• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incest

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
To the first part: I'm glad to hear that. Personally I think that's the way to go as a parent.

To the second part: I didn't mean to imply that you felt that way about homosexuality. My point was just to ask why the two things are different to you. What makes you draw the line between homosexuality and incest?

Mball..Like I said its just a feeling..an "instinct" something my gut tells me.I can not pin point it.

Blessings

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Mball..Like I said its just a feeling..an "instinct" something my gut tells me.I can not pin point it.

Blessings

Dallas

OK, that's fine. Didn't mean to push you. That question is mainly for the people who would force it on someone else, which, as you've stated, is definitely not you. :)

+Xausted

Sorry, Jayne. Didn't mean to get you upset.

Mestemia, she does mean well, and she doesn't mean to insult. I know how what she said seemed, but, in this case, I know that she really didn't mean anything by it. :)
i disagree. are you all ready for me to start posting ACTUAL evidence against incest....
what you all seem to forget is that as a student i have access to hundreds of journals, books etc.....as opposed to your wikipedia "knowledge"

i have no gripe with you , you have engaged in an interesting debate and i respect if not agree with your opinion

+Xausted

[SIZE=-1]ABSTRACT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Am J Psychiatry 1991; 148:46-49 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Copyright © 1991 by American Psychiatric Association [/SIZE]
REGULAR ARTICLES

Family interactions within incest and nonincest families

PG Madonna, S Van Scoyk and DP Jones
[SIZE=-1]C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, Denver, CO.[/SIZE] OBJECTIVE: The study addressed the questions, What are the interactional patterns in families in which incest occurs? and Do these patterns differ from those of families with other clinical problems? METHOD: The families for the study were chosen from two outpatient clinics; the C. Henry Kempe, National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect provided access to families with incest, and the nonincest families each had a child seen in a university child psychiatry clinic. In each of these settings, 30 families were selected in the order of referral for evaluation. All families agreed to participate. Each family was given two tasks to perform during a structured interview. The interviews were videotaped, and 15-20-minute segments were rated independently by two of the authors, who used the Beavers-Timberlawn Family Evaluation Scale to assess interactional behaviors within each family. RESULTS: The incest families were significantly more dysfunctional in all but one area of family interaction. The distribution of power within a family did not differentiate the two types of families. CONCLUSIONS: The incest families dysfunctional patterns that seemed to support and maintain the incestuous behavior were a rigid family belief system, a dysfunctional parental coalition, parental neglect and emotional unavailability, and the inability to nurture autonomy in family members.

+Xausted

SORRY IF MY TONE IS OFF.
my uni access keeps crashing so i cant get anymore journals at this point in time, but i am sure i can if needed at a later date
i am perfectly willing to accept a different opinion, also differing evidence.
but i dont like being accused of something that other people are also doing. i can not be accused of not backing up evidence when none has been presented for the alternative arguement.( and i am not talking wikipedia evidence that is so often cited as fact here)..pot calling kettle

.lava

Veteran Member
[SIZE=-1]ABSTRACT[/SIZE]
REGULAR ARTICLES

[SIZE=-1]C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect, Denver, CO.[/SIZE] OBJECTIVE: The study addressed the questions, What are the interactional patterns in families in which incest occurs? and Do these patterns differ from those of families with other clinical problems? METHOD: The families for the study were chosen from two outpatient clinics; the C. Henry Kempe, National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect provided access to families with incest, and the nonincest families each had a child seen in a university child psychiatry clinic. In each of these settings, 30 families were selected in the order of referral for evaluation. All families agreed to participate. Each family was given two tasks to perform during a structured interview. The interviews were videotaped, and 15-20-minute segments were rated independently by two of the authors, who used the Beavers-Timberlawn Family Evaluation Scale to assess interactional behaviors within each family. RESULTS: The incest families were significantly more dysfunctional in all but one area of family interaction. The distribution of power within a family did not differentiate the two types of families. CONCLUSIONS: The incest families dysfunctional patterns that seemed to support and maintain the incestuous behavior were a rigid family belief system, a dysfunctional parental coalition, parental neglect and emotional unavailability, and the inability to nurture autonomy in family members.

thanks for sending this. it was very annoying to search for info on the net.

very:)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
[SIZE=-1]ABSTRACT[/SIZE]
REGULAR ARTICLES

Xausted,

Sorry to be such a dummy...but is this study of incest regarding minors with adults?

Blessings

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
i disagree. are you all ready for me to start posting ACTUAL evidence against incest....
what you all seem to forget is that as a student i have access to hundreds of journals, books etc.....as opposed to your wikipedia "knowledge"

i have no gripe with you , you have engaged in an interesting debate and i respect if not agree with your opinion

I was just saying that, whether or not your comments seemed insulting or personal, you didn't mean them to be. I know you disagree on the issue of incest, but that's not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.:)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Thank you, Jayne, for that article, but I would want a lot more clarification of the details involved before I used it for any conclusions.

+Xausted

I was just saying that, whether or not your comments seemed insulting or personal, you didn't mean them to be. I know you disagree on the issue of incest, but that's not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.:)
now i am confused...how did my comments seem offensive? i was accusing mestemia of begining to get personal.
i am sorry that my tone is now off, but it has bugged me

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Not to go on ..but I dont think anyone is suggesting its in any way O.K for an adult related or otherwise to have sex with a minor.I have friends that were molested repeatedly growing up by family members..

One woman was molested/raped by her stepdad from the age of 12 to around 16.She actually turned him in /reported it at around 17.Anyway she was messed up in the head for years..Was in therapy for 15 years.And I still dont beleive she is emotioanlly stable...Shes a very angry person.

Blessings

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
now i am confused...how did my comments seem offensive? i was accusing mestemia of begining to get personal.

I'm not saying you couldn't take something I or Mestemia said as offensive. But your comment about our flawed argument and the silliness of this could be taken as a tone you didn't mean. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I just wanted to make sure everyone else knew, too, to make sure it didn't get really personal.

Anyway, let's just stick to incest, shall we? :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Im going to jump in here..xausted the way I read this is that Mball was trying to explain to Mestemia that you had no ill will or intent in your comments.He was "defending" you in a sense...

Blessings

Dallas

+Xausted

Thank you, Jayne, for that article, but I would want a lot more clarification of the details involved before I used it for any conclusions.
i agree. the articles i was able to pull up were too long to post here, and as it has now crashed i cant get anymore at the mo.
that one on its own is not enough to reach any conclusions, but in the hundreds that are available i couldnt seem to find any that were saying it was ok. they maybe many that do but i couldnt find them.
there was one that traced the origins off it, but i only could get part of it...(my cookies wouldnt support it, or something), and it does seem from the abstract that in many societies thruoghout history it has been acceptable. so i take back if i said otherwise maybe
i couldnt gain assess to the medical ones as i am not of that department so i will abstain from the arguement that it is proven to cause abnormalities.( until i can find evidence otherwise of course, lol)
:areyoucra

+Xausted

I'm not saying you couldn't take something I or Mestemia said as offensive. But your comment about our flawed argument and the silliness of this could be taken as a tone you didn't mean. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I just wanted to make sure everyone else knew, too, to make sure it didn't get really personal.

i am leaving this debate. not because i think you have won ,as your arguements are as flawed as mine,but it is getting silly now.
i have underlined the point that says my argument was also flawed..so it could not have been taken as offensive as i was critizing myself also.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

i am leaving this debate. not because i think you have won ,as your arguements are as flawed as mine,but it is getting silly now.

I know. I'm not saying someone should take offense to it. I'm just saying that it could be misconstrued in the heat of the moment. I was trying to avoid that.