• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So not only so you steal morality from the human race you steal legal wrongdoing and call it sin

Well, that is an interesting way to put it about ' stealing morality from the human race....."
A man named Nimrod ( google Nimrod ) set up man's beliefs that today can be traced back to ancient Babylon.
Even astrology claims its roots go back to ancient Babylon.

Not all legal wrongdoing is thought of as sin, but that seems about right.
A speeding ticket is Not considered as sinning against the motor-vehicle code, but it can be deliberate wrongdoing.
Seems in a lot of ways 'sin' does go hand-in-hand with moral issues, and yes there is a difference between men's morals and God's morals.
So, in that sense we are all free to choose which moral issues, or standards, we want to follow.
The God of the Bible has forced No one to follow His standards of morality. We're all free to choose.
However, if we want to live forever (everlasting life) then we need to choose God's moral standards as one's own.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course females existed. But their their dna no longer exists the one we all descend from mtdna eve lived aftet y adam.

That is very interesting about female DNA No longer exists, so where or why that tracing ends remains to be known.
That information to me does Not mean that the Eve of Genesis never existed because that Eve was Adam's wife.
Genesis Eve was created for Adam and they both lived at the same time frame.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And i prefer reality
We should all prefer reality, and I find the reality in the world's religions do point to a certain real starting point.
If we lump together the beliefs found in the world's religions we see a common denominator:
We find similar or overlapping religious ideas and practices that trace back to ancient Babylon.
So, ancient Babylonian beliefs are the real base or starting point of the world's religions.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well, that is an interesting way to put it about ' stealing morality from the human race....."
A man named Nimrod ( google Nimrod ) set up man's beliefs that today can be traced back to ancient Babylon.
Even astrology claims its roots go back to ancient Babylon.

Not all legal wrongdoing is thought of as sin, but that seems about right.
A speeding ticket is Not considered as sinning against the motor-vehicle code, but it can be deliberate wrongdoing.
Seems in a lot of ways 'sin' does go hand-in-hand with moral issues, and yes there is a difference between men's morals and God's morals.
So, in that sense we are all free to choose which moral issues, or standards, we want to follow.
The God of the Bible has forced No one to follow His standards of morality. We're all free to choose.
However, if we want to live forever (everlasting life) then we need to choose God's moral standards as one's own.

And way back before there was methods to record names like nimrod cro magnon man were living moral lives

Astrology woo woo

Evidence you can live forever please

ChristineM

Premium Member
That is very interesting about female DNA No longer exists, so where or why that tracing ends remains to be known.
That information to me does Not mean that the Eve of Genesis never existed because that Eve was Adam's wife.
Genesis Eve was created for Adam and they both lived at the same time frame.

I did not say female dna no longer exists but the dna of females prior to mtdna eve no longer exists

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I did not say female dna no longer exists but the dna of females prior to mtdna eve no longer exists
Sorry I was Not more clear, as I also did Not mean female DNA no longer exists but exists in the context as you said.
What does the 'mt' in mtdna stand for ___________ Thanks

ChristineM

Premium Member
We should all prefer reality, and I find the reality in the world's religions do point to a certain real starting point.
If we lump together the beliefs found in the world's religions we see a common denominator:
We find similar or overlapping religious ideas and practices that trace back to ancient Babylon.
So, ancient Babylonian beliefs are the real base or starting point of the world's religions.

Yes a common denominator, 'i dont know so god'

Actually the oldest religion is Hinduism (17000 years old approx.), followed by Zoroastrianism (12000 years old approx.) which i believe to be the forerunner of abrahamic religions

Babylon founded around 4300 years ago.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And way back before there was methods to record names like nimrod cro magnon man were living moral lives
Evidence you can live forever please

What was perishable before the Flood does Not exist, but some of what was Not perishable can exist.
How can we know if any ' cro magnon ' etc, man who was living moral or immoral lives.
Since we know of no one living forever at this time, that would be the future we are talking about.
What we learn from the Bible is that Adam and Eve could have lived forever if they obeyed their Creator.
Since we are innocent of what Adam and Eve did is why God made provision for us to live forever.
On our own, we can't stop sinning, can't stop breaking the law in some way, so that is why we die.
We can Not resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us.
Jesus' ransom balanced the Scales of Justice for us, so that we can be resurrected.
In other words, the resurrections Jesus performed were a small example of what Jesus will do on a GRAND scale.
To me, the information contained in the Bible is where we find written evidence about having a 'resurrection'.
Sure, many don't consider 'information as evidence', but that alone does Not mean it is wrong information.
Many think resurrection is false, and teach a false ' afterlife ' teaching of being more alive after death than before death.
To me, there is No evidence of being more alive after death than before death, but the teaching of a coming future resurrection back to life is a real hope for mankind. That there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....Acts 24:15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That which actually exists, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
That which can be observed and measured

Mankind exists, and we can observe and measure: mankind's long history.
To me, the Bible exists, although many over the centuries have tried to destroy it from both without and from within.
Mankind's history proves the Bible true that man dominates man to man's hurt or injury as per Ecclesiastes 8:9.
When we pick up men's news we read about the 'bad news' of men's kingdoms or governments.
Whereas, when we pick up the Bible we read about the 'good news' of God's kingdom or government of Daniel 2:44.
So, what actually exists is that most people want Peace, that being the case, there should be more Peace on Earth.
What actually exists then is a lack of Peace on Earth because mankind can't solve mankind's problems.
Thus, mankind's lack of Peace on Earth can be: observed and measured.

ChristineM

Premium Member
What was perishable before the Flood does Not exist, but some of what was Not perishable can exist.
How can we know if any ' cro magnon ' etc, man who was living moral or immoral lives.
Since we know of no one living forever at this time, that would be the future we are talking about.
What we learn from the Bible is that Adam and Eve could have lived forever if they obeyed their Creator.
Since we are innocent of what Adam and Eve did is why God made provision for us to live forever.
On our own, we can't stop sinning, can't stop breaking the law in some way, so that is why we die.
We can Not resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us.
Jesus' ransom balanced the Scales of Justice for us, so that we can be resurrected.
In other words, the resurrections Jesus performed were a small example of what Jesus will do on a GRAND scale.
To me, the information contained in the Bible is where we find written evidence about having a 'resurrection'.
Sure, many don't consider 'information as evidence', but that alone does Not mean it is wrong information.
Many think resurrection is false, and teach a false ' afterlife ' teaching of being more alive after death than before death.
To me, there is No evidence of being more alive after death than before death, but the teaching of a coming future resurrection back to life is a real hope for mankind. That there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....Acts 24:15

What flood? The flood didnt exist

Easily, they lived in groups, they had art. To live in groups requires morality,

Nope DNA had a specific lifespan. If adam and eve were human their life would have been an absolute maximum of 125 years

Show evidence for resurrection and ill review it

ChristineM

Premium Member
Mankind exists, and we can observe and measure: mankind's long history.
To me, the Bible exists, although many over the centuries have tried to destroy it from both without and from within.
Mankind's history proves the Bible true that man dominates man to man's hurt or injury as per Ecclesiastes 8:9.
When we pick up men's news we read about the 'bad news' of men's kingdoms or governments.
Whereas, when we pick up the Bible we read about the 'good news' of God's kingdom or government of Daniel 2:44.
So, what actually exists is that most people want Peace, that being the case, there should be more Peace on Earth.
What actually exists then is a lack of Peace on Earth because mankind can't solve mankind's problems.
Thus, mankind's lack of Peace on Earth can be: observed and measured.

The book exists, that is not to say its contents are valid

What exists is what is real. Concepts are not real, peace is a concept

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The book exists, that is not to say its contents are valid
What exists is what is real. Concepts are not real, peace is a concept

To me what makes the Bible valid in its contents is the internal harmony among Bible writers.
A comprehensive concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order for us.
That way we can research or study the Bible by topic or by subject arrangement.
Peace is a concept or idea, but that alone does Not mean that peace can't come to pass.
What exists as real is that most people really want peace, so there should be more Peace on Earth.
To me, this shows there is an outside influence on people just as we can learn from the Bible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
To me what makes the Bible valid in its contents is the internal harmony among Bible writers.
A comprehensive concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order for us.
That way we can research or study the Bible by topic or by subject arrangement.
Peace is a concept or idea, but that alone does Not mean that peace can't come to pass.
What exists as real is that most people really want peace, so there should be more Peace on Earth.
To me, this shows there is an outside influence on people just as we can learn from the Bible.

You have your faith.

I thought we had already discussed the "harmonious" discrepancies, disagreements etc?

Ahh cherry picking. Me, i prefer (bad word but it works) to read the bible as written.

People wanting peace as you say, is an ideal. It is far from being real. Now you may blame people for not being of your faith and i for sure, other faithful would blame you for not being of their faith. Either way there is always faith in the background where ever there is no peace.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sin : an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
Some people put what they consider to be divine law over national law. Does the transcendence of national bonds surpass religious loyalties?
The morality of the human race allowed them to
Ive in groups without killing each other. From that religions formed and took morality for themselves modifying it to exclude any people not in their club
Could you give some examples, please.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You have your faith.

I thought we had already discussed the "harmonious" discrepancies, disagreements etc?

Ahh cherry picking. Me, i prefer (bad word but it works) to read the bible as written.

People wanting peace as you say, is an ideal. It is far from being real. Now you may blame people for not being of your faith and i for sure, other faithful would blame you for not being of their faith. Either way there is always faith in the background where ever there is no peace.
Many people, like you, imagine that burning in eternal fire to be literal rather than indicative of something else.