• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was attacked by a mob of blacks

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What's the attendant going to do? It's not illegal for a bunch of young black males to be in a gas station together. Or for them to laugh at "Cooky's" car. Or at "Cooky". What reason would he have for calling the police?

It’s called trespassing.

Cooky

Veteran Member
This was a pretty traumatic experience, being outnumbered by that many aggressive youngsters... now I have to long line on a helicopter. Oh joy...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
At the gas station, to get gas before a night job tonight, I pull in and stop seeing every pump has a car in front of it, which is unusual, I pull around to find an open pump and notice 5 blacks staring at me. I drive around and find the last open pump and get out to go pay, and they're still staring me down so I walk past them and go inside....

...When I come out, there are now 10 blacks staring at me, and so I go to pump gas and decide to start my engine, which has starting problems, so they all started laughing when my car stalled... Once it turned over, I reved it up and they all started running around and acting like fools as if I'm about to run them over...

...Then I get out and ask them what the hell is wrong with them, explaining that I'm just pumping my gas, and then I see that every car there is filled with blacks the same age, about 20 or 21 yrs old, and they all get out of their cars, about 30 blacks and start charging at me.

...So I get in my car and lock the doors, and they completely surround my car, and start trying to open my doors, banging on the windows, and my car is completely surrounded by 20 or 30 blacks.

...Then I pull out my phone and call 911, and they all start running to their cars and burning out of there.

I've been in situations where I was the only white guy on the bus or in the store or wherever. I've never had any major problems that I can recall, although from what you describe, it could be a gang thing. It's difficult to draw any conclusions here without knowing where this happened or the general context of the situation.

Brian2

Veteran Member
At the gas station, to get gas before a night job tonight, I pull in and stop seeing every pump has a car in front of it, which is unusual, I pull around to find an open pump and notice 5 blacks staring at me. I drive around and find the last open pump and get out to go pay, and they're still staring me down so I walk past them and go inside....

...When I come out, there are now 10 blacks staring at me, and so I go to pump gas and decide to start my engine, which has starting problems, so they all started laughing when my car stalled... Once it turned over, I reved it up and they all started running around and acting like fools as if I'm about to run them over...

...Then I get out and ask them what the hell is wrong with them, explaining that I'm just pumping my gas, and then I see that every car there is filled with blacks the same age, about 20 or 21 yrs old, and they all get out of their cars, about 30 blacks and start charging at me.

...So I get in my car and lock the doors, and they completely surround my car, and start trying to open my doors, banging on the windows, and my car is completely surrounded by 20 or 30 blacks.

...Then I pull out my phone and call 911, and they all start running to their cars and burning out of there.

You're certainly in the wars recently. Dog bite and now this.

Cooky

Veteran Member
You're certainly in the wars recently. Dog bite and now this.

My boss just told me I'm not performing up to standard, so I think I'll probably be layed off by the end of the week. Though, I thought I was doing fine, and was shocked to hear it.

Life's not easy.

People might be suprised what a middle-aged white male, like myself, endures.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've been in situations where I was the only white guy on the bus or in the store or wherever. I've never had any major problems that I can recall, although from what you describe, it could be a gang thing. It's difficult to draw any conclusions here without knowing where this happened or the general context of the situation.

We were in DC about 9 years back, and I needed to gas up. I had no idea of the neighbourhood as it was a long way from home. All I knew was I needed gas, and the sign said gas station. You had to pre-pay inside and only after I got inside did I notice it was an all- black neighbourhood. Yes there were kids and youth hanging around both inside the store, near the pumps, and on the sidewalk just outside. I just filled up and went on my way. It was just normal except for me being not used to it.

Brian2

Veteran Member
My boss just told me I'm not performing up to standard, so I think I'll probably be layed off by the end of the week. Though, I thought I was doing fine, and was shocked to hear it.

Life's not easy.

My dear old Ma'a used to say that bad things come in 3s.
I also remember when I was put under pressure at work to be faster when I thought I was going fine, the same as I had been for years. I still don't know whether I was actually slowing down or if it was a ploy to get me to go faster. The pressure certainly did not help with my emotional state at the time.
Maybe your boss is under pressure from above or going through hard times also. I hope things turn out for the best at work.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Sounds like a gas station I encountered just north of Atlanta. You have to be careful, because this is a thing with gangs that like to hang around gas stations. When the cashiers live behind heavy glass just drive away or bring your ninja skills.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Life's not easy.

Life would be easier if you were a racist like me.
I'd never pull into a station with such indicators
of potential trouble.

Btw, if you didn't want to be attacked, you
shouldn't have pumped gas that way.

Oh, a parenthetical aside.....
I have a couple friends in CA who want to drive their
RV here to visit their son. But they can't go in cold
weather cuz that would mean driving the southern
route, which includes Texas. They won't do that cuz
they think TX is dangerous for Jews.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We were in DC about 9 years back, and I needed to gas up. I had no idea of the neighbourhood as it was a long way from home. All I knew was I needed gas, and the sign said gas station. You had to pre-pay inside and only after I got inside did I notice it was an all- black neighbourhood. Yes there were kids and youth hanging around both inside the store, near the pumps, and on the sidewalk just outside. I just filled up and went on my way. It was just normal except for me being not used to it.

It's basically all in perspective. I have brown skin but I wasn't raised on DC (I'm in VA next door). Since I was raised with "the whites", people in DC knew I wasn't from there. I had that on the bus here when the guy and I conversed. He saw I had different manuisms and said, "you're not from DC are you?"

I went to a UU church where I was the only black person in a white-environment. History, politics, and all. It's uncomfortable, yes, but if there is no provoking any mistrust, it usually goes away after couple visits.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
...They had evil intentions and a guilty conscience. I am the victim of racism.
Now imagine you are a black person who gets that every single day of their life. Imagine you being targeted by cops because you are black, and they have the power over you legally, even when you are completely innocent? That's racism.

Does this experience maybe help make you more compassionate with your black neighbors? Does it stirs perhaps a little sense of empathy? And when they get angry and protest, like you did, does it make you feel solidarity with those protesters? Do you find racism unjust when it's against blacks? Would you march with them against racism, now that you see yourself a victim of racism too?

Will you stand in support of all of those who protest against racism? Will you carry a Justice for George Floyd sign now? If not, can you explain why not?

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Now imagine you are a black person who gets that every single day of their life. Imagine you being targeted by cops because you are black, and they have the power over you legally, even when you are completely innocent? That's racism.

Does this experience maybe help make you more compassionate with your black neighbors? Does it stirs perhaps a little sense of empathy?

I was empathetic in that way. I felt that way, and wanted to work with them in the cause of police brutality 100%.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have an injector problem... My car will continue to stall out, and not start until I give it gas.

...They had evil intentions and a guilty conscience. I am the victim of racism.
Be happy you weren't wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sporting a tiki torch at a gas station.

You weren't, were you?

In all serious1

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was empathetic in that way. I felt that way, and wanted to work with them in the cause of police brutality 100%.

Maybe they recognized you from the picture in your avatar. They might have said "Hey, that's that guy @Cooky from RF!"

That's why I don't put my picture up. If I did, I'd be surrounded by mobs of fans wherever I go. Adoring female admirers would be screaming and chasing me down the street like The Beatles in A Hard Day's Night.