• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am Israel

RitalinO.D.

Thanks bud, better than being some blind eyed military loyalist idiot right?

I guess you provide us with yet another example of just how ignorant you are. Not to mention your apparentl lack of reading comprehension. Me defending the military against your hateful blanket statements of murder and corruption in no way makes me a blind military loyalist. Perhaps you should put your Arab propaganda aside for a minute and go reread what I actually said in those posts.

I agreed with a lot of what you said, which I said to you, and even admitted to the shortcomings that existed within the Gov't and military leadership. However, you cannot acknowledge that because it wouldn't play along with your hate mongering.

You show your true colors in threads such as these, hiding your obvious hate for Jews behind words like "colonists". People aren't stupid. You really think they don't see through your veiled racist bs? C'mon skippy, you can't possibly be that dumb.

Chisti

I guess you provide us with yet another example of just how ignorant you are. Not to mention your apparentl lack of reading comprehension. Me defending the military against your hateful blanket statements of murder and corruption in no way makes me a blind military loyalist. Perhaps you should put your Arab propaganda aside for a minute and go reread what I actually said in those posts.

I agreed with a lot of what you said, which I said to you, and even admitted to the shortcomings that existed within the Gov't and military leadership. However, you cannot acknowledge that because it wouldn't play along with your hate mongering.

You show your true colors in threads such as these, hiding your obvious hate for Jews behind words like "colonists". People aren't stupid. You really think they don't see through your veiled racist bs? C'mon skippy, you can't possibly be that dumb.

Don't play the 'anti-Semitic' race card here. Criticism of Israel isn't criticism of the Jewish people.

Rakhel

With all respect, Rakhel, I don't think the issue is whether they were settlers or not. And if they assumed they wouldn't get permission to go, they shouldn't have gone. This isn't about the theoretical right that Jews should be able to go to Kever Yosef-- I agree, we should be able to go-- but about the practical reality that right now, Kever Yosef is in the legal security control of the PA, which the Israeli government ceded them. In the best of all possible worlds, should people be shot for breaking the law? No, of course not. But the truth seems to be that these folks went there illegally, and either going or leaving, they failed to respond to challenges legally issues by the PA security forces, and got shot for it. And we all know that if a bunch of Palestinians got around security, showed up someplace in Israeli-controlled territory, failed to respond to challenges legally given by Tzahal, and got shot, we pro-Israel folks would all presume that Tzahal had every right to shoot, and would defend the action as such. Like I said, I'm not glad it happened-- I think it's very unfortunate-- but it seems to be a perfectly legitimate mistake to happen, given the very tense security situation in Israel and the territories. And from a Jewish point of view, the zechut (merit) one might have by going to Kever Yosef to daven (pray) is completely obviated by the principle of pikuach nefesh dochin et ha-kol (saving a life overrides nearly all other commandments). They had every reason to suppose that going without clearance was unreasonably dangerous to life and limb; there was no overwhelming positive commandment that they had to go, especially not then and under those circumstances: their clear duty was not to go. They are, halakhically, at fault for their own demise.
I'm not arguing that point. It may look like it but I'm not. I don't think they should have gone there without properly notifying the IDF and the PA. It's is their fault. They were stupid to assume that they wouldn't be spotted by someone.
What upsets me, and should upset every other person in the world, is this idea that it is okay call someone "not normal and we can do what ever we want to them just because." It angers me when Israelis do it. It angers me when Americans do it. It angers me when Chinese do it. So why shouldn't anger me when Palestinians do it?
And to excuse that kind of attitude just because you don't like that other group is despicable.

Flankerl

Yeah it is funny provoking people to commit acts of terrorism right? RIGHT?

You are sickening.

What? Where am I provoking you to join terrorism? I just wrote join the fight.
Gandhi fought too.

Don't play the 'anti-Semitic' race card here. Criticism of Israel isn't criticism of the Jewish people.

When i read this i have in mind of what was found on the servers of the german left party today.
Sickening.

Last edited:

Rakhel

You did not quote him accurately. He did not say: "Jewish settlers are not noramal people and therefore there is no need to apologize for the murder of a Jew who prayed at Kever Yosef this morning."

According to your article: Asked if the PA will apologize for the murder of Ben Yosef Livnat, he answered, “You know that settlers are not normal people. Every day, they shoot at innocent Arabs.”

So when he is quoted accurately, and in context, we see he is saying that the settlers shoot at innocent Arabs, something normal people do not do. That's why settlers have to pass through police checkpoints when traveling on Palestinian territory. When people ram through those checkpoints in three cars, policemen fire their weapons and he sees no reason to apologize for that.

His statement is certainly hawkish and I do not approve of it.

However, it's ridiculous to exaggerate so much and imply he's saying something racist. And it's a little disingenuous for people who are so obviously trying to bash the Palestinian side, to feign such incredible shock for his remarks, as if these remarks bear no comparison to similar things said by Isreali military officials. Please don't tell me Isreali military officials have never made similar statements: "We don't apologize, because the IDF soldiers were guarding a checkpoint, and Palestinians are all basically terrorists".
Read my previous statement.

Rakhel

And the fact that Israel has offered citizenship to Palestinians. Ever heard of the Israel Nationality Law?

All you got to do is be a legal resident(which, if not all, are) and reside there for 3 of the 5 previous years(which most, if not all, have)

Levite

Higher and Higher
I'm not arguing that point. It may look like it but I'm not. I don't think they should have gone there without properly notifying the IDF and the PA. It's is their fault. They were stupid to assume that they wouldn't be spotted by someone.
What upsets me, and should upset every other person in the world, is this idea that it is okay call someone "not normal and we can do what ever we want to them just because." It angers me when Israelis do it. It angers me when Americans do it. It angers me when Chinese do it. So why shouldn't anger me when Palestinians do it?
And to excuse that kind of attitude just because you don't like that other group is despicable.

Ah, I see now. Yes, I'm sorry for not recognizing what you were saying, and I agree, of course.

Rakhel

Sorry. Popcorn? Woman? I got distracted by the...ummm yeah that guy.

:popcorn: I think I need wine now.

Chisti

So you are being anti-Semitic in your criticism of Israel. Unless you are claiming that Arabs aren't of Semitic decent.

images