• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't believe in atheism...

PureX

Veteran Member
To be a "believer" mostly just means you believe that you're right. In that sense, most atheists believe just as strongly and blindly as any theist.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To be a "believer" mostly just means you believe that you're right. In that sense, most atheists believe just as strongly and blindly as any theist.

You think? Or you think!

Most atheist don't give a damn but hey, you know all about atheism dont ya you you must be right
:shrug:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Atheism is not a belief in itself.
It is the lack of a religious belief.
it does not replace one belief with another.

However it is not a "Negative" belief system.
It "positively disbelieves" all religions.
An agnostic leaves the question of religious belief open.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
And yet here we are, not talking about it.

Talking about lots of things, it's what we do, but truthfully, do you think th nuances of atheiem are worth talking about. Do you have any profound insite into what atheism is other than the accepted dictionary definition?

RestlessSoul

Talking about lots of things, it's what we do, but truthfully, do you think th nuances of atheiem are worth talking about. Do you have any profound insite into what atheism is other than the accepted dictionary definition?

Seeing that I've never identified as an atheist (even during a time in my life when I had almost no faith in anything at all), I wouldn't have much to say about it's nuances, nor would I have much to offer in the way of insights.

But since at least one prominent academic has written a best selling book about not believing in God, I think we can say there may be more to atheism than a simple absence of belief. For some of it's adherents anyway.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Seeing that I've never identified as an atheist (even during a time in my life when I had almost no faith in anything at all), I wouldn't have much to say about it's nuances, nor would I have much to offer in the way of insights.

But since at least one prominent academic has written a best selling book about not believing in God, I think we can say there may be more to atheism than a simple absence of belief. For some of it's adherents anyway.

Have you read the book? If its the one i think you mean then he has made a lot of money out of not believing in god