• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don’t wanna get up

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
There's a tarantula in the bottom left corner.

Awh! I moved into a house once in a college town. The previous people had left a lot of stuff behind, including a tarantula. We named him EFR (Ed ****ing Rogers). He was a lil cutie. Before we knew how to take care of him that first night we’d feed him moths and stuff from the porch.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Awh! I moved into a house once in a college town. The previous people had left a lot of stuff behind, including a tarantula. We named him EFR (Ed ****ing Rogers). He was a lil cutie. Before we knew how to take care of him that first night we’d feed him moths and stuff from the porch.
I'd like to be able to hold a tarantula, but my main non-dog/cat animal loves are reptiles. I would love to hold a snake and also a frog.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'd like to be able to hold s tarantula, but my main non-dog/cat animal loves are reptiles. I would love to hold a snake and also a frog.

I was the first one to risk holding EFR. He would leave a tiny line of silk as he climbed around my arm, and his touch was really light and tickly.

Reptiles are awesome too! <3 Amphibians would be neat but (and I could be wrong here) it seems like their needs would be even more particular than reptiles’ to me.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I was the first one to risk holding EFR. He would leave a tiny line of silk as he climbed around my arm, and his touch was really light and tickly.

Reptiles are awesome too! <3 Amphibians would be neat but (and I could be wrong here) it seems like their needs would be even more particular than reptiles’ to me.
Yup. I wouldn't like to keep any, just be close to some. I'm in England so they're not exactly common here, either.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
So what happened @Meow Mix ? Did you get out of bed, or did you just burrow in and call it a day?

Sadly I'm up. I had a Zoom meeting with my PI for my thesis and, while I could probably do it from bed if I only showed my face (I've listened in on conferences and meetings like this before haha ^.^), it's a lot easier to type to him from a laptop.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Sadly I'm up. I had a Zoom meeting with my PI for my thesis and, while I could probably do it from bed if I only showed my face (I've listened in on conferences and meetings like this before haha ^.^), it's a lot easier to type to him from a laptop.
So life got in the way. I hate it when that happens. :p

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Agent Meow Mix is doing Zoom meetings for her thesis, while, evil Ganon.....

What part of the saving the world don't you get?

Serious note: Good on you...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Convince me to get out of bed somehow.
I'll let Marcus Aurelius do it instead:

At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?”

So you were born to feel “nice”? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don’t you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you’re not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren’t you running to do what your nature demands?

You don’t love yourself enough. Or you’d love your nature too, and what it demands of you.

WalterTrull

Godfella
There is a meteor headed directly for your bed. By the time it gets through the atmosphere it will only be dime sized, yet it will obliterate your bed. Move to the couch.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Agent Meow Mix is doing Zoom meetings for her thesis, while, evil Ganon.....

What part of the saving the world don't you get?

Serious note: Good on you...

Hey I'm fighting Ganon probably today! I've got that Skyward Sword

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I'll let Marcus Aurelius do it instead:

At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: “I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I’m going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?”

So you were born to feel “nice”? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don’t you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you’re not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren’t you running to do what your nature demands?

You don’t love yourself enough. Or you’d love your nature too, and what it demands of you.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (MA, Meditations)

In other words... if you're telling me to get out of bed, that's just, like, your opinion, man. ^.^

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If you stay in bed, some RFers might consider it an invitation to join you.

if that doesn't get you moving, I don't know what will. :)