• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idaho bans transgender person from athletics or changing gender of birth certificates

JesusKnowsYou

Its actually rare for a minor to be prescribed hormones (most doctors will not do it).
Praise the Lord!
You'd know this is you knew real facts and information about this instead of clinging to your beliefs instead of educating yourself on this.
I actually did already know this.

However - it is a fact that is irrelevant to both your claims and my arguments against your claims.
And, BTW, yes, children can consent such as how teens can consent and choose which parent they live with of the parents separate.
I don't think that has anything to do with consent.

Making a choice and giving consent are not the same thing.

Unless - of course - the parents asked the child to choose if they should get a divorce or not - then maybe you could argue consent at that point.

JesusKnowsYou

Most of us know lomg before puberty.
That is not accurate.

As I have shared multiple times already - the vast/overwhelming majority of children who claim to suffer from gender dysphoria "outgrow" it during their adolescence.

Of course - that would imply that there are those who do not "outgrow" it - but it is adolescence (i.e. puberty) that "separates the wheat from the tares" so-to-speak.

We want to "weed out" those who don't actually want to transition before even thinking about any puberty blockers or hormones or anything.

Either way - it is not "most" of you who know long before puberty.

That is not accurate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I have shared multiple times already
All you've shared are no links and ignorance of the subject, to the point of trying to pass of stuff like you know to someone who is both transgenderand a mental health professional. I dare say, I've studied the subject to far greater extent than any other member here.
Again, most of us knew when we were very young. Clinically, this is classified as "early onset." You want to say it's not most of us, but if you polled us that is exactly what you'd find.

JesusKnowsYou

All you've shared are no links and ignorance of the subject, to the point of trying to pass of stuff like you know to someone who is both transgenderand a mental health professional.
You say this while providing no links that combat what I have stated.

You being a transgendered person does not mean you are properly informed or right.

You being a mental health professional does not mean you are properly informed or right.
I dare say, I've studied the subject to far greater extent than any other member here.
This is an unverifiable statement.

I am not about to claim that you haven't studied this topic more or less than anyone else.

But you are wrong in this instance. That is just a fact.

The majority of children who suffer from gender dysphoria "outgrow" it during adolescence.

A Sexology Today article referenced 11 studies and concluded that,

"Despite the differences in country, culture, decade, and follow-up length and method, all the studies have come to a remarkably similar conclusion: Only very few trans- kids still want to transition by the time they are adults."

Sexology Today!: Do trans- kids stay trans- when they grow up?
Again, most of us knew when we were very young.
Who is "us" in this statement?

If this "us" you are referring to are children who later transitioned as adults - then I would agree with you.

Unfortunately - kids are impressionable and vulnerable and the majority of those kids who claim to have gender dysphoria "outgrow" it by the time they are adults.

I understand that you and your "us" knew from an earlier age - but believe it or not - you guys are the minority.

I want you and your "us" to get whatever you need to feel better - but not if it involves taking advantage of children or harming others.
Clinically, this is classified as "early onset." You want to say it's not most of us, but if you polled us that is exactly what you'd find.
Yes - I am well aware of the term "early onset" - it is used for many conditions.

I agree that if I were to poll adults who have transitioned who had "early onset" gender dysphoria that they would claim that they always knew.

However - if we polled every adult who ever suffered from gender dysphoria - even cases of "early onset" - the majority would claim that they "outgrew" it during adolescence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But you are wrong in this instance. That is just a fact.
Hiw many trans people ha e you talked to? You want to say you onow how we are, but it's obvious you have never had much discourse or knowledge in this area. Wbat you are saying is a minority, again of you polled us you will find I am correct and that early onset gender dysphoria is more common than an onset later in life.

JesusKnowsYou

Nothing you just said made any sense.
Hiw many trans people ha e you talked to? You want to say you onow how we are, but it's obvious you have never had much discourse or knowledge in this area.
I do not need to have talked to a single transgender person in order to read and understand these studies I have referenced.

I also don't need to have a degree in gender studies to read and understand these studies I have referenced.

No one needs first-hand knowledge of a subject in order to read and understand the research performed by those who have first-hand knowledge.

You keep trying to offer up anecdotal evidence while ignoring the empirical.

It makes no sense. It is strictly an appeal to emotion.
Wbat you are saying is a minority, again of you polled us you will find I am correct and that early onset gender dysphoria is more common than an onset later in life.
Again - this makes no sense.

Whether or not "early onset" is more common than onset later is irrelevant to everything we have been discussing.

The majority of children who claimed to suffer from gender dysphoria "outgrow" it during their adolescent years.

That is a fact.

Whether or not those individuals who actually transitioned later on in life knew they were transgender early on is irrelevant.

Everything you have been offering up is either completely irrelevant or anecdotal.

You keep claiming that I am ignoring science and medicine - but you are the one who is ignoring the empirical evidence and pushing your ideology.

You don't care how many children who are not actually transgender could get hurt in your pursuit to make transitions for the actual transgender kids "easier".

You have to sift these children first before making any attempts at transitioning and puberty is the most effective filter that helps us discover which kids were just temporarily confused or are in need of actual help.

You are hurting your own cause.

JesusKnowsYou

False equivalence.
The fact that most gender dysphoric kids don't transition doesn't falsify that those who do transition knew about it before puberty.
I never said that it did.

Shadow Wolf failed to clarify who this "us" was referring to.

If "us" was referring to "people who transition" - then of course me comment does not apply to them.

If - however - the "us" is a reference to "children who claim to suffer from gender dysphoria" - then my comment is completely accurate.

Either way - my pointing out that "most" children who claim to suffer from gender dysphoria "outgrow" it during adolescence has nothing to do with those who eventually transition.

I made no attempt to claim that those who eventually transition did not "know" that they suffered from gender dysphoria before puberty.

I only accurately claimed that "most" children who claim to suffer from gender dysphoria "outgrow" it during adolescence.

That is a fact.

JesusKnowsYou

Obviously you didn't or you wouldn't be going on like it's a real thing.
You're confused.

It has been your argument that children should be able to choose to undergo hormone replacement therapy.

I have been bringing up these facts to combat your argument - nothing else.

JesusKnowsYou

You've not cited a single thing, but instead have made a number of false claims.
So - you are both misrepresenting what I say and ignoring my posts.

I never claimed that minors getting hormone replacement therapy was mainstream or not rare.

You were the one who said that I did.

I also shared a link that referenced eleven studies on this subject after you claimed to know more about this than anyone else on this site.

You ignore empirical evidence and fall-back on anecdotal with the hope of appealing to emotion.

You attempt to misrepresent what I say and don't read my posts.

You're all over the place.