• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'd Like an Argument, Please

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
the movement is real
the movement 'tweaks' everything around it

space is 'real'....it's that nothing in between point a and b

Which is why Einstein called it "space-time"; seeing both "space" and "time" as one object.

Here is an interesting article that describes the controversy among physicists that you are alluding to:

http://www.space.com/29859-the-illusion-of-time.html

If leading physicists are divided and not come to a consensus, then your bold assertion is an opinion (which you have every right to have) and not fact.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So I'm a Christian without a religion, as I'm unsure what denomination gets it. Thought it might be fun and I might learn something to debate some topic regarding Christianity, such as why one denomination is better than another, or why some other religion is better than Christianity in general, or why atheism why atheism is better than any religion. I'm easy. Suggest a topic of discussion.

[emoji4]

Perhaps give some ideas about what you do think is true, what you think is 'christianity', so forth. We can't tell you why your wrong, if you don't present any positions.

Milton Platt

So I'm a Christian without a religion, as I'm unsure what denomination gets it. Thought it might be fun and I might learn something to debate some topic regarding Christianity, such as why one denomination is better than another, or why some other religion is better than Christianity in general, or why atheism why atheism is better than any religion. I'm easy. Suggest a topic of discussion.

[emoji4]
If you are a Christian, you have a religion, dude......you may not have a denomination, though.

Milton Platt

Everyone has to find their own truth. Don't simply settle for the truth of others. There is a difference between being a "Christian" and following the teachings of Yeshua. Be bold.

That is BS, dude....something is either true or it is not.

JoStories

That is one thing to ask. Should afterlife be a concern of religion in any way?
IMO, that is what almost all faiths are built around. Buddhists believe in reincarnation while most monotheistic faiths believe in a 'heaven' of some sort. Fear of death is what drives many faiths, IMO.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
IMO, that is what almost all faiths are built around. Buddhists believe in reincarnation while most monotheistic faiths believe in a 'heaven' of some sort. Fear of death is what drives many faiths, IMO.
No, we do not believe in reincarnation. We specifically deny it.

JoStories

No, we do not believe in reincarnation. We specifically deny it.
Some do, others do not. I believe in reincarnation because I have experienced my past lives through memory and dreams. No, I will not try to convince others of that so don't ask please. But I do agree that some Buddhists do not believe in that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think you may have missed my point.

I believe if i did it was because it was not apparent.

Were you intimating that Jesus did not attend a church. I would think the two or more gathered in His name would qualify for Him and His disciples.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is BS, dude....something is either true or it is not.

I believe considering that all churches are in error one could find the one with the least objectionable falsehoods or one can simply accommodate oneself to the errors and let Jesus deal with His church as He wishes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Some do, others do not. I believe in reincarnation because I have experienced my past lives through memory and dreams. No, I will not try to convince others of that so don't ask please. But I do agree that some Buddhists do not believe in that.

I believe what I have seen in Buddhist debates is that some believe in rebirth but not in the Hindu reincarnation. I believe both are in error.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I believe if i did it was because it was not apparent.

Were you intimating that Jesus did not attend a church. I would think the two or more gathered in His name would qualify for Him and His disciples.

So you're saying Jesus would not be with a single individual? Also Yeshua never espoused a religious institution with rules, regulations, and restrictive dogma.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you're saying Jesus would not be with a single individual? Also Yeshua never espoused a religious institution with rules, regulations, and restrictive dogma.

I believe I am not saying that only that with a single person it would not be a church.

I believe that does not mean that Jesus was against people gathering together as a church. It also appears to me that Jesus is leading to rules regulations and dogma through Paul.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I believe I am not saying that only that with a single person it would not be a church.

I believe that does not mean that Jesus was against people gathering together as a church. It also appears to me that Jesus is leading to rules regulations and dogma through Paul.

But if Yeshua wanted all this dogmatic BS as a prerequisite for belief why didn't he just say so?

Sonofason

Everyone has to find their own truth. Don't simply settle for the truth of others. There is a difference between being a "Christian" and following the teachings of Yeshua. Be bold.
That is so true. I keep hearing everyone saying that it is true that 2+2=4, or that we evolve from other creatures. But I'm not going to settle for their truth. I'm going to find my own truths. You see there is a big difference between believing that you are a Christian and following the teachings of Yeshua...Yes, there is a big difference between believing that you are a Christian, and actually being one. There can be a huge difference between a person who claims to be a Christian, and someone who actually does follow the teachings of Christ.

But there is actually no differeence between being a Christian, and following the teachings of Christ, because a Christian is a person who follows Christ. A person who claims to be a Christian and does not follow Christ is actually not a Christian, regardless what they might think of themselves, and regardless what others might think of them.

Last edited:

Sonofason

[emoji4]
Remember you are talking about religion, a creation of men. To be a Christian, or follower of Christ that is not overly influenced by the opinions and traditions of men is probably not a terrible thing. For a Christian, concerns ought not be so much about what other people think, but what did Christ think.