• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was attacked by a mob of blacks

Daemon Sophic

My car stalls every time I put gas in it. I have no control over that.
I agree with you. That step had nobody to blame.

I grew up in Alaska, and whether due to that or other things, I tend to consider situations from a more survival basis.

I don’t believe that you were the victim of racism so much as you got deep into a situation where you were clearly the single and vulnerable outsider in a group of young people who don’t understand the frailty of human bodies. Then, without provocation, you took two consecutive aggressive acts toward them for no reason (at least that would be how they would see it). You were attacked for being an aggressive outsider and taking your aggressive actions in their midst.

A middle aged black man in your exact same situation, not a member of their group, taking the actions you did, would likely have gotten the same treatment.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
At the gas station, to get gas before a night job tonight, I pull in and stop seeing every pump has a car in front of it, which is unusual, I pull around to find an open pump and notice 5 blacks staring at me. I drive around and find the last open pump and get

...Then I pull out my phone and call 911, and they all start running to their cars and burning out of there.

If it happened glad you made it out unhurt.

For me it sounds to much like a movie. For me to believe I need more detail.

Where in the world or US did this happen?
The gas station was near your house?
The cars that ran down your street and the helicopters overhead are related?
Did you announce you were calling 911 so they could hear?
Once a mob gets going it pretty hard to stop it. Did something other than your call happen to chase them away?
What was the Gas attendant doing?
The gas attendant didn't give any warning?

Cooky

Veteran Member
A question that comes to mind is, would he have felt the need to say "...Then I get out and ask them what the hell is wrong with them" if there was only white guys in the group who was there?

Of course I would. Your question is offensive and unprovoked.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Of course I would. Your question is offensive and unprovoked.
The reason i asked was because in your headline of the OP you wrote "attacked by a mob of Blacks"
Why not just say i was attacked at the gas station? Was it important that the guys was Black? Would white guys made any different in the situation or to your question to them?

Cooky

Veteran Member
The reason i asked was because in your headline of the OP you wrote "attacked by a mob of Blacks"
Why not just say i was attacked at the gas station? Was it important that the guys was Black? Would white guys made any different in the situation or to your question to them?

Because there were 30 blacks at the gas station at once, at midnight. That's really weird and unusual.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
At the gas station, to get gas before a night job tonight, I pull in and stop seeing every pump has a car in front of it, which is unusual, I pull around to find an open pump and notice 5 blacks staring at me. I drive around and find the last open pump and get out to go pay, and they're still staring me down so I walk past them and go inside....

...When I come out, there are now 10 blacks staring at me, and so I go to pump gas and decide to start my engine, which has starting problems, so they all started laughing when my car stalled... Once it turned over, I reved it up and they all started running around and acting like fools as if I'm about to run them over...

...Then I get out and ask them what the hell is wrong with them, explaining that I'm just pumping my gas, and then I see that every car there is filled with blacks the same age, about 20 or 21 yrs old, and they all get out of their cars, about 30 blacks and start charging at me.

...So I get in my car and lock the doors, and they completely surround my car, and start trying to open my doors, banging on the windows, and my car is completely surrounded by 20 or 30 blacks.

...Then I pull out my phone and call 911, and they all start running to their cars and burning out of there.
Is there anything that you would do differently, if in that situation again?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Because there were 30 blacks at the gas station at once, at midnight. That's really weird and unusual.
As far as i know America, there are gangs of white, blacks, latino, Asian out in the streets at night all the time, what is the difference where you live?

PureX

Veteran Member
Given the current social atmosphere, perhaps you ought to have kept your questions to yourself. They were a bunch of 20-year-old males showing off for each other. As the older/wiser man, why not just let it pass?

PureX

Veteran Member
That doesn't answer my question of where the attendant was.
What's the attendant going to do? It's not illegal for a bunch of young black males to be in a gas station together. Or for them to laugh at "Cooky's" car. Or at "Cooky". What reason would he have for calling the police?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
What's the attendant going to do? It's not illegal for a bunch of young black males to be in a gas station together. Or for them to laugh at "Cooky's" car. Or at "Cooky". What reason would he have for calling the police?
For harassment and menacing, obviously, if his story is true. I work at a gas station, if a bunch of people showed up here acting disruptive, let alone messing with people's cars and such, I'd tell them to leave. If they didn't leave, I'd call management and the cops.