• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idaho bans transgender person from athletics or changing gender of birth certificates

Shaul

Premium Member
Idaho has passed legislation to prevent transgender person from participating in female athletics. The first state to do so. It also passed legislation to prevent transgender persons from changing the gender of their birth certificates. Two other states have passed similar legislation.

Idaho becomes first U.S. state to ban trans athletes

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The real issues. The tribal right is going for a wedge issues play in the face of a global pandemic they did nothing to prevent.

upload_2020-4-1_1-35-35.jpeg

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What hateful garbage. We have a pandemic going on and this is what some choose to focus on? Shouldn't be surprised that it comes from an insignificant craphole like Idaho. Funny that the only movie that I can think of with the word Idaho in its name is a gay movie (My Private Idaho). :rolleyes:

Shaul

Premium Member
What hateful garbage. We have a pandemic going on and this is what some choose to focus on? Shouldn't be surprised that it comes from an insignificant craphole like Idaho. Funny that the only movie that I can think of with the word Idaho in its name is a gay movie (My Private Idaho). :rolleyes:
Do you know the names of lots of gay movies?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
More anti-science and medical rubbish in a time when Republican anti-science and medicine rhetoric are especially wrong and dangerous.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Idaho has passed legislation to prevent transgender person from participating in female athletics. The first state to do so. It also passed legislation to prevent transgender persons from changing the gender of their birth certificates. Two other states have passed similar legislation.

Glad I'm never moving to Idaho. Screw them, and the anti-abortion advocates in the south.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That's wonderful. Divisiveness in a time of global crisis. Someone must still be in denial.

Skwim

Veteran Member
What hateful garbage. We have a pandemic going on and this is what some choose to focus on?
Not that I agree with the state's involvement, because I don't, I hope you're not suggesting that governmental entities should come to a stand still just because there's one issue that dominates all others. Life and governance does go on.

Now, that said, while I go along with preventing trans-females from competing against regular females, for what I think should be obvious reasons, I don't see any reason such prohibition or control needs to come from the government. I would think the governing athletic agencies involved in overseeing a sport/sports, such as the Amateur Athletic Union, or those of individual states, like the Indiana High School Athletic Association,‎ ‎would be quite capable of handling the matter. Making it a state law is ridiculous beyond belief.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not that I agree with the state's involvement, because I don't, I hope you're not suggesting that governmental entities should come to a stop just because there's one issue that dominates all others. Life and governance does go on.

Now, that said, while I go along with preventing trans-females from competing against regular females, for what I think should be obvious reasons, I don't see any reason such prohibition or control needs to come from the government. I would think the governing athletic agencies involved in overseeing a sport/sports, such as the Amateur Athletic Union, or those of individual states, like the Indiana High School Athletic Association,‎ ‎would be quite capable of handling the matter. Making it a state law is ridiculous beyond belief.

There is no reason a MtF who had an estrogenic puberty shluld not be allowed to compete as they would have nine of the advantages of those who had an androgenic puberty.

Shaul

Premium Member
Amazing how some here base their criticism on the timing. The world of legislation hasn’t stopped because of a pandemic. Do people really think all the processes of legislation should stop? I would suggest this legislation has been in process long before anyone had heard of the coronavirus. The timing is a red herring.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Amazing how some here base their criticism on the timing. The world of legislation hasn’t stopped because of a pandemic. Do people really think all the processes of legislation should stop? I would suggest this legislation has been in process long before anyone had heard of the coronavirus. The timing is a red herring.
It's called priorities.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And I'd like to point out, when the tragedy is a school shooting, it's always "too soon" for legislative action, because "there's a tragedy and people need time to mourn."

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, it's not the timing of the legislation. It's your timing choosing to post this.

Shaul

Premium Member
It's called priorities.
No, it’s not. It’s called coincidence. Or are you suggesting that months ago when this legislation was introduced, long before anyone knew of the current coronavirus pandemic, that its authors knew the pandemic would happen and planned on having it signed into law right now?

Coincidence, not priorities.

Shaul

Premium Member
No, it's not the timing of the legislation. It's your timing choosing to post this.
What are you talking about? I didn’t schedule when this legislation was passed. I posted it when it happened. Are you suggesting we can’t talk about anything else but coronavirus now? Seriously?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There is no reason a MtF who had an estrogenic puberty shluld not be allowed to compete as they would have nine of the advantages of those who had an androgenic puberty.
While I disagree with this, there are many advantages to male physiology, I'm in agreement with @Skwim. There's no reason for the government to get involved in private affairs. And they're really bad at it. Let the involved parties decide how to play.
Tom