• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imagine that Native American come to your home to kick you out

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok.Let me explain
What you think about recent acts in Shiekh jarrah.
Kicked arabs families by Jews.
Far as I know, the Jews have a 19th century deed to the land. The land was rented to those Arabs, but they stopped paying rent at some point. The Jews have every right to kick them off.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Far as I know, the Jews have a 19th century deed to the land. The land was rented to those Arabs, but they stopped paying rent at some point. The Jews have every right to kick them off.
Really, every single Jewish person, anywhere in the world, has a deed to a patch of land in Israel. How does that work?
Would I have to mail in some kind of document to the Israeli government to get a share of Palestina?

What about all the residents of the area who have converted away from Judaism in the last two millenia since the Roman conquest, do they get their own deed to Israel or is that only for currently practicing Jews?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Wait...
There are Native Americans going door to door in Europe kicking Arabs out of their homes?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
So does every Jew have a deed to the land or not?
Why would they? Has every Jew already come to Israel and bought land? Last time I checked, over half of the world's Jews live outside of Israel.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's not about rent.
It's about Israeli law allows to Jews to claim land or home.
I do believe Arabs treated badly and unjustice by this Jewish country. due to their race and religion.Can't hide bad reality.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not about rent.
It's about Israeli law
You're absolutely right, it's not about rent. But that was the agreement that was reached between the organization that has owned the houses since before the establishment of the State of Israel and the Arabs that forced their way into the houses post 1948. When they stopped paying, they stopped upholding their end of the deal. No reason to allow them to stay.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You're absolutely right, it's not about rent. But that was the agreement that was reached between the organization that has owned the houses since before the establishment of the State of Israel and the Arabs that forced their way into the houses post 1948. When they stopped paying, they stopped upholding their end of the deal. No reason to allow them to stay.

you mean like the way Jews forced themselves into Arab homes after 1948

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I don't think that main reason.It was NOT about payment.
I don't think Israeli court or police treat same. Arab not equal to jews in Israel.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think that main reason.It was about payment.
I don't think Israeli court or police treat same. Arab not equal to jews.
Don't think. I don't care. Show me the facts. Bring evidence from real court cases. Good luck.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Show you facts that Israel did crimes killed innocents by name of defence in Gaza and Lebanon ? Oh sorry the victims not jews so don't care.
Wow. What an incredibly sad deflection. Now, let's get back on topic and bring evidence that Israel treats its Arab citizens differently from its Jewish citizens.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Far as I know, the Jews have a 19th century deed to the land. The land was rented to those Arabs, but they stopped paying rent at some point.
If these Jews continued to maintain that they owned the land, I trust that there would be more than a century of them asserting their ownership: past due invoices, filings to have their "tenants" evicted for non-payment, etc.

The Jews have every right to kick them off.
No, the Jews have every right to have their concerns heard by an impartial tribunal that will consider the strength of the claims of both sides, the effects of each side's desired course of action, and then make a decision that balances justice, equity, and minimization of harm.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Arabs and Jews rally together to stop the violence

Jews and Arabs are planning to rally together on Friday, calling for an end to violence in mixed communities.

In Eilat, a rally of "Jews and Arabs - refusing to be enemies" is planned in the afternoon in the square in front of the sea.

A similar rally is planned at the Jaffa Clock Tower at 4 p.m. in which women and girls will protest the violence, dressed in white, according to the Facebook event.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Why would they? Has every Jew already come to Israel and bought land? Last time I checked, over half of the world's Jews live outside of Israel.
So which Jews have "a 19th century deed to the land", then? And which "land", specifically?