• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incompatible

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The morality of the human race allowed them to
Ive in groups without killing each other. From that religions formed and took morality for themselves modifying it to exclude any people not in their club
Groups can live together without killing each other. Although there is much murder and mayhem throughout the world, including the United States. Some of those killers were either raised in religion or had no proper training. Others may be raised in religions that do encourage killing one's designated enemy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Some people put what they consider to be divine law over national law. Does the transcendence of national bonds surpass religious loyalties?

Could you give some examples, please.

That is there problem an no doubt contributes to the excessive number of prison inmates of a religious persuasion and terrorism.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Many people, like you, imagine that burning in eternal fire to be literal rather than indicative of something else.

I did not write the Bible, i simply read it.

I do not threaten non believers in a particular sect that they will burn in hell

Seems it is religions who need to interpret and threaten to suite whatever cult they follow

ChristineM

Premium Member
Groups can live together without killing each other. Although there is much murder and mayhem throughout the world, including the United States. Some of those killers were either raised in religion or had no proper training. Others may be raised in religions that do encourage killing one's designated enemy.

Yes, and?

Did i say one group would not attack another?

wellwisher

Do you know what Orthodox Christianity starts with? with the verb ''do you BELIEVE?'' Believe something OUTSIDE of your life. I can't accept it.

Belief is the basis for all innovation and all futuristic thinking, since innovation and the future is not yet something we can know with only the sensory systems, since these have yet to become manifest. This is an advanced training of the mind, that separates humans from animals. It is different from logical extrapolation since what can appear is not easy to extrapolate.

For example, if you had a new idea in science, science will not publish this new idea, without you providing sensory lab data, so others in science don't have to use their power of belief, since most lack this skill. One has to dumb down the so anyone can see it using only the sensory systems. When science runs experiments to reproduce a result, it is because they lack faith, and need to see it for themselves.

Faith in the unknown, divides such people from those who have no future sight. This division and separation with others motivates these people to alter reality so others can see. The prophet is not much different from the innovator, who first saw the computer, years before it was tangible. He tried to explain his vision but the sightless are blind. So he figures out ways to make it manifest, so they can see it using the ways of the animals. When it did appear it may spook them so he may need to use religious technique of the mind, to appease their unconscious fears; fear of novelty.

In my study and experience, religion is the analogous to the IT or information technology of the human mind. An IT professional my uses code to write the operating system and software of a computer. The various religions do this for the neural computer called the brain. They learn to tap into new areas of the brain. Some Eastern religions can use code to stop the heart. This is a type of stunt designed for those without faith so they can see what is possible. Command lines in religions are called prayers.

YoursTrue

Belief is the basis for all innovation and all futuristic thinking, since innovation and the future is not yet something we can know with only the sensory systems, since these have yet to become manifest. This is an advanced training of the mind, that separates humans from animals. It is different from logical extrapolation since what can appear is not easy to extrapolate.

Very good answer. Because -- people acknowledge that humans have "advanced," let's say for example, from horse and buggy to automobiles. From handsewing to sewing machines. Etc. Apes, said to be the ancestors genetically of humans, are rather static in innovation. Evidently they are content, to use an expression, to stay swinging from trees.

For example, if you had a new idea in science, science will not publish this new idea, without you providing sensory lab data, so others in science don't have to use their power of belief, since most lack this skill. One has to dumb down the so anyone can see it using only the sensory systems. When science runs experiments to reproduce a result, it is because they lack faith, and need to see it for themselves.

Faith in the unknown, divides such people from those who have no future sight. This division and separation with others motivates these people to alter reality so others can see. The prophet is not much different from the innovator, who first saw the computer, years before it was tangible. He tried to explain his vision but the sightless are blind. So he figures out ways to make it manifest, so they can see it using the ways of the animals. When it did appear it may spook them so he may need to use religious technique of the mind, to appease their unconscious fears; fear of novelty.

In my study and experience, religion is the analogous to the IT or information technology of the human mind. An IT professional my uses code to write the operating system and software of a computer. The various religions do this for the neural computer called the brain. They learn to tap into new areas of the brain. Some Eastern religions can use code to stop the heart. This is a type of stunt designed for those without faith so they can see what is possible. Command lines in religions are called prayers.

I find differences in religions very interesting, by that I mean the foundational teachings.

YoursTrue

In this case we are talking pre civilization so physical.
I am not an expert on ape-apes, so I'm not sure if ape-apes (as differentiated from human apes in your way of looking at things) fight among themselves in groups. Or if they are groupies. Maybe you know.
But what proof/evidence do you have that human apes pre-civilization, as you put it, got along so peacefully in groups? Anything but conjecture? Please do show some evidence. Thanks.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am not an expert on ape-apes, so I'm not sure if ape-apes (as differentiated from human apes in your way of looking at things) fight among themselves in groups. Or if they are groupies. Maybe you know.
But what proof/evidence do you have that human apes pre-civilization, as you put it, got along so peacefully in groups? Anything but conjecture? Please do show some evidence. Thanks.

Yes apes are territorial .

I have provided anthropological findings

YoursTrue

I did not write the Bible, i simply read it.

I do not threaten non believers in a particular sect that they will burn in hell

Seems it is religions who need to interpret and threaten to suite whatever cult they follow
It is a complete misinterpretation to imagine that fire in the Bible means eternal torture. Religions have done a bad job on humanity.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It is a complete misinterpretation to imagine that fire in the Bible means eternal torture. Religions have done a bad job on humanity.

At last we agree on something, religions are responsible for a lot of bad stuff in the name of religion