• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idaho bans transgender person from athletics or changing gender of birth certificates

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
No amount of study by these "medical professionals" can change children into consenting adults.
So you want children dying of burst appendix and such because they can't consent and medical opinions are insufficient basis to give children operations. Good to know.

JesusKnowsYou

I didn't say "the right" at all. What I said was "the tribal right" which is very different. If you can't be bothered to read what people actually say, and wish to have a conversation based purely on what you imagine people say rather than what they actually say, I'll leave you to it.

Enjoy making up your silly strawmen to justify your martyr-lite fantasies. Goodbye.
Wow. You seem to lack very basic reading comprehension skills.

In the third line of my last post I literally said,

"In Post #2 you said, "the tribal right" - I did not include your "tribal" descriptor when I referred to "the right" as Trump." (Bold, italics and underline added)

Your criticism is completely baseless.

I was unwilling to label "the right" as "tribal" - because I do not agree with that description of the right and would argue that it is more accurate of the left.

Either way - whether I mentioned your descriptor of "tribal" or not is irrelevant (I did) - because that word was used to describe "the right".

You were talking about "the right" and I was talking about "the right".

The only reason you are making such a big deal about this is because you do not wish to answer my questions.

You're running scared.

JesusKnowsYou

Here, have a claim of numerical superiority that I plucked from my fundament and will provide absolutely no justification for.
Why didn't you feel the need to point this out when Shadow Wolf used the very same claim?

She said in Post #75, "Plenty of us do not see medical intervention as abuse."

Where is your demand that she provide justification for her claim?

Why is it okay if she uses this claim - without providing justification - but you take issue when I do?

Basically - you're a hypocrite.

Heyo

Veteran Member
No amount of study by these "medical professionals" can change children into consenting adults.
No, time does hat. The reason for puberty suppressing therapy is to allow the children a time-out.
It is respecting the feelings of the children without forcing them to make a decision yet.
It is also medically a wise thing to do. If the young adult decides to transition, it is less invasive to work on a body that hasn't gone through puberty. If s/he decides not to transition, the hormone treatment is suspended and puberty will occur naturally, just some time later.

The real difference is therefore: are you an authoritarian who wants to tell people what they can and can not do - or do you believe "that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."?

JesusKnowsYou

Good thing medicine and science aren't popularity contests.
Thank you for admitting that more people consider hormone replacement for children to be child abuse.

Also - you trying to criticize me for making this a "popularity contest" makes no sense since you were the one who first tried using this arguing point when you said,

"Plenty of us do not see medical intervention as abuse."

It was you who was trying to argue that what is actual child abuse was decided by consensus.

Don't you see what I did there?

I used the exact same argument that you did.

It was an acceptable argument when you used it but a bad argument when I used it.

That's called hypocrisy.
I see none.
There is hypocrisy in what you said because you and others are trying to use your own "beliefs and opinions" to "overrule" accepted facts about children and their inability to give consent.

I child cannot give consent - therefore - no hormone replacement or sex reassignment surgeries for children.

Last edited:

JesusKnowsYou

No, time does hat. The reason for puberty suppressing therapy is to allow the children a time-out.
It is respecting the feelings of the children without forcing them to make a decision yet.
It is also medically a wise thing to do. If the young adult decides to transition, it is less invasive to work on a body that hasn't gone through puberty. If s/he decides not to transition, the hormone treatment is suspended and puberty will occur naturally, just some time later.

The real difference is therefore: are you an authoritarian who wants to tell people what they can and can not do - or do you believe "that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."?
Research has shown that the vast majority of gender dysphoric children outgrow their dysphoria by adolescence (80%-94%) - therefore - we should wait until they have reached cognitive maturity before allowing them to make such decisions.

They are children and children cannot consent.

We should let science lead the way - not ideologues.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thank you for admitting that more people consider hormone replacement for children to be child abuse.
That is called bearing false witness. Quit lying and making up things and claiming I said them when I did not.
There is hypocrisy in what you said because you and others are trying to use your own "beliefs and opinions" to "overrule" accepted facts about children and their inability to give consent.
Science and medicine are not born of beliefsand opinions but rooted in testing amd evidence.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I agree with you.
I don't think that allowing children to choose such interventions in their physical development is a good thing. I consider it child abuse.

Similarly, I don't think teaching children that sex is inherently bad if it's with a same sex partner is a good thing. I consider it child abuse.

Does that help you understand why I compared your posts(in that other thread) to child abuse? That I think teaching kids what you believe about homosex is another form of child abuse?
Tom

JesusKnowsYou

That is called bearing false witness. Quit lying and making up things and claiming I said them when I did not.
You seem to be having issues following along.

This all began in Post #71 when I said, "I consider any kind of hormonal replacement or medical experimentation on children to be abuse."

To which you responded by saying in Post #75, "Plenty of us do not see medical intervention as abuse."

This caused me to respond in Post #78 with, "More of us believe that it is."

Then you responded in Post #87 with, "Good thing medicine and science aren't popularity contests."

You claimed that medicine and science not being "popularity contests" was a "good thing" because the majority of people believe that "hormonal replacement or medical experimentation" on children is child abuse.

If medicine and science were "popularity contests" then your fanatical agenda would be squashed because the majority of people would decide not to abuse children with "
hormonal replacement or medical experimentation".

Therefore - your claim that medicine and science not being "popularity contests" was a "good thing" only makes sense when you yourself also recognize the fact that the majority of people consider "hormonal replacement or medical experimentation" to be child abuse.

Basically - you admitted "that more people consider hormone replacement for children to be child abuse." - as I said.

No bearing false witness. No lying. No making things up.

Just holding you accountable for the things that you said.
Science and medicine are not born of beliefs and opinions but rooted in testing and evidence.
I find this funny. I don't see you separating your beliefs and opinions from science and medicine at all.

Either way - hormonal replacement testing on children is immoral because children cannot consent to such testing.

Children are being used as guinea pigs - as you freely admitted - and it should stop.

JesusKnowsYou

I agree with you.
I don't think that allowing children to choose such interventions in their physical development is a good thing. I consider it child abuse.

Similarly, I don't think teaching children that sex is inherently bad if it's with a same sex partner is a good thing. I consider it child abuse.

Does that help you understand why I compared your posts(in that other thread) to child abuse? That I think teaching kids what you believe about homosex is another form of child abuse?
Tom
Oh. I thought it was against the rules to talk about other threads?

I say this tentatively (because I don't want to get in trouble) I see a world of difference between an action (a medical procedure) and sharing an opinion.

Now - I never claimed that I or anyone else should be going around telling other people's kids what kind of sex to have or not have.

I have always maintained that that discussion should be had between parents and their children.

The idea that parents sharing their beliefs with their children can be considered child abuse is terrifying and immoral.

I say this because child abuse can lead to children being taken away from their parents.

If abuse can be decided on what is or is not considered "politically correct" - then that could be used as a bludgeon to force all people to think and act a certain way.

All parents should be able to teach their children according to their own conscience.

That's a lot different than signing them up for life-altering medical procedures.

Don't think anymore about that past thread bro. It's done. I'm not going to bring it up again.

We disagree, but we both care. That means a lot more to me than being right.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Aren't "most" and "majority" synonymous?
As far as I can tell, my original word was "plenty." To speak on my character, you most likely are wrong on this because I am very careful in chosing words of vague estimations and nonspecific quantities. I'm also often aware of the "popularity" of many of my views, including those that rank low among my peers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Aren't "most" and "majority" synonymous?

How did I put any words in your mouth?

I'm genuinely confused.
Amd to give a more clear example, the majority of Americans reject evolution, or accept it but attach divine guidance to it, and also believe in things like ghosts. But there are plenty enough of us who don't that it's very inaccurate to characterize the behavior of all Americans.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Amd to give a more clear example, the majority of Americans reject evolution, or accept it but attach divine guidance to it, and also believe in things like ghosts. But there are plenty enough of us who don't that it's very inaccurate to characterize the behavior of all Americans.
Just to keep things straight, only 18% of US adults don't believe in evolution. But to characterize this 18% as "plenty" is really stretching things. That's only 9 out of every 50 people.

FT_19.02.11_darwinDay420px.png

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just to keep things straight, only 18% of US adults don't believe in evolution. But to characterize this 18% as "plenty" is really stretching things. That's only 9 out of every 50 people.
FT_19.02.11_darwinDay420px.png

Just to keep things straight, 66% of that chart confirms exactly what I said.