• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am Israel

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Obama on a return to 1967 borders

He said a lot more than that:

“Symbolic efforts to isolate Israel at the United Nations in September won’t create an independent state.”

Mr. Obama’s reference to a “nonmilitarized” Palestinian state is likely to dismay Palestinians,

the recent unity agreement between the two main Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas, raised “profound and legitimate questions for Israel.”

“How can one negotiate with a party that has shown itself unwilling to recognize your right to exist?” he said, referring to Hamas, which the United States has designated as a terrorist organization. “In the weeks and months to come, Palestinian leaders will have to provide a credible answer to that question.”

Good post Kai,its an obvious question really,i mean really obvious,i look forward to that answer ;)

Hey Croak :p ;)

Bismillah

Submit
“Symbolic efforts to isolate Israel at the United Nations in September won’t create an independent state.”
That has been the de facto U.S position ever since Fatah announced its bid to statehood and not a change in U.S policy.

An overture to Israeli demands to keep a healthy troop presence in the event of a sovereign Palestine.

the recent unity agreement between the two main Palestinian factions, Fatah and Hamas, raised “profound and legitimate questions for Israel.”
His way of saying no comment.

Rakhel

Bibi told Obama it is time to stop feeding the Palestinians false hope. He will not agree to the '67 borders nor is he going to agree to a Palestinian right of return. "It is not going to happen. Everyone knows it is not going to happen."

Bismillah

Submit
Bibi told Obama it is time to stop feeding the Palestinians false hope. He will not agree to the '67 borders nor is he going to agree to a Palestinian right of return. "It is not going to happen. Everyone knows it is not going to happen."
I'm sure then that the Palestinians can use it for leverage...such as recognition by the U.N as a state.

Bismillah

Submit
Netanyahu sure seems concerned about the prospect of Palestinian statehood, I suppose it will make colonising Palestinian land look worse.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Heh, Bibi: "You need to stop providing these people with false hope. It's not going to happen." It doesn't get much clearer.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Interesting development

26-05-2011,11:09

Al Qassam website- Gaza- Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, welcomed the Egyptian decision to permanently open the Rafah Border Terminal that links Gaza with Egypt.
The movement’s media office issued a statement welcoming the Egyptian decision and stating that this decision is the outcome and the real expression of the Egyptian revolution, and also reflects the brotherly relations between the Egyptian and the Palestinian people.

“We consider this initiative as a brave and courageous act to break the siege on Gaza, and to end years of suffering inflicted on the Palestinian people”, the statement reads, “We hope that this decision will renew the bridges of cooperation and solidarity with the Palestinians, struggling to achieve their legitimate rights”.

Fawzi Barhoum, spokesperson of the Hamas movement, also issued a press release welcoming the Egyptian decision, considering it as part of Cairo’s important role in protecting the national interests of the Palestinian people”.

On Wednesday, Egypt officially decided to permanently open the Rafah Terminal starting this coming Saturday, May 28. The border crossing will only be closed on Fridays and national holidays. It will be functioning from 9am to 5pm.

Bismillah

Submit
India's own support for Palestine
India welcomes the recent reconciliation agreement between Fatah and Hamas on the West Bank and Gaza.
At the panel session, Mr. Ahamed spelt out India's emphatic endorsement of the Palestinian struggle for a “united State of Palestine, with East Jerusalem as its capital, living within secure and recognised borders – side by side and at peace with Israel.”
“would lead to peace and stability in the region,” he said India wanted an “end to the illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.”
Sounds like the only ones left on the Axis of Evil are the U.S, Canada, and some Islands that give up their U.N vote for U.S aid.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article2057960.ece