• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was attacked by a mob of blacks

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Thing is, when you left the area your vehicle was intact and undamaged, and you were unhurt.

If a mob had wanted to do harm then things would have been different.

They probably heard your attitude and saw your non verbal signals and witnessed your aggression, Cooky.

From what you wrote I don't think they were bad minded people. Just sayin'.....

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I came out of a gas station once and saw my car was surrounded by Blacks...

I came out and loudly asked what in the world they were doing with my car(I'm 5'2, gotta be loud). "Your car? He said it was his car" They all pointed at a stammering young man... I showed my keys as proof of ownership. I won.

My car was a car of many colors, covered in spray paint pictures, complete with a chicken in a Superman cape on the hood. It seems they were all taking picture of it. I claimed it wasn't fair that they take pictures of my car and not let me in on it. I joined arms with several of them, smiled, and we had a good time taking pictures with my ridiculous car.

But of course, when approaching them, I didn't see them as a group of others; of people different than myself. I saw them as a group of neighbors, all stuck in this crappy city looking for something to do.

You could have offered them some job applications

That worked at one gas station nearby. They had a drunk who was routinely harassing customers for beer money; he'd stand out there all night and beg change, come in, buy beer, repeat. Rather than calling law enforcement, they hired him to keep their parking lot clean. And he did! It really boosted his self esteem. He cleaned up, stopped bothering people(except to greet and well wish), held the door for customers...it was a win-win all around. He got earned his beer, and the place never looked better.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's basically all in perspective. I have brown skin but I wasn't raised on DC (I'm in VA next door). Since I was raised with "the whites", people in DC knew I wasn't from there. I had that on the bus here when the guy and I conversed. He saw I had different manuisms and said, "you're not from DC are you?"

I went to a UU church where I was the only black person in a white-environment. History, politics, and all. It's uncomfortable, yes, but if there is no provoking any mistrust, it usually goes away after couple visits.
We had Alberta plates on the car, but I wasn't wearing a toque.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
At the gas station, to get gas before a night job tonight, I pull in and stop seeing every pump has a car in front of it, which is unusual, I pull around to find an open pump and notice 5 blacks staring at me. I drive around and find the last open pump and get out to go pay, and they're still staring me down so I walk past them and go inside....

...When I come out, there are now 10 blacks staring at me, and so I go to pump gas and decide to start my engine, which has starting problems, so they all started laughing when my car stalled... Once it turned over, I reved it up and they all started running around and acting like fools as if I'm about to run them over...

...Then I get out and ask them what the hell is wrong with them, explaining that I'm just pumping my gas, and then I see that every car there is filled with blacks the same age, about 20 or 21 yrs old, and they all get out of their cars, about 30 blacks and start charging at me.

...So I get in my car and lock the doors, and they completely surround my car, and start trying to open my doors, banging on the windows, and my car is completely surrounded by 20 or 30 blacks.

...Then I pull out my phone and call 911, and they all start running to their cars and burning out of there.

You were the only white man there?