• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huge gap between humans and animals

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's because you have no comprehension of how special the rest of life is. I feel sorry for you. You are missing out on an amazing world.
actually....I just LOVE nature programs

but I remain more special than the rest of the animal kingdom

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Of course humans are special just the same way all other life forms are special. Not superior, not any more unique, but special.
not superior?

the gov came to my school when I was sooooooo much younger
with a survey test
strict oversee......timed event

my test score in science came back.....superior.....

now if you want to claim to be ordinary mammal.....fine

Bear Wild

actually....I just LOVE nature programs

but I remain more special than the rest of the animal kingdom
Exactly how do you contribute to the ecosystem that makes you more special tan any other animal. I can't wait to know what it is. Maybe you produce oxygen, fix nitrogen, or something else useful. What is it?

Bear Wild

not superior?

the gov came to my school when I was sooooooo much younger
with a survey test
strict oversee......timed event

my test score in science came back.....superior.....

now if you want to claim to be ordinary mammal.....fine
So you think some test is the true measure that makes you superior. Now that is just so special. To bad in reality you are just an ordinary mammal who just think they are extraordinary.

Bear Wild

I breath out carbon dioxide.....

and I eat meat

and I fart

but any animal can do such things

I cut steel for a living..........
any other animal do that?
So you do nothing special for the earth and so you are not so special. But neither am I but at least we are still animals

Bear Wild

think is the key word in your words......

try it some time
That is true all mammals think that's what makes so similar. Your thinking is however dangerous. It is the delusion of thinking that humans are superior and above all other living things is what has caused our problems we face today. So think again and embrace your animal family.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That is true all mammals think that's what makes so similar. Your thinking is however dangerous. It is the delusion of thinking that humans are superior and above all other living things is what has caused our problems we face today. So think again and embrace your animal family.
hhhmmmmmm........no

Bear Wild

hhhmmmmmm........no
No? Do you mean no you do not do anything special that supports the environment you live in. Do you mean no you are not a part of the animal kingdom in which humans are a part of? Do you mean no and do not want to face the reality that you are an animal just like other humans but in your mind you see yourself above all other life forms but want desperately to see yourself superior to make yourself feel better?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do you mean no you do not do anything special that supports the environment you live in.
to support the earth.....I would need to live AS an animal

that would take away all that is human
the social extremes.....and we humans are that
the political extremes....and we humans are that
the economic pressures...and we humans do so....to the extreme
and abandon......God

am I hinting that atheists are no more than animals?

NEW TOPIC...!!!!!!

Bear Wild

to support the earth.....I would need to live AS an animal

that would take away all that is human
the social extremes.....and we humans are that
the political extremes....and we humans are that
the economic pressures...and we humans do so....to the extreme
and abandon......God

am I hinting that atheists are no more than animals?

NEW TOPIC...!!!!!!
No you are hinting that you really do not know what you biologically are that all.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Why only humans are different than the rest of animals in terms of thinking, talking
and the way of living, no animal can be compared to humans?

Why we can't even see animals in midway between humans and animals in
terms of thinking, talking and the ability to invent ..etc?

How that is explained by science, we can see different kinds of animals horses, donkeys, dogs,
different kind of birds, but why humans are unique?
Go back in time and what you are discussing did in fact exist. Look up Homo Habilis. Ape? Human? Something in between?

And honestly, you must be behind the times with regards to how close animals are to humans. For example, there is a kind of parrot that can talk, and I do not mean mimic. I mean talk. You'd be surprised at the thinking skills of chimps -- they even have theory of mind, which is pretty advanced, and they invent tools for example (it was just in the last couple of years that female chimps invented spears). Crows have been observed using cars at intersections to crush the shells of walnuts -- they know that the red lights make the cars stop so that they can swoop down and retrieve their walnuts. Scientists are even speculating that chimpanzees have a rudimentary form of religion. In fact, Chimps have BETTER short term memory than we do.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Go back in time and what you are discussing did in fact exist. Look up Homo Habilis. Ape? Human? Something in between?

And honestly, you must be behind the times with regards to how close animals are to humans. For example, there is a kind of parrot that can talk, and I do not mean mimic. I mean talk. You'd be surprised at the thinking skills of chimps -- they even have theory of mind, which is pretty advanced, and they invent tools for example (it was just in the last couple of years that female chimps invented spears). Crows have been observed using cars at intersections to crush the shells of walnuts -- they know that the red lights make the cars stop so that they can swoop down and retrieve their walnuts. Scientists are even speculating that chimpanzees have a rudimentary form of religion. In fact, Chimps have BETTER short term memory than we do.

Still the gap is huge.

Bear Wild

I would agree with that. Human beings are animals, but we are animals becoming something more. Robert Sapolsky has an excellent video out: Are humans just another primate?

Of course we are just another primate. Seen this lecture before. His opinion but he lacks insight to the reality of what is important. The human brain has the most complex behavior patterns that we know of but this remains as still a degree of development. Obviously humans evolved until they had the capacity for more complex communication which allowed them to pass down knowledge more efficiently allowing them to build on that knowledge. With time other organisms could do the same. But what does this really mean in our world. Humans have learned how to consume beyond what they need. Not a very intelligent behavior. Humans create what cannot returned to the planet as reusable. Not very intelligent again. Human poison the environment in which they live making it inhabitable to other life. Again is this a true advantage? Does this make us something more or something less. If our current behavior continues unchecked we will not survive ourselves yet there will be life forms that could. If survival is the true test then where does that place humans? If you look at it from the perspective of what we can do and ignore what we are doing you not looking at the full picture. We marvel at our behavior and technology yet if these behaviors are more destructive than beneficial are they the best measure?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Of course we are just another primate. Seen this lecture before. His opinion but he lacks insight to the reality of what is important. The human brain has the most complex behavior patterns that we know of but this remains as still a degree of development. Obviously humans evolved until they had the capacity for more complex communication which allowed them to pass down knowledge more efficiently allowing them to build on that knowledge. With time other organisms could do the same. But what does this really mean in our world. Humans have learned how to consume beyond what they need. Not a very intelligent behavior. Humans create what cannot returned to the planet as reusable. Not very intelligent again. Human poison the environment in which they live making it inhabitable to other life. Again is this a true advantage? Does this make us something more or something less. If our current behavior continues unchecked we will not survive ourselves yet there will be life forms that could. If survival is the true test then where does that place humans? If you look at it from the perspective of what we can do and ignore what we are doing you not looking at the full picture. We marvel at our behavior and technology yet if these behaviors are more destructive than beneficial are they the best measure?
Since he has a PhD and you and I do not, I'll defer to his opinion.