• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't think we should hide the woman.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
So I guess I'm in the minority who thinks the whole burkah thing adds to a woman's mystery and allure.

When I see someone in a bikini, it's like... no mystery there.

Why do we have to be mysterious? We know what bodies look like in general.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Honestly if men tries to hide a woman in a burka or in some other ways, then it is not the woman that is the problem. It is the men. If a man can not control his lust without hiding away the females. The veil isn't in the clothes it is in the mind.

Oh boy am I gonna be put in place for saying this :)
good insight.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, but remove religion in China and nothing would change. Religion is not outside culture. It is a form of culture and not the only overall category that have prescriptions & proscriptions.
Perhaps you think I implied that religion was the sole
determinant. Nay, only that it's the major problem
regarding covering women up, eg, what happened in
Iran when it became a theocracy some decades ago.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Women aren't predatory?
Hah!
Old saying....
Man pursues woman until she catches him.

But back to the meat of the issue, the problem isn't
lust, but a religion that wrongfully tries to suppress
it in both men & women. And then has the ridiculous
notion that covering up women solves the problem.

I said. "in general women aren't preditory".

I don't see any religion trying to suppress mens lust but rather hiding the object if their lust.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I agree, I think that the burka and hedjab are excessive, and say more about the those who have legislated it other than those who may defy wearing it.
But, of course, I profoundly dislike provocative and lewd attire. For, as far as I am concerned, this says more about those that don such garments, as opposed to those who may leer a little extra longer at it than usual.
Keep your private areas reserved for your husband, and no one else. People flaunt their greatest assets, if your showing too much skin, you're, to a large degree, professing that you lack anything else to offer, at least of equal value.

I think since western culture emphasizes looks, women who think it's the best way to get attention will wear skimpy clothes. I don't mean just normal lightweight clothing because it's warm, but stuff you can't help noticing. They may feel they don't have any other way to get noticed. The smart girls don't get as much recognition as the pretty girls. Sometimes girls that are "too smart" turn guys off. Guys don't get judged by their looks like females do, so we use it, or abuse it, in some cases. So many women think they have to wear make up, nail polish, skimpy clothes, etc when outside the house, and I never got that attitude. Guys can just be themselves; we should be able to as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I said. "in general women aren't preditory".
I say they're as predatory as men.
Only the techniques differ.
I don't see any religion trying to suppress mens lust but rather hiding the object if their lust.
Islam suppresses lust in men too by....
- Covering up women.
- Punishing men for dalliances (single women, other men, PDA).

Perhaps you believe that because women have it
worse under Islam, that it's all that great for men too?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I say they're as predatory as men.
Only the techniques differ.

A not predatory technique perhaps. In general women do not force their attention on men.

Islam suppresses lust in men too by....
- Covering up women.
- Punishing men for dalliances (single women, other men, PDA).

Covering up women, making them the scapegoat for mens lust..

Perhaps you believe that because women have it
worse under Islam, that it's all that great for men too?

I have never claimed that its worse for women or better for men. The Quran 2:273 and and other verses does it for me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A not predatory technique perhaps. In general women do not force their attention on men.
You must know meek women.
But those Frenchmen....
R.4ed4f3a5123709c20bb2739598d9784b

Covering up women, making them the scapegoat for mens lust..
Do you see Islam as at all related to this problem?
I have never claimed that its worse for women or better for men. The Quran 2:273 and and other verses does it for me.
So perhaps Islam is a source of such oppression, eh.

SA Huguenot

I think modest clothing is so uber-sexy and such a turn-on. It really gets my motor running as it is mysterious and triggers my curiosity of what's underneath.

Oeps.

Yip.
Thats why I married my wife. She was, and still is a very conservative woman.
And verry...verry...sexy because of it.
But I do not see the need for her to cover up. oh, and on the beach she wears a swimsuit.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yip.
Thats why I married my wife. She was, and still is a very conservative woman.
And verry...verry...sexy because of it.
But I do not see the need for her to cover up. oh, and on the beach she wears a swimsuit.
I was actually joking though. Well.... kinda :p

A woman with 27 sweaters on is not going to get my motor running.
But I would prefer a somewhat tight sweater over cleavage dropping down to the belly button, in terms of sexyness though.

Or to put it in more general/extreme terms: nicely / classy clothed women I find more sexy then naked women.

It's like christmass. I enjoy the unwrapping more then the gift itself :D :D

SA Huguenot

I was actually joking though. Well.... kinda :p

A woman with 27 sweaters on is not going to get my motor running.
But I would prefer a somewhat tight sweater over cleavage dropping down to the belly button, in terms of sexyness though.

Or to put it in more general/extreme terms: nicely / classy clothed women I find more sexy then naked women.

It's like christmass. I enjoy the unwrapping more then the gift itself :D :D
What if Muslim women may wear that 70's spandex material.
Covered up, but igniting your V8 motor!

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Pepe le Pew is a truism in a discussion of Muslim complete covering of women as the answer to moral problems.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You must know meek women.
But those Frenchmen....
R.4ed4f3a5123709c20bb2739598d9784b

Do you see Islam as at all related to this problem?

So perhaps Islam is a source of such oppression, eh.

You brought islam into it.

No islam isn't the source although it does plenty to continue the the tradition. Christianity to can put the spoke in the works