meaningless unless it relates directly to the discussion
You've read 3 what, Bibles? Or translations?

YoursTrue

Doesn't work like that, sin is a religious concept, angernis an emotion.

Interesting, us prison inmates comprise more christians than the population average and less atheist. So is it that the problem is christianity and not drugs/bad parenting?

Adam and eve lived around 100,000 years apart so biblical genetics have little to do with the situation.

I have a relative with a severe mental illness and despite that i find experiments on animals to be immoral, obnoxious and revolting.
Sorry about your relative. Do you however think you have an innate sense of right and wrong? Especially since you use the word immoral.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A sin thing is only applicable to god believers and certainly in civilised countries no one is criminalised for committing a sin
In reality adam and eve lived about 100,000 years apart. Mdna eve, and y chromosome adam. DNA does not lie

Since actions like murder and stealing are usually a 'crime' in civilized countries that is also a 'sin'.
I am wondering how Adam could have produced children without a female.
To me that means male Adam had to have a female in order to have children.
What we learn from the Bible is that living Adam was alive when God presented Eve to him at Genesis 2:23-24.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Since actions like murder and stealing are usually a 'crime' in civilized countries that is also a 'sin'.
I am wondering how Adam could have produced children without a female.
To me that means male Adam had to have a female in order to have children.
What we learn from the Bible is that living Adam was alive when God presented Eve to him at Genesis 2:23-24.

So not only so you steal morality from the human race you steal legal wrongdoing and call it sin

Of course females existed. But their their dna no longer exists the one we all descend from mtdna eve lived aftet y adam.

Yes well the bible is not always right.

YoursTrue

So not only so you steal morality from the human race you steal legal wrongdoing and call it sin

Of course females existed. But their their dna no longer exists the one we all descend from mtdna eve lived aftet y adam.

What do you mean by "So not only so you steal morality from the human race you steal legal wrongdoing and call it sin"? What??
You also said, "of course females existed. But their dna no longer exists..." What???? And this means that Adam & Eve lived 100,000 years apart? ??????????????????

YoursTrue

BUT -- you bring up an interesting point, ChristineM. Here's what it is. The Merriam Webster definition of crime is: "an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government; especially : a gross violation of law." Thanks for mentioning what you think is the difference between crime and sin, kind of more or less.

YoursTrue

Whose dna no longer exists?? Since you said 'their dna no longer exists...'

ChristineM

Premium Member
BUT -- you bring up an interesting point, ChristineM. Here's what it is. The Merriam Webster definition of crime is: "an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government; especially : a gross violation of law." Thanks for mentioning what you think is the difference between crime and sin, kind of more or less.

Sin : an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Whose dna no longer exists?? Since you said 'their dna no longer exists...'

The mtdna of those females who lived before mtdna eve.

The human race is descended from, on the female side the woman identified as mtdna eve. On the male side y-chromosome adam. These people did not live together

ChristineM

Premium Member
What do you mean by "So not only so you steal morality from the human race you steal legal wrongdoing and call it sin"? What??
You also said, "of course females existed. But their dna no longer exists..." What???? And this means that Adam & Eve lived 100,000 years apart? ??????????????????

The morality of the human race allowed them to
Ive in groups without killing each other. From that religions formed and took morality for themselves modifying it to exclude any people not in their club

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The morality of the human race allowed them to
Iive in groups without killing each other. From that religions formed and took morality for themselves modifying it to exclude any people not in their club

I find 'religions formed and took morality for themselves....' tracing mankind's family tree back to its base in Babylon.
In Scripture, what existed ' before ' Noah did come to an end. 'After' Noah came Nimrod in ancient Babylon.
As the people in ancient Babylon left Babylon they migrated throughout the Earth they took with them their 'morality' (or lack of it) and spread their morals world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.

Unless damaged, we all come with an in-born conscience that can guide against killing, etc.
So, it's man's God-given Conscience which has allowed the human race to live without killing each other.
(Except of course when the false clergy send members of their flock out to kill in war for the nations).

I suppose one could say that God's promise to father Abraham, that Messiah would come through his line, is part of God's club. So, in that sense, the challenge is: God's club or man's club.
Who can govern best: God or man_______
Man has tried endless amounts of religions. Those religions have produced Not God's fruitage but man's.
Anyone can join God's club, even those who get out of Christendom (apostate Christianity), can join.
Remember: Jesus forewarns that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false in Matthew chapter 7.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I find 'religions formed and took morality for themselves....' tracing mankind's family tree back to its base in Babylon.
In Scripture, what existed ' before ' Noah did come to an end. 'After' Noah came Nimrod in ancient Babylon.
As the people in ancient Babylon left Babylon they migrated throughout the Earth they took with them their 'morality' (or lack of it) and spread their morals world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.

Unless damaged, we all come with an in-born conscience that can guide against killing, etc.
So, it's man's God-given Conscience which has allowed the human race to live without killing each other.
(Except of course when the false clergy send members of their flock out to kill in war for the nations).

I suppose one could say that God's promise to father Abraham, that Messiah would come through his line, is part of God's club. So, in that sense, the challenge is: God's club or man's club.
Who can govern best: God or man_______
Man has tried endless amounts of religions. Those religions have produced Not God's fruitage but man's.
Anyone can join God's club, even those who get out of Christendom (apostate Christianity), can join.
Remember: Jesus forewarns that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false in Matthew chapter 7.

And i prefer reality