• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am Israel

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't think Israel is free from criticism because of the settlements but after 7 wars and two infitadas don't you think the Palestinians are masters of their own disasters.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Its amusing how big of a deal is made over Palestine/ Israel when the mass murdering and oppression of the Bosnian war is ignored. I would have thought Islam would have had more to say about the genocide there? Do you feel as strongly about the plight of Chechnya which is 94% muslim?

Just a little quote:
"In 2006 Human Rights Watch reported that pro-Moscow Chechen forces under the command, in effect, of President Ramzan Kadyrov, as well as federal police personnel, used torture to get information about separatist forces. "If you are detained in Chechnya, you face a real and immediate risk of torture. And there is little chance that your torturer will be held accountable," said Holly Cartner, Director Europe and Central Asia division of HRW.[36]" (Source: Wikipedia)

So where is your condemnation of Russia? Why aren't you posting videos about the Chechnyan muslims being slaughtered and tortured by the monster that is Russia?

The reason why I disagree with what you have posted is just how biased it is. Palestinians want peace? Peace means Israel walking away from a nation it has built. Neither side has ever indicated it wants to talk. Both parties come together to please their respective overlords who put on a show for the world to show "progress."

I also disagree because you only post about Israel when there is in fact much more injustice going on against your "brothers and sisters."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Interesting video, Sahar. Although I'm no authority on the situation, the facts in the video seem accurate enough, but I seriously wonder what purpose the video serves? It seems one sided, thus, it seems to vilify the Israelis in much the same way that the Palestinians have been vilified in the American press. That only creates even more animosity and hatred than already exists. But are more animosity and hatred actually helpful to resolving the situation?

Last edited:

Chisti

Israel is the oppressor, whereas Palestine is the oppressed. To compare the two and to say Palestine is equally guilty of violence is ridiculous. The violence of the oppressor can never be compared with the violence of the oppressed.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Israel is the oppressor, whereas Palestine is the oppressed. To compare the two and to say Palestine is equally guilty of violence is ridiculous. The violence of the oppressor can never be compared with the violence of the oppressed.

Injustice should not be met with injustice.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

OK so when Hamas targeted a School Bus on Thursday with an anti Tank missile it pales into insignificance had it been fired by Israel

Chisti

You dismiss the significance of the point EML makes.

Hamas have been known to directly target civilians and yet it is tolerated by those who support Palestine. Don't you see the hypocrisy?

So Israel occupying Palestine is okay?

kai

ragamuffin
Great! is this one of those threads where people post utube videos and anti Israel posts and anti PA and Hamas videos and posts back and forth until its closed down. Threads like this add nothing to the understanding of others to the situation.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Makes no sense. Try again.

OK you said

You are saying an act of violence by Hamas cannot be compared to an act of violence by Israel which is nonsense

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
So Israel occupying Palestine is okay?

No but you're doing a good job of fitting the stereotype of Palestine sympathizer by counting the hits and ignoring the misses.

Personally I think Israel earned its place by defending itself in numerous wars. But what I think is unimportant.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Great! is this one of those threads where people post utube videos and anti Israel posts and anti PA and Hamas videos and posts back and forth until its closed down.

Probably (at which point staff will be accused of being both pro and anti-Israel) :yes:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Great! is this one of those threads where people post utube videos and anti Israel posts and anti PA and Hamas videos and posts back and forth until its closed down. Threads like this add nothing to the understanding of others to the situation.

Yep here we go again