• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm permanently awestruck by convergent evolution. @shunyadragon knows my dilemma. :oops:

...I mean the odds of two different species becoming so similar in appearance must be 1 in 50 google. Yet we see it all the time. And there's not enough time in the universe for it to happen twice or 5 times on planet earth. But it does. With "flight", it's like 7 times, *completely* unrelated.

View attachment 35982 View attachment 35983

'must be 1 in 50 google?' ?!?!?!?

Convergent evolution is far too common for odds to be a factor. The determining factor in convergent evolution is the environment, and the opportunistic nature of the adaptive nature of life in evolution.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Very interesting thread @An Dà Shealladh

Posts like yours are certainly against the grain of where liberal society wants to go today but I think it is good that we give skeptical challenges to keep mainstream thinking healthy. My honest thoughts would be called racist (implying wrong and evil) by many even though I have no malice or dislike of anyone but I also want to be honest with my rational thinking and not be bullied by current 'good' society.

My thought is that race mixing has its good and bad biological effects. For example, I believe mixed black/white people for biological/genetic reasons do better overall in modern society than black people but not as well as white people.

I am white and I like to see the white biological and genetic attributes remain strong in the human race. Even though I have no malice towards others, my view will be held as horrible by many. The liberal brainwash is that there is no such thing as ethnic groups having differences that result in physical, behavioral or mental result disproportions in modern society.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It's the purebred humans who get sickle cell anemia. Us hybrids don't.

...Proof interbreeding is healthy.

Cycle cell anemia had an adaptive advantage in Africa for resistance against malaria and some other tropical diseases, In the North the mixing with Neanderthals gave humans adaptive advantages for living in the Northern latitudes.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Very interesting thread @An Dà Shealladh

Posts like yours are certainly against the grain of where liberal society wants to go today but I think it is good that we give skeptical challenges to keep mainstream thinking healthy. My honest thoughts would be called racist (implying wrong and evil) by many even though I have no malice or dislike of anyone but I also want to be honest with my rational thinking and not be bullied by current 'good' society.

My thought is that race mixing has its good and bad biological effects. For example, I believe mixed black/white people for biological/genetic reasons do better overall in modern society than black people but not as well as white people.

I am white and I like to see the white biological and genetic attributes remain strong in the human race. Even though I have no malice towards others, my view will be held as horrible by many. The liberal brainwash is that there is no such thing as ethnic groups having differences that result in physical, behavioral or mental result disproportions in modern society.
How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century - Science in the News

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My niece is a white female married to a man of Filipino descent, they have two very bright and happy children, my great niece and great nephew are very beautiful human beings. I now consider the human race as being the only race.
I like that better than my response.

dianaiad

I'm mixed race and I'm 100% against race mixing/interracial relationships....snip bushwa...

I am about as 'pure' a celt as it's possible to be; red headed, blue eyed, very little melanin (my fondest wish as a teenager was that my freckles would someday join together and become a tan...never happened, but I burned a lot).

My husband was anything BUT 'pure' anything. African American, Native American, hispanic (which is, basically, native american/spanish/something) with about 10% Irish/scandanavian in there somewhere.

My kids, therefore, are about as 'mixed race' as it's possible to be, and they are all not only beautiful, they are all healthy geniuses.

So there.

Heavens, I hate idiocy.

dianaiad

But it's mostly whites who voted for Trump, so they certainly ain't that smart.

Smarter than the folks who didn't.

As an aside, and to get to the meat of the thread, the human species is more homogenious than almost (I say almost, because there might be one or two other species that are more...I just don't know what they are) any other species on the planet. Orangutangs are more genetically diverse than we are. Horses are. Dogs are. Mountain gorillas are.

In other words, there really isn't any such thing as 'interbreeding.' The only real danger to us is becoming INBRED...that is, one group of people inbreeding with only 'their own.' That way lies diseases peculiar to one group...like, oh, Tay Sachs or sickle cell or other nastinesses.

Not to mention that 'mixed breed' (I really hate that term) children tend to be beautiful. Period.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Australian Aborigines are not related to negroid or mongoloid

Why would we be accountable to answering a concocted straw man? When my wife and I fell in love it was just a natural occurrence, we were not sitting around rubbing our hands gleefully plotting the annihilation of the white/black race.

Nonsense, aside from the fact that some will be born wholly white or wholly black, the random gene mutation responsible for human diversity would hardly grind to a halt due to race mixing.
I am about as 'pure' a celt as it's possible to be; red headed, blue eyed, very little melanin (my fondest wish as a teenager was that my freckles would someday join together and become a tan...never happened, but I burned a lot).

My husband was anything BUT 'pure' anything. African American, Native American, hispanic (which is, basically, native american/spanish/something) with about 10% Irish/scandanavian in there somewhere.

My kids, therefore, are about as 'mixed race' as it's possible to be, and they are all not only beautiful, they are all healthy geniuses.

So there.

Heavens, I hate idiocy.
I'm mixed with Hispanic, Latino, Mexican, Asian, African, European, Middle Eastern, Peruvian, etc. I can be considered the final outcome/epitome of race mixing. This thread keeps getting more and more disturbing as racists are coming out of the woodwork to justify their actions of mixing other races out of existence. You also never addressed the scientific citations used to back up my claims - I personally grew up in a mixed race family and I've seen how race mixing ruins lives + what being mixed psychologically does to a person. People like you, like the ones (my ancestors) who destroyed my racial line and committed racism truly make my blood boil and remind me why I must keep going + spreading education and the scientific facts about the dangers of race mixing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Smarter than the folks who didn't.
Ya, I'm one of those idiots who can't bring themselves to vote for a materialistic hedonist who's as dishonest as the day is long. So, in choosing to believe in what Jesus' taught, my foolishness left me no choice but to not vote for the likes of Trump.

Anyhow, we all make our choices, and our choices generally reflect our feelings and attitudes of right versus wrong.

IOW, Trump v Jesus: you clearly have made your choice, thus we aren't likely to agree on much of anything that deals with basic Judeo-Christian morality.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Ya, I'm one of those idiots who can't bring themselves to vote for a materialistic hedonist who's as dishonest as the day is long. So, in choosing to believe in what Jesus' taught, my foolishness left me no choice but to not vote for the likes of Trump.

Anyhow, we all make our choices, and our choices generally reflect our feelings and attitudes of right versus wrong.

IOW, Trump v Jesus: you clearly have made your choice, thus we aren't likely to agree on much of anything that deals with basic Judeo-Christian morality.

Sheesh, you make sound like Trump is the anti-Christ, summoned straight from hell itself.

...It's really not Trump v Jesus. We're all sinners, metis.

dianaiad

I'm a firm believer in the separation of church and state. Unlike you, I do not consider my faith in Christ to be utterly dependent upon who I vote for. I especially do not consider my faith in Christ to be dependent upon who YOU think I should vote for. Neither do others who share my religious beliefs. If they did, we would excommunicate all the liberals. Or at least, I would go for that. The East Coast Mormons (who tend to BE liberal) would probably advocate for excommunicating me.

In other words, metis, my religious beliefs are completely separate from my political ones, and people who insist that those who disagree with them politically are somehow immoral is the reason the Constitution insisted upon eliminating a state religion in the first place.