• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't believe in atheism...

Ostronomos

Atheism, like evil, is a delusion based on ignorance or lack of knowledge.

However, believers or theists are also ignorant but hopeful that science will one day uncover the truth about God. The existence of God is no longer a question in science by the way. Thanks mainly in part to my groundbreaking insights while ^.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@ChristineM
To believe, verb: “to hold an opinion; think or suppose”
You can suppose, i.e., believe, negatively or positively on any issue.

Take care, my cousin.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I can disbelieve. In just the same way i disbelieve leprechaun, invisible pink unicorns and gods
You’re working with me, I appreciate that.

The taking of any position, on any subject, is basically a belief. Some may be accurate, some may be false.

There are some Flat-Earth believers. Others (the vast majority, I hope) believe the Earth is an orb. Both can’t be right.

If I may ask, what brought you to the conclusion that there is no God?
If you’d rather not answer, that’s fine. I mean, this is the “joke” forum, after all.
Maybe on a different forum.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

The taking of any position, on any subject, is basically a belief. Some may be accurate, some may be false.

There are some Flat-Earth believers. Others (the vast majority, I hope) believe the Earth is an orb. Both can’t be right.

If you’d rather not answer, that’s fine. I mean, this is the “joke” forum, after all.

What happens if you don't take a position, it just is?

There is evidence that the earth is an oblate spheroid and of course if earth were flat all the cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now.

The flat earth society claims membership all over the globe.

My conclusion was mostly the result of reading the Bible with some study of history, religious people and logic thrown in.

Viker

Häxan
The taking of any position, on any subject, is basically a belief
I disagree. A position of disbelief is also a lack of belief. A lack thereof can not be a belief. Unless someone foolishly makes a belief out of what amounts to a blank space. I call this antithetical blank-ism. A desperate attempt at making something out of nothing.:D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What happens if you don't take a position, it just is?

There is evidence that the earth is an oblate spheroid and of course if earth were flat all the cats would have knocked everything off the edge by now.

The flat earth society claims membership all over the globe.

My conclusion was mostly the result of reading the Bible with some study of history, religious people and logic thrown in.

I suppose someone could hold the belief that the Earth should be flat, even while still acknowledging the fact of its spherical shape.

Just like I know that the sun rises in the east, but I'm against that. It's my belief that the sun should rise in the west.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I suppose someone could hold the belief that the Earth should be flat, even while still acknowledging the fact of its spherical shape.

Just like I know that the sun rises in the east, but I'm against that. It's my belief that the sun should rise in the west.

Rather like me who believes i i should be the proud owner of around 50 million euro while acknowledging the fact that i don't.

We cannot possibly have the sun rising in the west. That would mean your morning win would win my morning win... Oh no, no, no, we cant gave that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If a Christian says that they believe in God I will accept that. If they claim to know that there is a God then they take on a burden of proof. The same applies to atheists. If someone says that they do not believe in God I will accept that. If they say that there is no God then they also take on a burden of proof.

There is a difference between believing and knowing.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...so does that make me an a-atheist, or a theist?
Is this retaliation for that time I said that I didn't believe Australia was real? Because if its retaliation then you should aim your attack at me, not at atheists. They are innocent in this matter.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Watch the Star Wars prequels again, pay careful attention to the acting and characters. You'll question the existence that an all moral God or Athe can ever exist.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Atheism, like evil, is a delusion based on ignorance or lack of knowledge.

However, believers or theists are also ignorant but hopeful that science will one day uncover the truth about God. The existence of God is no longer a question in science by the way. Thanks mainly in part to my groundbreaking insights while ^.

'Scuse me guv'nor...
This here is a jokes thread. If you're looking to post about how atheism and evil are related, please go start a thread in the 'Tired tropes of the Internet' area of the forum.
Link me here and I'll happily come and try to convince you I don't ACTUALLY eat babies, and that I am neither ignorant of religion, nor 'hard-hearted'. And then you'll disbelieve me, and we can have a good chuckle.