• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

incest

Random

is this for real. i can not believe that a father (and daughter) could do this.
Dad and daughter admit incest produced babies - CNN.com

Lot's of families inbreed @ the top strata of society, it's untrue that incest necessarily produces children with genetic disabilities or deformities. The stories about parents and children who engage sexually having been reunited latter on in life are the only one's you'll hear about though.

I personally don't have an opinion about it either way, it's none of my business. If a father and daughter or mother and son wish to have sex and enjoy it, sobeit. It's not the worst thing in the world, there are greater moral depravities all around us.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Incest is a weird concept to me, but, unless there is plenty of scientific evidence to support the idea that incestual babies have deformities, then I don't see why these people should be banned from their incestuous relationship. I don't agree with it, but there's a lot of worse stuff with which I don't agree that is legal. To each his/her own, as they say.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I'm worried about if the woman was molested as a child and was thus more inclined to do this with her father.

Fluffy

A fool
Hema said:
I'm worried about if the woman was molested as a child and was thus more inclined to do this with her father.
The same reflection is levelled at homosexuals.

+Xausted

oh it seems i am the only one a bit grossed out about this.
i have heard of genetic sexual attraction, as we recently in the uk had a similar situation aired (brother and sister) on tv. but if you read the article the mother disputes that they had had no contact for 30 years (i am not saying she is correct, only going on what i read).
its maybe just me then that thinks that we all should have self control over incestutious desires, there are billions of people in this world we all could sleep with, why does it have to be a member of your family? (it is nothing like homosexuality, which i see nothing wrong with, before anyone thinks i am implying that).
i will leave this thread alone then since i am obviously wrong :D

.lava

Veteran Member
how could a father see his own daughter that way? this is extremely sick :areyoucra

+Xausted

That's not obvious either. My view is that like many situations it's difficult to judge.
geezzz, i was joking. i need to post an announcement thread stating that everyone should not be either offended or take me seriously (unless otherwise stated)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
oh it seems i am the only one a bit grossed out about this.
i have heard of genetic sexual attraction, as we recently in the uk had a similar situation aired (brother and sister) on tv. but if you read the article the mother disputes that they had had no contact for 30 years (i am not saying she is correct, only going on what i read).
its maybe just me then that thinks that we all should have self control over incestutious desires, there are billions of people in this world we all could sleep with, why does it have to be a member of your family? (it is nothing like homosexuality, which i see nothing wrong with, before anyone thinks i am implying that).
i will leave this thread alone then since i am obviously wrong :D

You're not necessarily wrong. As I said, I don't agree with it myself, but that's just an opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong for being disgusted. I'm just saying that there's nothing inherently wrong with it. In fact, many animals are incestuous. I've had guinea pigs and gerbils which had babies before, and you have to seperate them at the right time, so that the male babies won't "jump" their mother.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... Usually people just naturally are not sexually attracted to someone whom they have lived with for so long, like parents and siblings, but sometimes they are... and all of that about the deformed babies... Well, I was told, in Anthropology, that producing a baby where the mother and father have similar DNA increases the likelyhood of certain traits being passed on the the baby... But these traites could be good or bad...

I know I'd never do that, but I also would never want to reproduce with anyone else either... And I am definately not attracted to my own father, but if they both want to do that then I'd say let them...

+Xausted

You're not necessarily wrong. As I said, I don't agree with it myself, but that's just an opinion. I'm not saying you're wrong for being disgusted. I'm just saying that there's nothing inherently wrong with it. In fact, many animals are incestuous. I've had guinea pigs and gerbils which had babies before, and you have to seperate them at the right time, so that the male babies won't "jump" their mother.
are you comparing me (or us to be more exact) to a gerbil??????:D

texan1

After all the debating on this forum about who is or isn't going to Hell based on their beliefs, it's nice to see that people can at least come to agreement on the fact that if a man and his daughter want to have children, that's cool. Live and let live.

WHAT???????????