• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know the Bible was not written by demons?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Without the Bible, we know what is true and right from what is wrong.
However that is not enough to have salvation.
If it is salvation a man wants, well he needs to follow what the world of God says.

There are people of the past and of the present who never heard and never read the Bible.
Will they be saved, come judgement day?
The Bible has this to say:

Romans 2:11-16 New International Version (NIV)

For God does not show favoritism.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

images

The heathen natives do not have the Bible
They don't know God and may have worship nature or the spirits of the jungle
However they have their God given conscience - they know what is right from wrong
Will their conscience accuse them or will it defend them on judgement day?
Well, they will find out that too.

We live in a modern world where 90% plus of the world knows about the Bible.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

I know I know, because they don’t exist.

But suppose if you believed in demons and believed that demons can impersonate the dead.

Demons could have stolen Lazuras body and impersonated him, and the same for Jesus, or Jesus Himself could even be a demon in league with other demons.

PRAISE JESUS! The demons who wrote the Bible fulfilled prophecy, restored Israel in 1948, told men to love one another, even their enemies, and teaches us how to find cures, healing and wealth!

danieldemol

Premium Member
I see, thanks! I mean, let’s look at it in the context of probable motives. Not sure if you believe in God or gods. Please tell me if this is an incorrect assumption, if you don’t. Would you demons want to accomplish what God or the gods do not?
Presumably they are there to lead people astray from the true path of God, I guess that means that they want to accomplish something God doesn’t want accomplished.

Tazarah

The scriptures say that God is in complete control of everything, even Satan/demons.

AMOS 3:6

"6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

ISAIAH 45:7

"7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

InChrist

Free4ever

But suppose if you believed in demons and believed that demons can impersonate the dead.

Demons could have stolen Lazuras body and impersonated him, and the same for Jesus, or Jesus Himself could even be a demon in league with other demons.
If the Biblical scriptures were written by demons I am afraid it would have been a very counterproductive enterprise since the scriptures reveal the malevolent character of satan/demons, their tactics, and final destruction. Jesus stated that a house divided will not stand so I don’t even see the feasibility or rationale for the idea of demons writing all the books of the Bible ( which were penned by many different individuals) and which all point to Jesus Christ as the Savior who has victory over sin, death, and the demonic realm.

But Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? Matthew 12:25-26

danieldemol

Premium Member
Yes, he would pretend to be God, but if Bible is from demons, why would they tell how Satan tries to deceive people?
Ok, so the Quran says Satan is a deceiver, but JWs seem to think all other religions are demon inspired, do you see the hypocrisy?

danieldemol

Premium Member
If the Biblical scriptures were written by demons I am afraid it would have been a very counterproductive enterprise since the scriptures reveal the malevolent character of satan/demons, their tactics, and final destruction. Jesus stated that a house divided will not stand so I don’t even see the feasibility or rationale for the idea of demons writing all the books of the Bible ( which were penned by many different individuals) and which all point to Jesus Christ as the Savior who has victory over sin, death, and the demonic realm.

But Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? Matthew 12:25-26
This argument was thoroughly debunked in post#17

Pudding

Definition of know:
1 Be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information.
1.2 Be absolutely certain or sure about something.

Kindly noted, i'll use the denifition 1, not the definition 1.2, when i use the word 'know' in below discussion.

• Step 1, we investigate whether or not there is convincing evidence to support/disprove the existence of demons.
(a) If we found no such convincing evidence (to support demons' existence), then we won't be convince to believe demons exist. The question "whether demons wrote the bible or not" is moot since we cannot substantiate the existence of demons. Conclusion: Currently, we don't know whether demons exist or not, we don't know whether demons write the bible or not, we still haven't find a solution to solve those questions.

(b) If we found convincing evidence (to disprove demons' existence), then we will be convince to believe demons don't exist, we will also be convince to know that demons don't exist. Since demons don't exist, demons cannot write the bible. Since demons cannot write the bible, therefor demons didn't write the bible. Question solved.

(c) If we found convincing evidence (to support demons' existence), then we will be been convince to believe demons exist, we will also be convince to know that demons exist. Now we proceed to step 2.

• Step 2, we investigate whether or not there is convincing evidence to support/disprove the statement that "demons wrote the bible".
(a) If we found no such convincing evidence (to support that statement), then we won't be convince to believe that that statement is fact. Conclusion: Currently, we don't know whether or not demons wrote the bible, we still haven't find a solution to solve that question.

(b) If we found convincing evidence (to disprove that statement), then we will be convince to believe demons didn't write the bible, we will also be convince to know that demons didn't write the bible. Question solved.

(c) If we found convincing evidence (to support that statement), then we will be convince to believe that demons wrote the bible, we will also be convince to know that demons wrote the bible. Question solved.

Does that answer your question?

I see, you know that the bible was not written by demons because you believe/know that demons don't exist. Whatever. Your opinion (which you back it up with 0 evidence) is duly noted.

Well, i also don't believe "the bible was written by demons", neither do i believe "demons exist". Never have i been convince to believe any of that is fact.

Hypothetically speaking...
Of course God can use his omnipotent magic power to prevent demons to impersonated Lazarus/Jesus, right? Of course right.

Btw, not sure what is your point.
Are you trying to convey the message that christians shouldn't believe in jesus because your mere opinion say that Jesus could be a demon in disguise? Instead they should believe in your religion's leader Bahaullah? Or what...?

Last edited:

night912

Actually it is rationally productive. That's exactly what deception and/or to decieve is. By giving examples of demons and "evil," then giving the false information on how to obtain salvation. After telling a different groups of people not to follow the other demons and instead they should follow the savior named Jesus, Joseph, Jack, Joe, etc; when all of those names are just aliases for the true demon king officially known as Demon King Piccolo. And the true savior is actually the one called Mr. Satan(not to be confused with the demon simply called, Satan. So you see, by telling some truths, all those people were deceived into following the one single deceiver.

Yes, those kingdoms are all divided against one another, but united under one kingdom ruled by Satan. If Satan told his underlings to perform a fake exorcism and he himself put on a show of him appearing as if being cast out, did Satan really cast Satan out?

If you were told not to commit 99 sins, in which you obediently didn't do. Then you obediently did commit the ultimate 1 sin above all sins, you did nonetheless committed a sin. Knowing ways to not obtain salvation is not the same as knowing how to obtain salvation.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It is more like 60-65% if we remove China and India in the equation

images
images

I lived in China for eight years from 1998 to to 2006 and the Bible is everywhere in Chinese, and yes pretty much all Chinese know about the Bible and Christianity. I have no doubt that India is not much different considering the modern state of communication technology. There are churches in all the major cities and many elsewhere. Yes, the they are government accredited churches, but nonetheless churches.

I visited India in this period, and saw a number of churches. By far most Indians know about Christianity, as the rest of the world simply through mass media.

Last edited:

Hawkins

We can't. We humans only do what we can.

Trump said news are faked. That's possible. Do you still watch daily news. That's the point.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the proof is in the pudding. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy and he is a liar. His demons most likely will reflect that. However God will destroy that which is evil while the demons seek to support evil.

I believe the Bible consistently reveals which is which.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Suppose a demon were to act in a manner that was indistinguishable to us from a saint. Would it still be a demon? Or would it now be something else, perhaps even a saint?

I believe in the person of the anti Christ, the devil acts well for a while but he can't help allowing his true nature to shine through eventuall and in a sense it is part of his nature to act well as a deception.

Ok, so the Quran says Satan is a deceiver, but JWs seem to think all other religions are demon inspired, do you see the hypocrisy?

Sorry, I don’t see hypocrisy in that.

It would be interesting to know, what is meant with demon inspired.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Instead they should believe in your religion's leader Bahaullah?
I do not believe in Baha’u’llah, so I see no reason they should.

By the way I’m not a Baha’i, I’m a liberal. To be “Baha’i inspired” just means to me that I like some of the general principles of the Baha’i Faith, not that I believe the claims of its founder.

Thanks for contributing your post :)

MJFlores

upload_2020-5-7_23-15-49.jpeg

I just remembered that there were times Jesus was accused by the Pharisees that Jesus is performing miracles like driving out demons because he is in alliance or in cahoots with the prince of demons - which is why demons obey Jesus Christ.

These instances are recorded in Matthew 9:34; Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:22; Luke 11:15

images

However Jesus Christ answered them perfectly.

Matthew 12:22-28 New International Version (NIV)
Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Ron_WT

Preacher

Daniel this is an easy question. BTW the children remark LOL priceless.
Demon child, I guess it is 5 to 8 years old you have to lift the hair up and check for 666? Just to be sure right?

Anyway Daniel I'll touch first on the bible topic. We know 100% where the Bible, Torah, Quran, and the Grinores were published and when. You can yourself research this. All were printed by the Vatican, your studies will show what book and in what century A.D. it was released by the Vatican.

So are you asking what if these men were Demons?, and since the unholy documents were taken there and re-written and published there ... Daniel you make an interesting point. We don't know?

Your other words and questions I cannot relate. Jesus is my Brother and he has no attribute that would be dark. So demonic never my friend.
Ron