• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earthtank

Race mixing is scientifically proven to have detrimental consequences such as mixed race people having infertility, lower IQ, mental health issues, defects/disabilities, etc. due to being mixed.

While i doubt any of that is scientific, i must say i do agree with this statement and that you are proof that most of those things are true.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't buy that.

I'm a single race (as far as I know), but hope for a world where the races mix thoroughly and most of the world is brown.

I know of one person who is a mix of four "races" - Asian, black, American Indian, and white - and that's golfer Tiger Woods. It didn't seem to hurt him too much. He dominated his sport in his prime. From What Is a Cablinasian? It's What Tiger Woods Claims as His Ethnicity :

Woods' Parents Both Multi-Ethnic

Woods' mother, Kultida, is a native of Thailand whose own ancestry includes Chinese and Dutch. She once referred to herself as "half-Thai, one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter white."

Woods' father, Earl, was an African-American whose heritage included white, Asian and Native American ancestors. Earl Woods once called himself, "half-black, one-quarter American Indian, and one-quarter Chinese."

So Tiger Woods' racial and ethnic heritage is predominantly black and Asian, but also includes white and Native American ancestry.
Would Muhammad Ali been great if he weren't Irish?
(One drop rule makes him so, but he's part black.)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I'm mixed race and I'm 100% against race mixing/interracial relationships. Because:

1. Race mixing is racism/race hatred. How is mixing your race and your racial line out of existence not race hatred/self hatred? Every person I've ever asked has been unable to answer this. It would also ultimately destroy diversity.

2. Race mixing is scientifically proven to have detrimental consequences such as mixed race people having infertility, lower IQ, mental health issues, defects/disabilities, etc. due to being mixed.

Mixed people are more likely to have a variety of medical issues.
Sources:
- White-Asian children are twice as likely as Asians to have mental illness. Biracial Asian Americans and Mental Health
- White/Black babies are less healthy than White babies. Prematurity and Low Birth Weight as Potential Mediators of Higher Stillbirth Risk in Mixed Black/White Race Couples
- Mixed race couples are more likely to have stillborn babies than same-race couples. Adverse perinatal outcomes among interracial couples in the United States. - PubMed - NCBI
- Black-White children are more likely than both Black and Whites to make poor decisions. The Plight of Mixed Race Adolescents
- Mixed race kids suffer from low self-esteem, social isolation, and poor family dynamics. Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity
- Mixed race children are more likely to have health problems, high stress, smoke, and drink. Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity
- Interracial people cannot receive certain organ donations. Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com
Got some bad news for you, EVERYONE is mix3d race, the only questions are to what degree and how far back their lineages diverged.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No one (except perhaps for some Nazis or such ilk) disputes that we're related.
But you can't fight xenophobia by telling such people that there are no negroes,
caucasians, asians, etc. They'll look around....see different races....& dismiss
you as crazy.
However, I'll agree that making Jewish, Mexican, Muslim, etc into races is bogus.

Like i said, People can believe whatever suites their xenophobic tendencies.

Cooky

Veteran Member
That's just time. People can believe whatever suites their xenophobic tendencies, genetics shows us all to be related. Hoes that grab ya brother ;-)

I suppose you meant to say "how's that grab you brother?", with a question mark? :eek:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ok, I was wondering if you were embracing something else in regards to mingling.

Nope, just yer bog standard dyslexia and intelligent autocorrect that is really very dumb. If its not highlighted as an error or it changes my misspelling to a legal word so its it highlighted the it passes my non existent filters

Cooky

Veteran Member
Got some bad news for you, EVERYONE is mix3d race, the only questions are to what degree and how far back their lineages diverged.

Not to mention, it's funny how the most widely diverse populations where mixed breeding is at it's full potential, is where great economic successes tend to take place. Look at ancient Greece, Rome and the United States.

...All three the big melting pots in their heyday.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I'm mixed race and I'm 100% against race mixing/interracial relationships. Because:

1. Race mixing is racism/race hatred. How is mixing your race and your racial line out of existence not race hatred/self hatred? Every person I've ever asked has been unable to answer this. It would also ultimately destroy diversity.

2. Race mixing is scientifically proven to have detrimental consequences such as mixed race people having infertility, lower IQ, mental health issues, defects/disabilities, etc. due to being mixed.

Sources:
- White-Asian children are twice as likely as Asians to have mental illness. Biracial Asian Americans and Mental Health
- White/Black babies are less healthy than White babies. Prematurity and Low Birth Weight as Potential Mediators of Higher Stillbirth Risk in Mixed Black/White Race Couples
- Mixed race couples are more likely to have stillborn babies than same-race couples. Adverse perinatal outcomes among interracial couples in the United States. - PubMed - NCBI
- Black-White children are more likely than both Black and Whites to make poor decisions. The Plight of Mixed Race Adolescents
- Mixed race kids suffer from low self-esteem, social isolation, and poor family dynamics. Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity
- Mixed race children are more likely to have health problems, high stress, smoke, and drink. Health and Behavior Risks of Adolescents with Mixed-Race Identity
- Interracial people cannot receive certain organ donations. Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

My niece is a white female married to a man of Filipino descent, they have two very bright and happy children, my great niece and great nephew are very beautiful human beings. I now consider the human race as being the only race.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If you'd like to know my honest opinion about it, here it is: I'm all for it! We'd be a better looking species, and we'd have one less thing to hate about each other -- and that's worth something!
In 1967 I was a third grader living in a very white world, Greenwood Indiana. The racial strife was raging around the country.

Our teachers were very good about discussing all this, in age appropriate way. We were carefully taught all the right things, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." and "We're all God's children."

I still remember a conversation between my teacher and the class. It was about interracial marriages and biracial children. The euphemism she used for biracial children was "little brown babies".
I still remember her saying "Now, wouldn't it be better if there were more little brown babies?" And I remember the light bulb going off in my unsophisticated 9 y/o mind. "Yeah, that's what we need. More little brown babies!" Even I could see that blurring the line between black and white people, as groups, had to be an improvement. One less thing to cause division and strife.

Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Sources:
The way I see it, you just end up with a new race of people.

There's actually pros and cons with race mixing. You can look at the detriment, but maybe see the benefits as well.

I have no problems with eugenics. In fact, I support it because it helps with things like intelligence, appearances, dispositions and such. Deriding any person's race as inferior or such however can lead to societal dangers as history has shown us.

Race should have nothing to do with anything. It's more important alternatively to look at individual genetic traits instead.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Since the beginning of human existence we have cross-bred - latest evidence suggests that Neanderthals didn't die out, they were interbred with other human species.
Europe is a combination of many races, the UK we're known as Anglo-Saxons.

Interbreeding is good, race purity is not.

I have some Neanderthal DNA, and I'm perfectly healthy. ....:)